012

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I entered the house quietly and after making sure that everything was locked, I made my way to the hallway when my action was canceled by the high pitched ear bleeding scream from my mother's bedroom.

Without flinching, I quickened my pace to my mother's bedroom and when I swung the door open, the room is so quiet until the only sound visible was the sound of my breathing and my heartbeat. 

Strange.

I looked around the room and saw my mother soundly sleeping on her bed. She's really asleep I guess. But for godness sake, the screaming sound surely came from here. I'm not deaf though. 

If it was my mother, she should've been awake by now, but judging from the surroundings, it sounds like nothing just happened. My mother never sleeptalk as far as I know.

Deciding that I don't want to think anything about it, I stepped back a few steps to close the door when my mother calls out for my name, "Daeun, you're home?" 

I paused and pushed the door open quietly as I leaned my back on the door frame. "Obviously," I retorted.

She sat up and crossed her arms as I asked her, "Were you screaming just now?" 

Her expression fell and her eyes darted everywhere around the room, maybe looking for an answer, "I uh.. Kang Daeun, where have you been? Can't you see it's almost 11 at night?" 

I cocked my head and scoffed, "Wow, and now you're asking my whereabouts?" 

I thought she's just too busy to even give me a call. I mean, can't she even afford 2 to 3 minutes to give me a call? Funny though. And yes, I'm complaining.

"I'm your mother Daeun, show some respect can't you?" she spoke in a stern tone. I averted her gaze and fixed my eyes on the floor as I moved my back away from the door frame to stand up straightly. 

"Sorry, mother." I apologized in a slow tone, unsure if she heard it or not as I shuffled awkwardly on my feet.

"Where were you?" she repeated, this time in a serious tone.

I cleared my throat and answered, "Night market,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter