004

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got out of my room feeling kind of satisfied with the decorations. Hitted by a good feeling to explore the house, I roamed through the hallway thinking that maybe it's a good thing to know a little bit of my mom's house structure. 

Stopping in front of an old door, I look up feeling curious of why does the door looking different than the other doors. Gathering my curiousness as I took a short glance behind me, I put my hand around the doorknob and as I was about to twist it, a large hand stopped my hand from further twisting it. 

And suprisingly, it was the man that was with my mom earlier. "Don't-" he was about to say something when the voice of my mom interrupt from behind him, "Jagi, what are you- oh, I m-mean Wonsuk, what are you doing here?" she stuttered a bit when she found me as well with that Wonsuk guy. 

I quickly snatched my hand away from him and from the doorknob, hiding them behind my back before turning my attention towards the both of them. "Daeun-ah, I forgot to introduce you to my friend who lives here and basically my childhood friend," Oh great a childhood friend."and I will be working with him to run his restaurant downtown and I hope the both of you will get along well. Kang Daeun, Seo Wonsuk. Seo Wonsuk, Kang Daeun." she explained clearly and smiled towards the both of us. 

I take a quick annoy look on Seo Wonsuk who looks almost the same age as my mom, or maybe older with some wrinkles barely seen on the man's face. His jet black hair was messily hanging on his forehead almost reaching his eyebrows. I only gave him a short nod before walking away into my room.

/////

Tonight's sky was dark without stars and the small quiet road in Namyangju were only lightend by the small flickering lights along them. Scrolling through my twitter list, I lazily read my followings complaining about their daily life, as usual. Or maybe complaining about how annoying their school day was or maybe how lazy they were about doing their teacher homework's.

If it's not for us moving here, I might be joining them complaining about school s as well. As I threw my phone on my bedside table, I look through the window which is facing my bed while thinking about today's event. 

My mind suddenly drift off about that one specific room at the end of the hallway. Why was that Wonsuk man suddenly stopped me from opening the door? I mean, he is my mom's childhood friend after all. Does that means that he might have some connection with that room? 

He might also not look like a 'friend' to my mom the way he talked to her in the kitchen earlier. If my ear wasn't mistaken of what my mom calls him, I think I heard my mom calling that Wonsuk guy, 'Jagi' and stuttered when she saw me there.So much of a childhood friend. Why would she hide something about that from me? I mean, we shared a lot of things together. Even about boyfriends and stuffs. But no, I neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter