The War Is Over

Author's New Pet

Why does it feel like I’m cheating?

That was the only thing that went through my head for the rest of the day; especially when I was Mingyu.  It wasn’t supposed to be that way, right?

"Ok…Kook…Jungkook!”

“What?” I asked snapping out of my thoughts. It was lunchtime and I was sitting with Mingyu.

“I was asking if you would like to go to the movies tonight.” He asked before placing his arm around my shoulder and leaning his head onto mine.

“Sure.” I mumbled as I stabbed my fork at my salad and ate it. I stared off into the distance thinking about Mingyu, about Namjoon and Jin and the baby, and about him and me. I started to hear music in the back ground before Mingyu patted me on the shoulder.

“Hey Jungkook, your phone is ringing.”

“Hm…oh that’s nice.”

“Someone named…Namjoon hyung is calling you.” At the name of one of my closest friends, my ears perked up as I grabbed the phone from Mingyu’s hands.

“Jungkook…it’s…its Jin…he collapsed.”


After talking it Jin I wondered home, getting soaked by the pouring rain. I had gotten a call from the editing company saying that Jimin was busy so they were sending another one of my editors.  I stepped it my house as my wet sneakers squeaked on the marble floor.  I showered in the guest shower. I still had nightmares from that room, from that shower, from that note that still sat on the night stand haunting me day in day out until I switched rooms. They said the victims of are the ones who have nightmares and flashbacks, but I was getting them.

I wonder does Jungkook get them too? If so, Jungkook I’m so sorry.

I thought as I scrubbed myself with soap. As I continued to scrub myself, getting closer and closer towards my private place, memories started to flash back. I collapsed on to the tile floor as images of Jungkook crying out in pain started to flash inside my head, it was so realistic it was like I could reach out and touch him, pull him into a hug and pat him on the head and tell him to was going to be okay, but it wasn’t, it never would be. I cried as I rocked back and forth at the sound of his cries ringing through my ears.

“Stop…it. It hurts…Hyung! Please.”

My screams bounced off the shower walls cause them to be abnormally loud.

“Jungkook, stop crying. Please. Please I beg you. Stop!” I screamed before one of my editors, Jeonghan, stepped in and grabbed me by the shoulders.

“Tae, stop it’s just a illusion. No ones here besides you and me. It’s okay.” He assured me as he pulled me into a hug despite me getting his shirt wet.

“Hyung, I’m scared.” I cried into his shoulder.

“Shh…there’s nothing to be scared of.” He said before helping me up and into clothes. I calmed down as I drank my freshly brewed, Earl Grey tea.

“I’m sorry hyung. You’re pregnant and yet you have to take care of me.” I said sheepishly as he sat down across from me, caressing his stomach, the baby girl inside of his stomach now three and a half months old.

“It’s fine. Besides I’m the one who became a mistress for some one I could never have.  I’m just worried about the baby once she’s born. Having a father barely 19 years older but then again I don’t think she’ll meet him. I hope she doesn’t end up like either of us.” He confessed as he traced the edge of his cup. “Any ways back to business, so where’s your manuscript?” He asked before I handed over the 28-chapter manuscript. He thanked me before he left, leaving me confused about the mysterious baby daddy. 


“I was a mess at that time. So I made a mistake or two. At least I didn’t go a some one who trusted me like him!”

So was Taehyung! He was a mess too! And one mistake? Talk about thirty! You know what I’m lea-“ I cut myself off as all the strength in my legs started to fade, my eye sight became blurry, and everything around me became nothing but darkness. I felt myself collapse to the floor before Namjoon came rushing over.

“Jin! Jin! Oh no! …..Hello, 911?” I heard him ask before everything cut off for good.


--- Switching to Namjoon’s POV


After calling the ambulance, I dialed Jungkook’s number. With tears in my eyes and Jin in my lap, I waited anxiously for Jungkook to pick up.

“Hello?”

“Jungkook…it’s…its Jin…he collapsed.”

“……It’s going to be alright. I’ll be there right away.”

 The phone beeped signaling that he had hung up. I held Jin in my arms as I cried, my tears landing onto his white shirt. The doorbell rang a few minutes later. I carried Jin to the couch before preceding to the answer the door.

“Sir, where the pregnant person?” I led them to the couch before I watched dazed as they put him on the stretcher.

“Sir, we’re going to need you to step out of the way. “

“Huh…oh…sorry.” I apologized as I stepped aside.

“We’re about to leave, but you could ride with us.” They told as they reached out a hand to help me up. Grabbing onto the hand, I boosted myself up and sat down next to Jin. I held his hand in mine as I cried.

“Please be alright. Stopping scaring me, please. We still have a long way to go. The twins, they haven’t experienced this beautiful but scary world yet, but neither have you. So please just stay. Don’t rob yourself and the twins’ life because of this. I know you have no control over what happens today but you have a choice, don’t you? Think about everything we’ve been through, think about the things we could go through, and think about all the things the twins could go through. Now tell, what do you choose, to live or to die?” I cried. I laid my head on the space left over on the stretcher. Reaching out, I placed my hand on his stomach as I felt the babies kicked panicky. “I’m sorry.” I whispered to the twins. The ambulance halted to a stop as the medics got up and opened the doors. They gathered around Jin as we rushed him out of the ambulance. We rushed to the ER as I ran along beside them. I ran through the hospital, along Jin’s side my emotions blinding me. I wanted to follow him inside, so badly I started to walk in too.

“Sir, you can’t go in.” A nurse said as she politely pushed me out.

“But my boyfriend is pregnant with twins and in there! I have to go in!” I yelled.

“I’m sorry but it’s against the policy.” She said as she closed the doors to the ER. I crashed to my knees as my tears turned to sobs.

“But they need me…” I whispered.


 I ran. I ran all the way to the hospital after I got his call.  After talking to Namjoon, I yelled a good bye to Mingyu and dropped everything. I ran through campus, I ran through a park, and now I was running through the bustling sidewalks to the hospital.

Please be okay.

I knew you weren’t supposed to do anything physically challenging while you’re pregnant but the roads were too packed with cars to drive so I ran. Besides the doctor told me it was okay because it was still the early stages of my pregnancy. I ran into the hospital panting as I looked franticly for my friend. I walked around the busy hallways, reading the signs on the walls until I found the ER. There kneeling on the floor was a crying friend who yelled prayers in between his sobs.

“Hyung.” I called out. He pulled on my shirt as I kneeled besides him. He cried into my shirt, soaking it with tears.

“It’s my fault! If only I didn’t argue with him! Damnit all!” He cried as he pounded on my chest.

“A-argue?”

“That-that beast showed up today. Jin stayed outside and talked to him as if they were the best of friends. I may have told Jin it was an idiotic move. I may have also said a couple of other things to push him into a corner before he left to pack his things and threaten to leave.” He confessed. I backed away from him until I couldn’t any more.

Ta-Taehyung showed up? But why? Why now? Why after all that’s happened? This is never would have happened if it wasn’t for him. That damn bastard.

I slid down the wall as Jimin and Yoogi hyung showed up. Pulling me into their arms, Jimin apologized to me over and over as Yoogi patted me on the head. I held them in my arms too afraid to let them go.

“Shh…it’s okay. Don’t get too depressed or else it’ll be bad for the bad.” Yoogi said as he sat me down on a chair. Jimin helped me take deep breathes as Yoogi tried to Namjoon to calm down.

“Kim Namjoon?” Our ears shot up as the nurse called Namjoon’s name. After walking over to the nurse as if he were drunk, Namjoon grabbed the nurse by the shoulders.

“How is he? Are the babies okay?” The nurse didn’t seem to care that he was shaking her shoulders and just sighed.

“Seokjin-shi, he is fine. He’s still a little unstable but he’s fine. As long as we monitor his conditions and pump medicine into him he’ll be discharged in about two weeks or so. It seems his collapse was caused by stress and depression so try to keep him away from stress and make sure he’s always happy. As for the babies, the babies are…..”


I sat down on the stool in the kitchen as I looked around, searching for something to eat. My eyes scanned over the counters until they fell on the jars of jam Jungkook had given to me just a month ago. I just sighed as I smeared it onto a piece of toast. Eating the toast in silence, I looked around and studied the features of my house. The walls being white were so plain. Not having enough furniture but yet all the furniture I needed it felt empty. Having no one but myself in this house made it feel like a plain empty void.  I thought for a while, thinking about what could make this plain empty void into something less.

‘Hey, hyung, could you do me a favor? …Could you and your guys come a take some of my furniture away? …Yeah, I’m redecorating. Okay see you in a bit.”

I changed into a new outfit before grabbing my keys and wallet with a smile on my face. I jumped into the car as I to the street. Singing along to nation’s girl group SNSD’s ‘Gee’, I sped down the highway making sure I kept my eyes out for the mall. Pulling into the parking garage, I noticed a car I could never miss.

Hayoung.

Parking next to her car, (for some strange reason), I watched as she got out of the car. She looked over to mine before smiling and forcing herself in.

“Oppa, it’s so nice to see you! How long has it been?”

“Two days, Hayoung. Two days.” She just kept for bubbly smile on her face even though she knew I was kind of annoyed.

“Any ways, oppa what are you doing here today? Shopping for new clothing? Or may-“

“Listen, Hayoung, why did you do this? Why did you plan everything to wreak Jungkook’s relationship with me? What do want to achieve from this? You already here back in high school.”

“I don’t know what you mean. I didn’t plan anything. I just missed you so I went to visit you.” By then I was irritated. Leaning over on her side, I slammed my hand on the window.

“Stop lying. Remember before we started dating we were child hood friends. I can tell when you’re lying.” I said before smirking. If gazes could kill, she would have murdered me by now.

“Like I would tell you!” I leaned in closer until she could feel my breath on her ear.

“I know all your secrets. You have darks secrets which means your career could go down hill. You see that’s the difference between us. You’re in the spotlight; if you get hurt everything, most likely, will end for you. While as for me, I’m just a mere author; if I get hurt nothing happens because they don’t care about me, they just are about my books. There’s nothing you can do; you’re in a corner. You might as well tell me.” I whispered into her ear.

“Fine, I’ll tell you!” She hissed. “When I came back from Japan, I went to visit Chanmi she told me about your little birdie. Of course I got a little pissed even though I’M the one who left YOU. So I went to visit her every night after I found that’s on the way from your house to his. That day that we meet was just mere luck. I saw the little birdie. I do admit, he’s a cute one. But that didn’t stop my hatred for him. I read the articles about the fan meet and interview so planned our meeting in front of the prison.  I contacted my reporter friend and I planned our conversation. Yes I went through the trouble of having to do calculations to figure out what you might say.  I took all that information and planned a scenario and that take us to where we are today.” I slowly processed the information.

“Why go through all that trouble just because of your hatred for him?” Was the only thing I managed to get out.

“Because this one boring and simple person who came from a middle-class family captured your hard-to-get unedifying attention in less than a month while it took me years. This person…what is so special about him that you forgot about Coco’s death anniversary or our promise to meet each other if I came back to visit? You never broke these promises even after we broke up but this…poor man came into your life and you forgot about me completely. Why, why is he so special? Was he there when your parents died? Was he there when your first adopted parents abused you? Was he there when you were returned to the orphanage? Was he there when two dads adopted you? Was he there when Coco died? Was he there when you found out you’re your siblings are dating despite the fact that they’re blood related? Was he ing there when you were in a ing coma for almost six ing months?!” She asked, as she looked at me with furious yet sad eyes.

“I’-I’m sorry. I didn’t know you felt that way. I’m sorry I missed Coco’s anniversary even though she was my dog. I was on a dead line. But to answer your question, I don’t even know why he’s special to me. He-he’s different. But now it doesn’t matter. He hates my guts and he’s dating some one else.”

“He is?”

“Yeah, one of my editors is the guy’s mistress. But I don’t know how long that’s going to go on for. I mean he’s carrying my child. I just hope that he’s okay despite everything that happened.”

“I should get going or else I’m going to be late for my press conference. I’ll see you another time.” She said before getting out of the car. I gathered my stuff together as I thought about our conversation. After getting out of the car I walked to the elevator. The music that played on the speakers was the same song that Jungkook sang on the day he found out my secret. I hummed along until the elevator got to the floor I needed to be on. After I got out, people, families, and couples buzzed around me continuing with their day. I spotted the furniture store across from the interior design store, which was convenient. I stepped into the furniture store before I noticed the many many designs I could choose for the house. For my bedroom, I picked a bed with different shades of grey and a dark brown night stand to go with it.

 

For the guest rooms, I picked out a simple white and black beds and black night stands.

 

I picked out a slick black couch with a nice chair to go with it.

And the dining table set would be a light shade of grey.

I didn't pick out new furniture for my office for it would make all my luck go away. I mean besides it's rude, Henry hyung made the furniture in there just for me. I paid the cashier after reading her the orders and made my way over to the interior design. I decided that I would keep all the floor plans the same but I would change the color of the walls. For my bedroom, to go with the bed, I would paint the walls light grey and add flowers in a darker shade of grey.

I knew it looks kind of girly but I think it looks good. For all the guest rooms, I went with a winter theme because of the white. The background or the main color would be a light blue with white snow flakes and a tree painted on top.

The living room would be repainted dark red to go with the black couches.

The dining room wood be kept the same for it was already painted grey. I paid for the paint cans before the leaving to get some food. I sat down after getting a burger and began to devour it. I wiped my mouth with a napkin once I finished the burger and noticed a text from Jeonghan.

The Guy Who Looks Like  A Girl: The book printing went well. You can expect it to start selling tomorrow. You're okay now right?

The Kid Who Isn't Human: Thanks. I'm fine now. I'm at the mall buying stuff to redecorate. TBH can you be a dear and make your fantastic brownies? ; )

The Guy Who Looks Like A Girl: Sure : )

I grabbed my stuff and walked towards the elevator.

"OMG! You're Kim V! I'm a big fan! I couldn't meet you at the fan meeting because of school. Can I get your autograph?" A girl most likely in her late teens asked me. I nodded before she pulled out a pen and paper.

"Can I ask your name?"

"Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung." I nodded as I wrote my little letter.

Dear Chaeyoung-ah,
You're in your late teens, right? If so you should be in high school.
Promise me something would you. Promise me you'll go to college and get a
nice job. But if your dream is to be an idol or something; so for it. There
is no borders when it comes to dreams.
You just have to chase after them until you get them.
Enough of my nagging now. Thank you for supporting me.
I'll tell you a secret, I have a secret fan meeting at Han River next week
on Monday at 3:34 p.m. I hope you can come. ; )
-Kim V

She jumped up and down as she read the letter. She gave me a hug before leaving. I rode the elevator humming to which ever song played on the speakers. We reached the garage in only a couple of seconds before every one went their own way. As I got into the car, a beep came from my phone.

Shorty: (image of a ultrasound) Your future child. Hopefully it doesn't look like you or else it'll be a ugly bastard. JK. Your boyfriend's crying. Don't worry, we're here for him. (picture of Yoogi and Jimin hugging a crying Jungkook)

Mental Freak: What ever you say. But when are going to give me a nephew/ niece. Everyone else is pregnant!


 

 

Lyric Of The Day:

"Today, I think, why am I the 
   only one who's suffering like this?"

   -- Be Alright, B2ST

 

 

 

 

(A/N)

Hello everyone. You have reach the end of this chapter. Do you guys like the new poster? Also (this is not relevant at all) I now have a Twitter account. It's called, kp0p_addict. So follow me if you want. DM me for a poster of your choice . Do what ever you want. You guys should know I I like taking your opinion on things but this time I can not. I think you guys really misread the original plot. The original plot is fluff and no angst, which is my best friend when it comes to writing. So this time I can not do what you guys want by rewriting this to the original plot. I'm sorry. But trust me it'll all end well. (Guys I've been writing too much. I accidently wrote instead of trust. My mind. Kekeke) I wanted Jin to have to have the twins early but I found out a fetus at the age of 13-14 weeks has a chance of 1 out of 10 of surviving so a fetus born at 11 weeks won't survive so I had to throw that thought away. Now what will happen to the twins, will they die or live? Oh the phone contact names. Jjang! I learned too much about pregnancies because of all the research I need to do. My mom looked through my phone history and thought I was pregnant. She asked me, "Is this child the child of your boyfriend...the Chinese one...Yixing?" Oh lord. This is what I get for calling Lay my husband. I blab too much until next time. Bye

(not proof read)