Date?

Save Me Save Me~
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was around late lunch time and Yugyeum and Mark were still talking excitedly about the thrill of bungee jumping and wanting to do it again or even something more dangerous like skydiving while they were walking to the hamburger place.

 

“Omg Yugyeum, best memories in Korea MADE!” Mark exclaimed.

 

“I’m glad you had fun hyung!”

 

“I can’t believe we didn’t talk before!”

 

“Well I’ve always been waiting for you to notice me.”

 

At this Mark sent a guilty smile his way, “Sorry, I guess I was a bit caught up.”

 

“It’s okay today made up for it.” The younger said cheerfully.

 

“I hope there are more days for me to make it up” Mark said with a friendly wink.

 

Yugyeum blushed at his words and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck. This time Mark noticed it for what it was and was confused.

 

“Haha, do I make you flustered Gyeum ah? I may be pretty but I’m not a girl.” Mark said jokingly

 

“You don’t have to be…” Yugyeum responded under his breath.

 

“I what?”

 

“I said….it doesn’t matter now hyung, we’re here!” Yugyeum said redirecting the conversation. He wasn’t sure how he’d come out to his hyung much less confess.

 

“Oh really?” Mark said momentarily losing track of the conversation at the Korean adaptation of an In and Out’s called Out and In’s.  “Woah no way, this can’t be what I think it is.”

 

“It is!” Yugyeum said resting his head on the smaller’s shoulder from the back, “I heard In and Out’s are really popular in LA, and I found this place, I hope it’s okay in comparison.”

 

Mark pulled away feeling a bit too intimate in that position but smiled brightly at the younger so as to not make it seem bad, and started walking to the door.

 

“Well, we won’t find out unless we go in right?”

 

Yugyeum took a second to recover then smiled back at his hyung. “Right…”

 

Mark held the door for the younger as they went in and Mark was smiling more than he had since he talked to Jinyoung for the first time. The restaurant was made to look just like an In and Outs from the outside and the menu was also very similar but with some Korean dishes and side dishes but apart from that, this was one of the closest things to home, he was almost brought to tears.

 

“Yah, hyung, are you ok?” Yugyeum asked concerned after seeing Mark’s wet eyes.

 

“Yea, yea give me a minute, I want to take a picture of this.” Mark said pulling his phone out of his pocket and turning it on.

 

“Sure, if you don’t mind, can I go ahead and get us a table.”

 

“Mhmm,” Mark responded with his attention on his phone so Yugyeum went ahead of him to talk to the clerk there who ushered them to a seat by the window.

 

Mark was opening his camera and was snapping a couple pictures of the restaurant when all of his notifications started flooding in. A couple messages from Jackson, he’d read later. A few from Jaebum he rolled his eyes at and ignored. A few tags on facebook and Instagram and twitter. Then he saw 4 messages and 2 missed calls from Jinyoung and his eyes widened in shock.

 

“Hyung, the waiter is waiting for our order.” Yugyeum said distracting him. When he looked up he realized that the menus were already placed in front of him and Yugyeum looked like he was waiting for him to say his order alongside the pretty waiter who was pink in face staring at him.

 

Mark immediately recited what he always got at the restaurant waiting for a nod from the waiter to make sure it still existed here as well and when she left, he went back to his phone and immediately opened Jinyoung’s messages.

 

I had some exciting news to tell you! But you didn’t pick up…

You’re not mad at me are you?

I hope I didn’t do anything wrong…

Mark?...are you ignoring me? :(

 

Mark slammed his head into the table repeatedly calling himself dumb completely forgetting that Yugyeum was in front of him wondering what was going on.

 

“AHH, I’M SUCH AN IDIOT!” he yelled out in English causing everyone to turn to look at him and Yugyeum to finally put his hand between his hyung’s head and the table to stop him.

 

“What happened hyung? What’s going on?” He asked concerned still holding his hyung’s head which was leaning on his hand which was separating his head from the table.

 

Mark slowly coming to his senses, remembered his location but that still didn’t stop the dread from leaving his system.

 

He raised his head slowly, composing himself. “Ah yea, I turned off my phone earlier and I just missed a really important call and I feel really bad for it.” He said pouting a lot which Yugyeum almost started cooing over if he wasn’t so concerned.

 

“Who was it from?”

 

“Jee…my mom. My mom called me.” Mark stopped himself and lied. Glancing back at his phone and reading the other messages.

 

Annoying Jackson: Yah, Jinyoung is worried and jealous, call him back.

How could you put the giant baby before him anyways?

 

Dork-face Jaebum: I need to talk to you when we get back.

Where you stand with Jinyoung, I’ll find out.

 

 “You can go outside and call her back if you want.” Yugyeum suggested with a small smile. “It will take a while for our food to come either way.”

 

“Thanks Yugyeum, sorry! I’ll be right back okay?” Mark said and practically made a dash for the door while his fingers already pressed the call button.

 

Mark was bouncing on his heels while the phone rang on and on and on.

 

Please don’t be mad at me. Please pick up.

 

It went to voicemail.

 

No way, he cant be upset at me too.

 

Mark called again. And again and again. And then on the last one close to the last ring a deep scratchy voice answered the phone. “H-hello?”

 

“Jinyoung? Jinyoung I’m so sorry I didn’t pick up earlier! I turned off my phone because we…well there’s no real good reason for that but I didn’t mean to ignore your call. I’m not upset at you, please don’t be upset at me! I would have picked up on the first ring if I knew it was you calling you know that right? I-“

 

“Hyung, calm down” Jinyoung’s voice interrupted him chucking.

 

Mark took a deep breath then realized he was slightly overreacting like an insecure girlfriend.

 

He could hear sheets rustling and he realized that he must have woken Jinyoung up from a nap and he suddenly felt even more apologetic.

 

“Omg, Jinyoung did I wake you up? I’m sorry. You need your rest to recover anyways right? Am I bothering you?”

 

“Haha hyung calm down, I was just taking a nap. I feel more refreshed since I woke up to your voice anyways.” And Mark could hear the smirk in the youngers voice and couldn’t help blushing in response. “I’

Please log in to read the full chapter