Decisions are Hard to Make

Save Me Save Me~
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ah. Um. I don't even know if there is a way to apologize for not updating this story for almost 2 years. It's just my computer broke and I loss access to the document and I gave up, but then my sister fixed my laptop and now I've graduated from Cornell so I have free time again. So I'm sorry for being gone for so long but I am fully back now and will regularly update this fanfic and complete it! And will also update my oneshot series too. It's been too long everyone, I've missed all of my readers. Thank you for waiting for me and again sorry for taking so long ^^ 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jaebum and Youngjae had already joined the room while Jackson was recording creating an awkward atmosphere that no one broke in the room till Jackson came out yelling that the foreign members had to go. Mark was eternally grateful for that moment because even though he was sitting on the couch comfortably holding hands with Jinyoung again. Jaebum was on the other side of Jinyoung boring holes into them while Youngjae had headphones in with his puffy eyes closed leaning against the wall.

Mark and Jinyoung really felt bad for the younger but at that moment, neither of the two were close enough to him to go comfort him.

Yugyeum on the other hand was fine playing some silent game with Bambam even though he still looked hurt every time he looked up at the couple on the couch. Yugyeum knew he shouldn’t feel this way but he couldn’t stop his heart from feeling like there were a thousand needles pricking him at the same time. He knew his hyung said it would take time, but he felt like it would take forever before he could get used to seeing his crush with his beloved hyung. He couldn’t help the stabbing feeling of betrayal that came over him. He knew Bambam was trying to distract him but at the moment, it wasn’t working as well as it should have been.

As Jackson, Mark and Bambam gathered their things to leave, they looked fearfully at the Korean members left. There was too much tension in the air but they couldn’t really do anything about it.

When Jinyoung kissed Mark’s cheek goodbye causing the elder to blush and return the cheek kiss, Jaebum’s chin was stuck out and a vein was standing out of his neck. Yugyeum could only glance away and Youngjae hadn’t opened his eyes since he sat back and leaned against the wall blasting angst music in his ears.

“I’ll see you back at the dorm at around 8:30 ish okay?” Mark told Jinyoung while running his hands through Jinyoung’s hair to fix some stray strands and smiled at him sheepishly. He was still shy around the other members and this was his first time having a relationship so vague yet still so public.

“I’ll be waiting.” Jinyoung said and leaned into Mark’s caress with a dazed smile and look in his eye which completely bewitched Mark from just how beautiful the man in front of him truly was.

“We will be waiting too.” Jaebum interrupted scoffing. “We’re having the meeting promptly at 8:45pm so come home before then,” he started by staring at Mark causing him to drop his hand from Jinyoung’s face, but then shifted his gaze to Jackson who casually had his arm swung over his boyfriend’s shoulder.

“Yea, yea hyung. We won’t be late.” Bambam broke the weird air “Come on Mark hyung, we’re already late.”

“Mmn,” he responded with a last glance at Jinyoung then a small apologetic smile at Yugyeum and Jaebum then left with the other two.

The producer didn’t really care for all of the drama and said as soon as the door closes “If you’re throat is feeling better Jinyoung, can you come back in? You’re the only one not done yet.”

Jinyoung’s eyes widened and then he nodded with a smile and went into the booth leaving the other three in various places in the room. He was glad he didn’t have to awkwardly sit next to Jaebum for the time left recording since he knew that they were all supposed to be done at 5 together but he knew because of him they might run until 6.

As Jinyoung entered the recording booth and was talking with the producer, Yugyeum glanced at the other two in the room and instead of trying to talk to Jaebum who seemed intent on watching Jinyoung in the recording booth, or to Youngjae who probably still didn’t know people left the room at all because his music could be heard from the other side of the room where Yugyeum was leaning against the wall, he went over to their manager hyung to make casual conversation.

When Youngjae finally detected the silence in the room because his ipod died, he opened his eyes to the one sight he hated.

Jaebum ogling Jinyoung.

Youngjae glanced over to Jinyoung in the recording booth and he felt his jealously bloom. He couldn’t understand Jackson telling him that Jinyoung was jealous of him when Jinyoung was so perfect.

He was always so composed, his smile is bright but not overwhelming, the way his ears turned pink at the producer’s compliments every time like it was the first time he heard it when it was probably told to him over a thousand times by the vocal trainers and coaches. And he was handsome. Like in the boy next-door-way that was kind but yet still alluring. He was humble, and sweet, and wasn’t a boyfriend stealing jealousy over run person like Youngjae. Heck if he wasn’t in love with Jaebum he could easily see how someone could fall for Jinyoung over time.

I guess now that Youngjae thought about it was that his hyung’s only flaw was that he was hard to read so it seems like he is always keeping secrets. Even when he met Jinyoung, his eyes were hard even though his face was gentle. It was like a barrier that couldn’t be broken and honestly, he has never seen anyone else truly break that barrier except Jaebum and at the times Jinyoung was weak, Jackson.

Youngjae glanced back to Jaebum. Maybe that is what Jaebum was talking about when he said that no one could understand Jinyoung like he can. They were both people with hard interiors but found it easier to be comfortable with each other when they took their walls down and that kind of intimate friendship is hard to find. Looking at Jaebum now, now that he heard everything from Jaebum and Jackson, he feels almost comforted but still uncomfortable at their relationship.

Jaebum who felt Youngjae’s gaze on him switched from looking at Jinyoung to Youngjae and then smiled sweetly at him causing Youngjae’s heart to squeeze. Why did he have to fall in love with someone who was taken?

Before Jaebum could say anything, he promptly closed his eyes again and leaned against the wall. This time he didn’t have music to block out his surroundings but instead took the time to enjoy his hyung’s vocals. Maybe in another life under different circumstances they could have been close. They could have happily gone to vocal lessons together. He could get the same hyung treatment from Jinyoung as he gave to the 97 liners. But for now, Youngjae settled on his current predicament. He doesn’t regret loving Jaebum and as much as he hated how the situation is, he knew it would get better over time. And at that thought, he let out a peaceful smile and reopened his eyes to Jinyoung out of the studio ruffling the maknae’s hair while messing with him.

When Jinyoung met his eyes he smiled a small smile, but at least it was genuine so he couldn’t help but smile back.

 

“Alright guys. We have wrapped up recording for the full mini debut album!” their manager declared causing almost lifeless applause since it was just the 4 of them.

“Good work today, and let’s head back to the dorm and wait for the others. Even though we ended an hour late, we still have a good 2 hours till the other kids come back to the dorm. So, you guys can do whatever till then, as long as all of your inner problems are sorted out soon. You can’t debut with bad teamwork and I will hold the leader responsible if I do not see you guys behaving well around each other. If I do, I will report it to JYP and you guys could possibly have a delay or say goodbye to this debut. Do you understand what I'm trying to say Jaebum-ah?”

“Yes, manager hyung.” He responded firmly though Jinyoung could see that he felt a lot of pressure on him and seemed nervous.

Once they were all leaving the room Jinyoung fell back from walking with Yugyeum to go next to Jaebum and rested a gentle hand on his shoulder. “Hey, don’t get so stressed over it. We’re a team, we can get through this.”

Jaebum released a breath he didn’t even know he was holding and relaxed under Jinyoung’s touch. “Thanks Nyeong.”

“Anytime Jae.” Jinyoung smiled at him although falteringly. The nickname came easily out of his mouth as an immediate response to the old nickname Jaebum had for him and he almost beat himself up over it if he didn’t see that it helped Jaebum feel better but still in turn removed his hand from the elder’s shoulder. Maybe he didn’t have to fully distance himself from the other to keep his friendship with the elder.

“So…” Jaebum trailed off trying to make conversation.

“So?”

“Did you like your room? I tried to make it like how it used to be and I got the kids to help.” Jaebum glanced at Jinyoung nervously.

“Mmn, its perfect. But you also know we’re moving soon, there wasn’t really a point in that Jae.”

“I wanted you to feel welcomed.”

“Hmm, you know you didn’t say it.”

“What?”

“Welcome back.” Jinyoung teased trying to lighten the air.

Jaebum just scoffed and smiled. “There’s no need for me to say it.”

“Oh really then? Well I guess I’m going to the person who actually appreciates having me back.” Jinyoung said while taking larger steps to catch up to the maknae.

He didn’t get very far though since Jaebum caught up to him and wrapped him in a small headlock. “What do you mean someone who appreciates having you back?”

Jinyoung laughed at finally seeing a playful Jaebum since a long time then pretend choked. “Let go hyung. I can barely breathe.”

“You liar you have so much space!” Jaebum exclaimed.

Jinyoung took the opportunity to twist out of his hold then stick out his tongue at Jaebum walking backwards to mock him.

Jaebum just laughed and shook his head. “Welcome back Jinyoung-ah”

“Too late now.” Jinyoung said with a laugh then went back up to the maknae and interlocked arms with him. The latter being surprised at the action but accepted it anyways because he missed his hyung’s skinship.

Jaebum on the other hand just smiled to himself. Jinyoung was being just as playful as he was before they started dating and in a way, it comforted him. It’s been a while since he has seen that Jinyoung.

Youngjae just pretended his ipod still had battery and gazed at the walls of the hallway instead of the couple’s interaction. He was starting to dread Jaebum’s final decision. What if in the end he didn’t choose him after all. Glancing at the backs of the 3 of them, he came to a decision.

 

 

It was around 6:20 when they arrived back to the dorm and the entirety of the ride had been silent.

Youngjae was pretending to nap, Jaebum kept glancing back at Jinyoung who was quietly staring out the window deep in thought and Yugyeum was just on his phone alternating between watching dance videos and messaging his friend. When their manager announced that they arrived, they all quickly left the suffocating air and went into the dorm where at least a half of them were in separated rooms.

Yugyeum as soon as he got in just grabbed a change of clothes and announced that he was leaving for the practice room and their manager had taken Jaebum aside for a talk which he could only assume to be bad. Jinyoung had retired to his room saying he wanted to sort some stuff out and Youngjae who was sitting in the living room decided now was the time and went for it.

 

Jinyoung was sorting through his closet trying to find clothes to change into for a shower when he heard a few knocks on his door.

“Come in??” he questioned highly confused at who could be coming to see him and turned to face the door.

“Y-youngjae?” Jinyoung stuttered surprised. He didn’t think the younger would ever come to his room. He had always avoided his room like the plague when he was here before.

“Can I come in?” Youngjae asked through the small opening he had made.

Jinyoung chuckled albeit a bit awkwardly “Well I did say to come in earlier.”

Please log in to read the full chapter