Chapter 2

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After getting over the shock of the stranger with mint hair looking into my eyes, I did all my chores. I called my mom and told her everything that happened. She was excited when I told her about how I made new friends, I think she almost cried, but got worried when I mentioned Sulli’s boyfriend looking into my eyes. After I finished telling her about my day, we said goodbye and hung up. My next course of action was to take a bath. When I finished bathing, I got into my pajamas and settled into my bed and watched videos until I started to get sleepy.

I was lying in bed, about to fall asleep when a loud noise startled me. I realized it was coming from the apartment next door.

Aish, these people have no respect for anybody. If they continue to make noise, I’ll show them whose sleep they’re messing with…

I decided to try to sleep again, and hoped they would stop whatever they were doing. For about ten minutes, it stopped. Everything was silent, and peaceful. I started to close my eyes once again, the quietness lulling me back to sleep.

I was falling asleep when another loud noise following with laughter woke me.

I ignored it again, and covered my head with my pillow, groaning during the whole process. But my neighbors didn’t stop. They kept making noise. I don’t know how much time has passed but I just laid there, staring into nothing, while hearing various laughter.

Looking over at my alarm clock, it was now 2:33 a.m., and the laughter continued. But this time, my neighbors decided to play loud hip hop music.

Okay, that’s it! I thought to myself as I pulled the covers off me. They messed with my sleep, and that is the most evil thing someone could do to me.

I made my way outside my apartment and went to my next door neighbor. I angrily knocked on the door, silently fuming.

I made sure that my eyes were covered by my bangs, and balled my fists. After five seconds, my anger instantly went away, and I regretted knocking; I wanted to go back to my room. I turned and took a step back, ready to leave, when the door opened.

I stopped in my tracks, and slowly turned with my head hung low.

“Can I help you?” A low, husky voice asked me.

“Uh, you…neighbor…it’s loud… I c-can’t sleep,” I said, while looking at the person’s feet. He was wearing a pair of black combat boots.

“Come again?”

“It’s loud. Can you be a bit quieter? I can’t sleep, and I’m right next door… Please,” I said.

“Sure.” He said, then went inside his room and closed the door.

Well, that was a bit rude. But then again, I was too. I think.

Whatever.

I then turned around and took three steps forward when the door opened again.

I stopped in fear and hung my head low to keep away from the light that escaped my neighbor’s room.

Suddenly, I was enveloped in warmth. I looked up and saw the build of my next door neighbor wrapping a gray blanket around me.

“It’s cold.” He said while patting my head twice. He then went inside with a “Goodnight,” leaving me there flustered and confused.

Why did he do that? I live right next door… it’s not like I had to trek back in the snow or anything. I literally lived next door...

I didn’t know what to think. I somehow made my way to my apartment room, and climbed in bed. The next thing I did was unwrapped the blanket and folded it. I placed it on my night stand, and then laid down.

The first thing I noticed was the silence, and with that thought in my head, I fell into a peaceful slumber.

 

 

I woke up to my alarm clock. I looked over, and saw it was 6:40 a.m. I decided to leave my bed (I almost cried), and get ready for school. I took a warm shower and got into my uniform, forgetting everything about the events of last night.

After deciding everything was in order, I quickly ate breakfast and made my way out my apartment. I hung my head low and walked down the stairs. I was about halfway there when a voice from behind stopped me.  

“Oh, you’re the girl from yesterday.”

I debated if I should continue walking down the stairs or turn around and make conversation.

I decided to turn around and make conversation since my mother taught me manners.

 I nodded, and looked at my shoes. I decided to look at him from underneath my bangs since I didn’t get a good look yesterday.

My neighbor was taller than me by a couple of inches, and was wearing a white t-shirt with black pants and a snapback hat. He had blond hair with good facial features. He also appeared to be around my age.

We stood there in silence.

Ah, think _____. You got this.

“Ah, thank you for the b-blanket. I’ll wash it then return it to you as soon as possible

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter