001

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to the sound of my name being called and some soft knocks on my bedroom door. "Kang Daeun, open the door please." A feminine voice called out as i shifted uncomfortably on my bed.

Glancing towards my left, I looked at my bedside alarm clock, unbelieveable of the time I'm up right now.

5:32 AM

Okay now what is my mom doing outside my bedroom door at this early hour. Usually she is the most heavy sleeper compared to me and waking up at this early hour is so not her. I groaned and ripped my comforter out of my body, slide in my slippers and lifelessly make my way towards my bedroom's door. I swung the door open which I was greeted by my mom holding a large round chocolate cheesecake with candles sticking out from it.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to our Kang Daeun! Happy birthday to you!" She sang sweetly with the motherly smile spread widely on her face. My mind quickly drift off to thoughts remembering what date is today.

11 September. Wait, isn't it today? Today is my birthday? Wow how time flies. Congrats Daeun, welcome to the oldies club.

"Heloooooo. Earth to Daeun!" My mom almost screamed in front of my face snapping me out to reality when she's still there, infront of me, holding my birthday cake. "Yes?" I answered cluelessly.

She sighed, "Today is your birthday! Well at least show some reaction or someting." I raised an eyebrow, almost yawning when I raised both of my hand excitedly saying, "Yay it's my birthday. Happy birthday Daeun! Now I'm gonna close my eyes and make a wish! Yayyy." 

I put my hands down and without closing my eyes, I blowed the candles only leaving my mom's maybe a satisfied look on her face. "Done joking? Now let's eat your cake." She smiled and dragged me downstairs with her right hand while her other free hand holds the cake.

/////

"You're done Daeun?" My mom asked from downstairs while I was fixing my school uniform.I shouted back in response, "Almost!" 

I took one last look of myself on the mirror before rushing downstairs when I saw my mom is sitting on the dining table sipping her cup of coffee, eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter