Kim Mingyu

Author's New Pet

The soft touch of his finger traced over my body; from the moles on my arm to the place between my eyebrows. His smile was gentle and warm unlike my most recent memory of him screaming with horror in his eyes. It was quite strange. I knew it was a dream but his touch felt so real and his voice, his voice was calling for me. I reached out and he pulled away. His smile turned into a sad smile. His eyes filled with worry unlike the normal carefree feeling.

Don’t worry about me and let go.” His voice whispered. It was soft but loud at the same time; harsh yelling hidden in soft whispers. “I’m happy now. You need to be happy too. Just let me go.”

I turned in bed trying to find that one comfortable spot but it was nearly impossible. His smiling face with someone else haunted me but I was unable to wake up from this nightmare hidden in a dream. There was a soft ringing sound somewhere. It sounded almost like a doorbell.

My eyes shot open as I heard my phone ring. It was Jeonghan hyung.

“Hello?”

“Open the door for me.” Although he didn’t sound annoyed, he did sound like he was in a rush. I dragged myself out of bed. My legs were wobbly and my head felt heavy. Dragging myself down the stairs was a hard task but I managed somehow. I opened the unlocked door and was greeted by a heavy breathing Jeonghan hyung.

“Are you okay?” He was leaning against the wall and there was sweat dripping down his face.

“I-I don’t feel too good. The baby-there was liquid all over my boxers and-“ Jeonghan dropped to the floor and held his hand on his stomach.

“I-Um- it’s going to be okay. I’m calling an ambulance.” I helped him to the couch as I dialed 119. I patted his face with a towel. He groaned in pain. The ambulance took a good 30 minutes before arriving. Jeonghan hyung winced in pain every 10 minutes. I’m no genius but I was sure that this was a sign that he was going into labor.

“What’s the time between his contractions?” The medic asked as we rushed him to the hospital,

“10 minutes.” I panicked as I held onto Jeonghan’s hand. He was going into birth too early. There’s no way the baby would survive at 15 weeks but I knew how much hyung loved the baby and so all I can do is pray.

~ some time later ~

“Yoon Jeonghan’s family?” The head doctor that was working on Jeonghan’s surgery asked with a smile.

“Is he alright?” The doctor nodded.

“Him and the baby.” At that moment, everything blurred and the world was spinning.

“The baby- the baby is still alive.” The doctor nodded and led me to Jeonghan’s room. There he was, Jeonghan hyung with the newborn child wrapped in a blue blanket. “What- what are you going to name him?” Jeonghan looked up at me with tears welling up in his eyes.

“Mingyu, I’m going to name him Mingyu after his daddy.” The name sounded familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it right away. Until it hit me and I felt anger start to swell up inside of me.

“Is the father named Kim Mingyu?” Jeonghan looked at me with confusion in his eyes before opening his mouth.

“How did you know?” Mingyu that bastard is two timing. He has both Jeonghan hyung and Jungkook wrapped around his finger, I thought to myself.

“It was a lucky guess. I’m going to go use the bathroom.” I rushed to the restroom and sat. “I need to calm my nerves before I go back.” I whispered to myself. I was hesitant at first but eventually, I did leave the stall only to bump into Jin hyung.

“Tae-ah, what are you doing here?” Dressed in a patient’s gown, Jin hugged me as he asked me the simple question.

“My friend, he went into labor. But does- is Jungkook- is h- he still dating th- that Kim Mingyu guy?” He nodded.

“Why do you ask?”

“Jeonghan, my friend, his child- the Y chromosome belongs to- the father is Kim Mingyu.” Jin hyung starred at me and his eyes burned holes into me. “Is Jimin hyung here? I need to talk to him.”

“Where is he? Where is your friend? Take me and Jimin to him.” After finding Jimin in the café, we made our way to Jeonghan hyung and mini Mingyu. Jeonghan was there feeding the tiny child.

“Hi hyung. You know Jimin and this is Jin hyung. He’s an… acquaintance of Mingyu.”

“Hello, I’m Kim Seokjin. I heard that you had Mingyu’s…child and wanted to visit. He’s kind of small. Is he premature?” Jeonghan nodded and reached for a napkin. “But Mingyu- h- he is dating someone else. Were- were you aware of that?”

“I know. I’ve known for a long time that his eyes don’t look for me. He is pre- occupied by someone else. I know he was just dragging me along. But I love him too much. I’m happy even with just his child to hold in my arms and call me mum. That’s all I want.” The nurse came in and took mini Mingyu back to the PM ward. Silence grew over the room and made the air uncomfortable.

“Jin hyung Jimin hyung, Yoongi hyung told me you we- Tae..hyung?”


I'M BACK! I know its been a very very very (cue Very Very Very by ioi) long time since I posted a new chapter. I was very busy during the school year and its finally summer break so I'll probably post more. Thank you everyone who stuck by my side even though its been so long. Also I know the chapter is very short but you know I like cliff hangers. Ok until next time bye my lovies.

 

LYRIC OF THE DAY (Missed Call - Jung Joon Young)

    Do you even see me? Me, in pain from seeing your tears? Do you even hear me? My words that I'm saying so carefully?