Chapter 3

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I didn’t know how long we sat there, but it was very comforting. After much thinking, I slowly pulled myself away from his embrace and stood up, with him following close behind.

“U-Um, thank you…I’m sorry, I-I never got your name?” I told him with a hoarse voice.

“My name is Kim Namjoon, but everyone calls me Rap Monster,” my neighbor said.

“Oh, well, nice to m-meet you. I appreciate what you did, but I have to go inside now,” I said, bowing, hoping he wouldn’t see my blush.

I can’t believe he saw me cry. Aish, so embarrassing! If only… Ah, I can’t believe I almost forgot… Sulli must hate me. Why did Minho have to look into my eyes?

With that thought in mind, depression settled into me once again. I guess it was noticeable on my face because Namjoon’s expression instantly changed.

“If something’s going on, I’ll be here. And I’ll listen to whatever you have to say.” I heard him say.

“T-Thank you.” I said with my head low. I then proceeded to unlock my door (it actually unlocked easily since my hands were now steady), and went inside. Once inside, I locked my door, and I went straight to my bed. I got under the covers and pulled them over my head. As I laid there, memories of my past came across my mind. Tears started to pool once more.

I’m tired of crying. I should be stronger than this. It’s not the first time. Be strong.

And with that, the tears that were threatening to fall halted.

This happened before, and I can go through it again. At least I’ll know what will happen.

I don’t know how long I just laid there with my eyes closed. After a while I decided to open my eyes and pull back the covers from my head. I grabbed my phone, and called my mom.

“_____, the school called, and said you didn’t report to your after lunch classes? What happened? Where did you go? Are you okay? _____?”

“Ah, mom, one at a time,” I told her, trying to calm her down.

I hope my voice doesn’t sound like I’ve been crying.

“Mom, ah, my stomach started hurting so that’s why I left school. No biggie. I took some medicine, and I feel better. I’ll make sure not to do that again.”

“_____, why is your voice hoarse? Have you been crying? What really happened?”

Why can my mother read me so well? She can’t even see me!

“Ah, no, nothing happened. My stomach just really hurt. But I feel better. Like I said, I took some medicine, and I feel fine.”

There was a slight awkward pause.

“Why does it feel like you’re lying, _____? Nobody looked into your eyes, right? ”

Panic started bubbling up inside me, but I forced myself to calm down. “I’m not lying, mom. I’m just super tired. And now I think I should sleep.”

“But it’s only 6:40 p.m. Ah, I knew I should have come with you. Just wait, once I make enough money, I’ll come and stay.”

Hearing the worry in my mom’s voice made me hesitant. But I didn’t want her to worry.

I can handle myself.

“Mom, you don’t have to. And don’t worry about me, I’m doing fine.” I tried my hardest to sound convincing.

“…Okay, but if anything happens, tell me immediately. We don’t want a repeat of what happened…you know. I care for you, and I want you to be happy. And because of what you have you can’t. But—”

“Mom, again, you’re blaming yourself. It was just fate. It was probably written in the stars that I would have whatever I have. Don’t worry about it; I’ll be okay.”

“Okay, I’ll call you tomorrow, okay? Take care of yourself, and stay home if the stomach pain comes again. I’ll call the school to tell them you’re sick okay? I love you, _____.”

“Love you too, mom,” I hung the phone with a sad smile.

I need a distraction. I hate lying to my mom, but I don’t want her to worry. What to do? What to do?

I looked over to my night stand and see the folded gray blanket. I grabbed it and went to the room where my washing and drying machine were in. After putting it in the washer, and putting the proper necessities, I my TV and watched whatever was on. I stood up once I heard my washer ring, signaling me that it was done. I quickly grabbed the gray blanket and folded it.

Should I go over and give it to him now?

The thought made me blush.

Nah, I shouldn’t.

I sat down, and just stared at the blanket in my arms.

Ah, screw it.

I stood up and made my way out the door. I took ten steps to my left and stopped in front of my neighbor’s door. My face was red and had to force myself to breathe.

What is happening to me? Why am I feeling this way?

I shook my head, trying to clear my head, and knocked on the door.

I looked down at my shoes, and started to fidget. After a minute or two, the door finally opened.

I raised my head a bit to make sure I get a look of my neighbor, but then froze when a different build appeared.

“What is it?” A voice I didn’t recognize asked me.

“U-Um, is Namjoon h-here?” I timidly asked.

“He’s not here at the moment, he left to go visit Yoongi.”

“Can you give this to N-Namjoon when he comes back? Tell him I-I washed it.” I said holding the blanket towards him, making sure to hang my head low. I really didn’t want him looking into my eyes.

“Oh, sure.” He said while grabbing the blanket from my outstretched arms.

“Who’s at the door?” Another voice called from inside his room.

There’s more people in there? Whatever, not my business. I should leave while he’s distracted. ..And now!

“Ah, just—wait, who are you?” He asked me, stopping me from my tracks of leaving.

I turned towards him and said, “Uh…”

Should I tell him I live next door? What if he’s crazy and tries someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter