020

Daeun's Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today's school day ended suprisingly pretty fast and kind of alone during the whole classes without my deskmate. Although we don't talk much. 

I sighed while taking a short glance at my watch and started to pack my books as students after students rushed out of the class, basically homesick.

5:34 PM

After finished packing all of my books inside my bagpack, I decided to not go home yet and to sit down on my seat, as I admired the quietness surrounding me. All of the students had emptied this class except me. At this state, I appreciated the quietness so much.

I breathed out and dropped my head on the cold student desk as I took out my iPod and put on my earphone, silently escaping the reality. I scroll through my playlist and stopped at a new song which I just downloaded few days ago and tapped my screen once. Soon, the song's intro invaded both of my ears through my earphones.

I leaned my head on my arm while looking at the empty seat beside me which was Hansol's. Seconds later, I closed my eyes when I heard the chair beside me being pulled.

Deciding to ignore the sound, I proceeded to not open my eyes. Realizing that a couple of seconds had passed by, I slowly opened my eyes and my heartbeat rate suddenly raced fastly by the familiar figure in front of me, basically in the same position as mine, but facing me.

"Hi," He greeted, his eyes tinkling in small crescents.

"Are you been watching me?" I retorted, still not moving from my position.

Soonyoung raised his eyebrows. "I'm not that crazy you know. I've been walking past your class and saw someone who's crazy enough to stay in this class. So I got in and this happened," He replied, his voice was really comforting and quiet, but loud enough for me to hear them. "And I found out that the someone is you."

"Make sense." I nodded, my head brushing with my arm. I closed my eyes once again as the song's chorus came which made me hummed a bit. "What're you listening?" Soonyoung interrupted and pulled out my left earphone but then inserting it inside his right ear.

I opened my eyes and waited for his reaction. Seconds later, he wrinkled his nose and asked, "Gosh, what song is this?" I raised my brows. "Pretty U,"

"The singer?"

"Seventeen,"

"Oh! Seventeen! Wow, I don't know you like those dudes,"

Widening my eyes in excitement I asked, "Oh my god do you?" He burst out in laughter at my question as a reaction. "No no what? Me? I don't like those dudes especially the dancer guy. Wait, what's his name again? Ho...Hosh? Hushi?"

"Hoshi," I corrected. "Yeah yeah whatever," He waved off. "He just thinks that his dance moves are the best like feet stomping what is that?"

"You sounds like a grandmother Kwon Soonyoung," I commented. "It's a matter of fact okay? I dance better than that Hushi guy right? I mean, you've seen it before though."

"Hoshi," I corrected again. "And yes. You dance better. Okay?"

Soonyoung laughed sheepishly and ruffled my hair as he pulled out the earphone and gave it back to me. "Shouldn't you be home right now?" I pulled out my earphone and turned off the song as I put them aside and returned to my original position, facing Soonyoung.

Soonyoung shook his head. "Nah, my father's working. He won't even know if I'm back or not," I furrowed my eyebrows as I realized that we had the same fact about our guardians.

"What about your mother?" I asked which made Soonyoung produced a soft smile. "She left me when I was 7."

"Oh," I moved my eyes to his brown locks. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

He shook his head again and closed his eyes. "No it's not your fault."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter