Broken Promises

[Sequel Up!] Don't Say You're A Leader When You're Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

double update (chap 8 & 9), ooh ahh ~

ps. story ends in 4 more chapters hohoho

Broken Promises

Year 2016, January: Kim Junmyeon (25); Zhang Yixing (21)

Yixing sighed as she waited at the station patiently, letting her thoughts wander back to the day before, her heart filled half with regrets and half with hurt.

Year 2015, last day of December

How bad was it, Yixing?

He’s trying too hard, and it’s freaking me out.

I told you not to go.

But I didn’t want to miss the entire thing just because of him.

You have a good heart, Xing, it’s a pity he can’t appreciate that.

But what good is it if I always get hurt?

Look Yixing, do you like him or not?

Yixing sighed as she bit her lip, before putting the phone away.  Did she like Joonmyeon?  Well, she saw him as her ideal type, but recently there had been so many issues and happenings that it felt like she didn’t know him anymore.  She pondered a bit more before replying.

I don’t know.

What happened after that?

He asked me to apply a mask on him and my sleeping position ended up beside him…

Yixing…

And he kept stealing my phone and he also kept trying to keep himself beside me during the games too.

Yixing…

I’m sorry.

Yixing ended the conversation as she rocked back on her feet, waiting for the members to arrive at the meeting place.  It was the last day of 2015, and they were all going to countdown together.  Joonmyeon had texted her, inviting her to join them, and she had agreed.  It had been a long time since she hanged out with them anyway.

“Hello Yixing,” Joonmyeon greeted, Sehun and Jongin behind him who waved at her before getting absorbed into their phone.

She smiled at him before greeting the other members who had arrived, as they walked into the mall to pack food to eat at an open area.  They all settled down into a circle to eat before breaking into chattering.

“Guys…  Actually I have to go in about two hours’ time,” Joonmyeon cleared his throat.

“Eh, hyung, didn’t you call for this?”

Joonmyeon smiled awkwardly and he caught Yixing’s staring at him, hurt and disappointment in her eyes.

“Yunho invited the main leaders to go and countdown at his house.”

Yixing frowned, before turning away, taking a deep breath before taking another bite of her wrap as she listened to the conversation.

“But hyung, you gathered us to countdown today!”

“Yeah, but its Yunho…”

Yixing rolled her eyes, so this was how Joonmyeon wanted it to be eh?  So was he saying that Yunho was much more important than all his other members?  Then why was this even organized in the first place if the leader was not going to be with them throughout the whole thing?  The worst part was he did not even tell them beforehand and only told them now.

She sighed and glared at her phone.  So much for telling me that he will be there and hoping I would come, the girl thought, her face darkening once more.

“Lay,” Kyungsoo placed a hand on her shoulder, and she smoothed her face expression before looking at her.  “Will you be joining us later then?”

“I actually kind of feel cheated,” she mumbled, explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter