Demian

Author's New Pet

"As for the babies, the babies are fine. Now, if Jin-shi doesn't take anti-depressions and continues to be depressed, the delivery could happen before the due date or the babies could be small when they're born."
"Doc, will the anti-depressions harm the babies at all?" The doctor shook his head as he smiled before motioning for me to sit down.
"If he doesn't take the pills he may have a greater chance of being depressed after the birth which may lead to many problems depending on the age of the twins. If you'll follow nurse Bora she'll tell you more about it." While walking behind the nurse to another room it gave me more time to reflect on this whole...problem.
 I couldn’t help thinking. Why? Why Jin? I fell down onto the chair before the nurse could begin to speaking.
"If Jin-shi has depression while the twins are children, they might not develop a secure attachment which may possibly lead to them having trouble interacting with Jin, they may have complications sleeping, they may be hindered in their development, they may have more colic, they could develop skills or reach developmental milestones later than other children."
"If they're toddlers or preschoolers while he's depressed, they could be less self-determining, they could be less expected to socialize with others, they could have more difficulty accepting discipline, they may be more belligerent and destructive, or they may not do as well in school."
"If they're school aged, they may have behavior complications, have trouble learning, have a higher risk of ADHD, not do as well in school, or have a higher risk of fretfulness, depression or other psychological difficulties. Now, we can stop all that from happening with anti-depressions. We can proscribe some medications which you can pick up later at the pharmacy." I nodded before she handed me some paperwork to fill out.
This isn't real...this is all one horrifying dream...no not a dream but a nightmare. A nightmare that will never end unless these pills are given to Jin to awaken us up from this despicable thing. I handed the papers back to the nurse. A deep sigh left my mouth as I walked out of the office to the waiting room where the others were sitting. I told them the news, good and bad, as my weight shifted from one foot to the other with guilt.
"I'm so sorry Namjoon...I'm sure it wasn't your intention, or anyone’s intention at that, for any of this to happen. Jin hyung's strong, I'm one hundred percent sure that Jin and the twins will make it through this. Don't worry." I looked everywhere for something or someone to change the topic before my eyes landed on a snoozing Jungkook.
"It looks our maknae fell asleep while I was gone." I moved his hair out of his eyes. Jimin nodded as Jungkook's head fell onto his shoulder. Slight laughs left our small group before it went silent. I gulped as guilt filled me. I started shifting my weight again as Yoogi studied my movements. He got up and forced me to sit down on his chair. His eyes told me to stay. He walked down a hall that led to the cafe. Jimin was too busy listening to music with Jungkook sound asleep on his shoulder to notice his surroundings. I played with my hands as my eyes searched around the room looking for something, anything really, to calm me, to distract me from the real world like Jimin with his music. My eyes landed on a book no other than the great master piece, Demian. I got up and clutched the book. I sat down and opened to the first page.
All I really wanted was to try and live the life that was spontaneously welling up within me. Why was that so very difficult? When authors write novels, they usually act as if they were God and could completely survey and comprehend some person's history and present as if God were telling it to Himself, totally exposed, in its own essence at all points...
 "Here, drink this." Yoogi said before shoving a cold bottle of water into my face. I thanked him before opening the bottle and taking a sip from it.
"It’s nice and cold." I opened my book once again getting lost in the words that the author wrote. Page after page, the book was filled with physiological stuff a normal person would never really understand.
On the other hand, the other world began right in our house; it was altogether different, smelled different, spoke different, and made different promises and demands. In this second world there were maids and journeymen, ghost stories and scandalous rumors; there was a motley flow of uncanny, tempting, frightening, puzzling things, things like slaughter house and jail, drunks and bickering women, cows giving birth, horses collapsing, stories of burglaries, killings, suicides. All these beautiful and scary, wild and cruel things existed all around, in the next street, in the next house; policemen and vagrants ran around, drunks beat their wives, clusters of young girls poured out of factories in the evening, old women could cast a spell on you and make you sick, bandits lived in the woods, arsonists were caught by the constabulary--this second, violent world gushed out fragrantly everywhere, except in our rooms, where Mother and Father were...
"Patient Jin's guardian, we're ready for you to come in." We woke Jungkook up as a small pout formed on his face.
"I and mini-Jeon are still tired. Let us sleep." Yoogi shook his head as he gave Jungkook and ride on his back. He didn't look like the type but Yoogi was really strong. Jin's face lit up as we walked into the room. I dropped everything, literally, as I rushed over to his side to give him a hug. Tears ran down my face like a river. There were no words to describe my happiness and gratefulness that he was okay.
''Jin...oh Jin. I'm so...so happy that you're okay. Please...please don't ever...ever drown me in that bath tub filled with cold water called depression and confusing again." I held him close to me, afraid that if I let go this time, he'll leave and never come back this time.
"Joonie, have you been reading Demian? You're saying physiological stuff again. Oh my little Joonie. Don't worry I'll never leave you. Besides its a million years too early for you to be left alone." He ruffled my hair softly as I felt a warm tear fall on my head. "I love you." Jin whispered softly into my ear. I heard the others shuffle out quiet after sitting me down in a chair as I clung onto Jin as he did to me. Whispering sweet nothings, we got tired as it got dark outside. The full moon reflected off of the lake outside the hospital.
"Isn't pretty Jin? The moon reflecting off the lake with the fountain ripples and the swans swimming around. It's almost as nice as Han River." 
"Idiot. That is Han River. Aren't you supposed to be the smart Kim Namjoon with a 145.5 IQ?"
"Correction, it's an IQ of 148. Besides, I couldn't tell because I was already blinded by your beauty."
"Agh…cringe. Well, at least you know the right words to say.” He ruffled my hair and kissed me on the head before both of us fell asleep, me in my chair and him in the bed.
I looked around the bright room. My eyes landed on the bed side table; someone had left flowers with a note. 
I hope you get better soon hyung.
-Unknown.


I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to update for a while. I promised you guys I would write this chapter once I got back from Florida but when I did, I had a major writer's block. Then, I started school and I didn't have time. Even now, I don't have time. I mean I'm uploading this on the bus. Any ways, I'm sorry, but this is half of a normal chapter. I wanted to give you a little prize for waiting patiently so here it is. When I have time I'll update the rest. Thank you and good bye.