Chapter 15

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I did not expect everybody to raise their hand, so I did the next thing that popped into my mind.

“Since you all have a question, we will go by the order of how you are seated, which means, Hoseok will go first.” I said, looking at my right.

“I guess I’ll go first then,” Hoseok stated. “How did you and your mother know to trust the priest?”

I shrugged. “With everything that has been going on, he knew about things we never told anyone else. So that proved this validities. Is that all?”

Hoseok hesitantly nodded, then I turned to Jimin.

“Why do you have this ‘gift’? Is it hereditary? For example, and this is just hypothetical question, but let’s say we have children,” he said this part blushing (the guys’ eyes narrowed slightly by his words went unnoticed by me),”will they also have that ability?”

“To be honest, I don’t really know. I’ll make sure to ask the priest again when I see him.” I said, snapping my fingers then pointed at Jungkook. “If you don’t have any more questions… shoot, Jungkook.”

He looked a bit startled being in the spotlight, but he quickly got his act together.

“Um, okay, is there a way to stop making a guy fall for you? What about wearing sun glasses or is it futile? Also, if you made eye contact with a guy in a mirror or the reflection of a puddle, will the same still happen?”

I closed my eyes momentarily, vividly remembering the hope I had received when I thought making eye contact through reflections didn’t affect the opposite .

I sighed. “Yeah, it still works. It’ll just slow down the time they confess. But they will still confess,” I said with a small sad smile.

A moment of silence passed between us.

“A-Anyways, Jin, what are your questions?”

I saw Jin avoid eye contact with me, and I felt my heart crack.

“This is about the night that you got sick.” I cocked my head to the side to think about said night. I couldn’t really remember much, but I knew that was the day we bonded and all of the guys stayed over at my place. And that was when Jin said he would be my knight…

 “You were sleeping, and mentioned something about being a queen and that we were your knights…”

The other guys voiced their comments on remembering.

Wait, I did? How come I don’t remember this?

“So, what are you trying to say?” I asked, feeling a tad bit defensive.

“When did you knew we were those seven knights? Because it seemed like you knew about this before.” He said, in an accusatory tone (I missed the pinch of betrayal that was also surrounding his words).

I heard the underlying accusation, and it stung. I had to blink a couple of times to get rid of the oncoming tears.

“Don’t you think you’re being a bit harsh? We all know what you meant when you asked that question. Are you accusing her of lying?” I heard Yoongi come to my rescue.

“I’m not accusing her of anything.” He replied, looking at me before removing his gaze. I still saw the guilt in his eyes, and I wanted to cry even more. Soon, the rest of the guys started to talk and it became an argument. Their voices were loud and it started to hurt my ears.

I heard some of them defend me, ask questions, and doubt. The prickling sensation behind my eyes became more prominent, and I knew I was going to cry.

But I didn’t let one single tear drop; I was tired of crying. Crying like a baby was not going to fix anything. With my heart officially broken, I called out to them.

“Guys?” I asked, getting all of their attention and stopping their argument or conversation. “Do y’all even believe me about my eyes?”

Silence wrapped around me like a cold blanket, giving me no comfort whatsoever. With the quietness, I received my answer.

“_____..” I heard Namjoon say.

“I was barely told a while ago, the thing about you guys being the seven knights with the priest.” I said, directed towards Jin, interrupting whatever Namjoon had to say.  “Hence, why I left my mom and the hospital room.”

 I released a long sigh and avoided eye contact with each of the guys. What was the point? They didn’t believe me. And who knew if they would believe anything I would said.

“My curse is real, I’ve experienced things you all probably haven’t because of it. It made my life a living Hell, and I had thoughts of ending it all, but then I couldn’t leave my mother all alone. I am the only family she’s got. I felt sorry for her, of all the things she had to deal with, she had to deal with a daughter whose eyes were cursed.”

I clasped my hands together, the feeling of wanting to cry had evaporated, and instead a feeling of hollowness took its place. “I thought we were all friends. I thought you were all immune to my eyes, to be honest,” I said with a humorless laugh, “and thought I could actually have people I could rely on and have fun with. Do you know what was the first thing I asked when I found out that you seven were the cure to my eyes and I had to pick one? I was worried that I was taking away your will to love someone else, your real true love. I’ve been told you all will eventually fall for me, or already have, but if that would happen, would it be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter