Chapter 8

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“_____, you never seem to stop disappointing me. Really, a fight? And over a boy? What has your mother been teaching you?” Was the first thing my grandma said to me once I entered her office.

I frowned and sat in a chair across from her desk.

“I didn’t get into a fight over a boy.” I responded. “Is that what Sulli said?”

“Well, I only know one side of the story since you took so long to come to my office. What were you doing that was keeping you from coming, anyway?”

I wasn’t going to tell her about talking with the guys because I knew that was going to get me more of her scolding.

“She was talking about dad.” I said, not looking at her eyes. I was getting sad just thinking about it again.

My grandmother didn’t say anything for a while. I looked back at her and she had a seldom expression on her face. I raised my eyes to hers and saw them filled with regret and yearning. Then once she saw me looking at her, her eyes grew cold.

“Still, that doesn’t give you any reason to fight.”

I started to grow annoyed. But decided not to say anything. After listening to her senseless words, we’ve came to the conclusion that I would have detention for three days. I questioned her why I should be punished when I didn’t even start the fight; it was basically self-defense.

She told me it was to show the others the consequences of fighting. But what stopped my protest was finding out that Sulli had a week and a half of detention. Also, considering the fact that I couldn’t do anything to change my grandmother’s mind, I decided my efforts would have been in vain.

She let me leave, and gave me a pass to go to my next class. Noticing it didn’t have a time written on there, I decided to make my way to the restroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and noticed the small scratches Sulli left on my face. It caused me to frown, but what could I do about it.

I left the restroom and walked to the infirmary. The nurse wasn’t there and decided to look for any ointment I could put on my face.

The sound of rustling made me turn to the direction of the bed and was surprised when I saw Jin. He was currently lying down with antibacterial ointment in one hand and had gauze pads in the other.

“You’re finally here, _____! I was waiting forever.” I heard him say while watching him standing up. He made his way towards me and pulled me by my hand to sit on the bed. “Now, let’s go get those scratches taken care of.”

He gently wiped at the scratches that were deep enough to draw blood (which caused me to flinch), and then applied the ointment after.

I stayed there, looking at my hands that were currently clasped together. I froze once I felt Jin lift the bangs out of my face, but didn’t raise my head, too scared that I would accidentally meet his eyes.

“Okay, you’re all done. I wanted to make sure you didn’t have another scratch on your forehead, but you didn’t.” Jin said letting my bangs fall back to my eyes. He patted my head, then grabbed a chair from the nurse’s office and sat across from me.

“I would appreciate it if you didn’t get into more fights. And I get it, I didn’t see what happened or what caused you to get violent.”

Why should you care? Who are you to tell me what to do?

“And I know what you must be thinking, ‘Why is he telling me this? Who does he think he is?’”

I looked a bit alarmed. Did he just read my mind?

“No, I don’t read minds, but it’s pretty clear by your face expressions.”

Oh. Makes Sense.

“I’m only saying this because I don’t want you to get hurt or scolded. So if you’re having problems, don’t hesitate to come to me or one of the guys. You seem like a really nice girl, I would hate it if something happened to you.” He said while patting my shoulder. And with that he left the infirmary, leaving me to my thoughts.

When I left the infirmary, the class I had with Yoongi was over. So I went to my other classes and discovered I had at least someone I met in every single one of them. It made me happy, but that also meant I had to avoid more eye contact, and that would have been a bit more burdensome.

So this is who I had in my class. The first class I had was English, and I didn’t have anybody in there (except for Sulli, but she’s not important). Then after that, it’s lunch. After lunch, I had math class with Yoongi. Next, I had P.E. with Jimin, and the class after, I had J-Hope for science. Lastly, I had a mixed class that included a freshman class, and had Jungkook in that class.

Jungkook and I made our way outside the school. I learned that Jungkook might look serious and a bit aloof, but in reality, he was just a shy dork who’s really funny once he gets comfortable with you. He avoids eye contact with me, and that makes things easier for me which makes him to be pleasant around with.

We were walking side by side, when standing just by the gates were the other guys. Jungkook immediately left my side and started to cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter