017

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you think of this house?" my mom asked with a sly smile tugged at the end of her lips. The dim sunlight that came from the window signalling that the sun has almost set.

I passed momentarily, mentally debating if I should answer her question honestly or not. Somehow doubting that my honest answer will be acceptable for my mother or not. Huffing a quiet sigh I looked at my mother calmly. "They're fine. Everything's okay and oh, even the hot shower. So," I took a breath. "Everything's just fine." 

My mother nodded, at what she didn't recognize as, fake optimism.

I mentally applaud for my lies as I managed to arrange the words that I did not expect to come out. Sure I've lied, everyone never escapes from telling a lie but this, is the first ever lie I've told my mother. Talking about honesty, that's all I can give to my mother, a mental sign that she's all the person I trust. 

But somehow, I mentally winced at the thought of telling my mother a lie. But I can't take my actions back, she just has fallen into it. 

"If you say so. If there's anything odd or any problems you're having, just tell me okay?" she smiled and patted my hands.

Oh how I wish she knew what actually happened around here. Or did she? I just nodded at her with a small smile plastered on my lips.

"Okay," my mom suddenly spoke up, almost making me flinch. She let go of my hands and walked towards the counter, probably taking some things. "Should we have some dinner together tonight?" She asked with her back facing me.

At least that suggestion made me lighten up a bit. We usually had our dinner together back at Gangnam and it suprised me that this is our first time having dinner in Namyangju, our new home after a few days moving here. "Sure!" I responded clearly failed in hiding the excitement.

"Great! Now help me buy some groceries so I can cook." She turned around sharply while stucking her hand out with some money between her fingers. I let out sigh of exasperation and slowly took the money. "I thought you meant take away." 

She stiffled out a soft chuckle as she grabbed both of my shoulders and pushed me towards the door. "I want to cook honey. I know how much you want me to cook right?" 

I laughed and told my mother that I'll be back soon before making my way towards the grocery store that was 10 minutes far if you're not using any transportation in other meaning, walking. 

Taking the fresh night air into my lungs, I walked pass by some houses and post lamps that was lined up along the quiet road. The surroundings were strangely quiet since it was only dusk and how different it was here from the busy city of Gangnam.

As I take a turn at the end of the road, I glanced at the nicely built house and inspected the nice design of the house. Modern, 2 storey and the style are kind of different  from those house around here. 

I averted m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter