016

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, who's Seungcheol?" I asked after giving my cookies and cream flavoured ice cream a brief . 

"Seungcheol hyung? He's basically a friend, more like a hyung to us. Me and Hansol, and the rest of our friends including Seungcheol hyung, we've been growing up together for a long time." I waited for him to continue his words as he said, "But too bad, he had to move to Seoul as he got a scholarship at one of Seoul's top and prestigous college."  

I nodded understandingly. "Then it's long way for him to get here then." 

"Yeah. Anything for his dongsaengs as he always told us before. Although he's really busy with his college life, he never fails to spends his time meeting us all the way here." Soonyoung added. 

I let out a small smile, confident that Soonyoung didn't see it. Honestly, the way he described that Seungcheol, I know they have a really strong bond which is really hard to break them and I can easily tell that I am kind of jealous of their friendship. With Seungcheol's brotherly behaviour, nothing can stop their friendship.

Soonyoung bit the last bits of his ice cream cone before wiping his palms on his jeans. "He sounds like a very good person," I concluded. "Wow, your ice cream disappeared so fast, you know," I said which made Soonyoung chuckled.

As I finished my ice cream, I let out a shaky breath, suddenly finding that the weather has suddenly turned colder. Ignoring the temperature, I suddenly remembered of last night's event where I heard an unusual scream from my mother's room. 

 Contemplating if I should ask Soonyoung something about it or not, I decided to just ask him a short question, "Soonyoung, I...have a question, if you don't mind." 

"Sure. What is it?"

"What does it means if someone heard a weird yet unfamilliar scream which came from inside a house?" I said my words one by one, carefully not to make the question sounds weird. 

Soonyoung let out a small laugh and turned to me with one of his brows rose. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I meant," 

"Well," Soonyoung shrugged, "I'm not really good with these type of thing but based on what I know, that might be a bad sign." he breath out. I waited for his words as he glanced at me, "A bad sign that tells the person who heard the scream that someone might die or get killed. Someone's close to them." he explained, muttering the last sentence.

"But!" he suddenly raised his voice, "I'm not sure about that. I don't want you to misunderstand on what I just said just now." he smiled. "It's just based on what I read."

I looked down on my hands. No, it can't be true. Maybe its just some weird believings. You know, you can't trust everything you read. Especially this bull thing that Soonyoung just told me. Maybe there is a bad-

"You okay?" he snapped his fingers in front of my face, interrupting my thoughts.

I'm not?

"Sure, yeah. I mean... I'm okay," 

Soonyoung looks uncertain with my answer. He stopped his tracks and I mirrored his action. Confused, I asked, "Why are we stopping?" 

"Are you really okay?" He asked with one of his brows rose.

 "Obviously, yes. Can we get going now?" I asked as I let out a breath of relief once I felt that I sucessfully get rid of the worriedness in my tone.

Although the sound of worriedness can clearly be heard from his voice but I knew...I knew that I shouldn't be telling him the actual story. It's not that he's a new person I just met, it's not that I don't take this weird 'thing' seriously, it's just that I can't fully trust someone. You can't trust people easily even if they had treated you  nicely. 

Who knows, he might be like the other students in Donghwa High where they clearly trying to not appear in my vision of sight. Except when we were in classes. The news spreads so fast here in this small town. Well, I don't know what they meant by 'news'. What does all those had to do with me? 

Passing by the park that we've just went this morning, a group of kids are happily playing with each other, some kids old game. The innocence of the kids filled wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter