Chapter 6

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was behind Namjoon’s roommate, wishing and praying he wouldn’t turn around and see me. It was taking a while, and saw him struggling finding his wallet. It lasted about ten minutes when he finally slouched his shoulders and told the cashier, “I-I lost my wallet.”

The cashier started to close his eyes and started taking deep slow breaths. I couldn’t handle it anymore so I grabbed my wallet out of my bag and tapped Namjoon’s roommate on his shoulder.

He looked at me, or the top of my head since I was keeping my head low, and gave me a questioning look before recognition flashed across his features.

“You’re the girl who gave us water!” He said while pointing at me.

I ignored him, and told the cashier that I would pay for his groceries. The cashier gave me a grateful look, now that he didn’t have to put up Namjoon’s roommate’s groceries.

I looked up at Namjoon’s roommate through my bangs, trying my best to quickly take a look at his expression since I could feel him staring at me.

Once I took a quick look, I saw that he had a look of gratitude and awe. I quickly averted my eyes, praying he didn’t see them.

After the cashier bagged Namjoon’s roommate’s groceries, I slid my card and that was that. It was now my turn.

 I didn’t see where he went, and just assumed he left. That thought put me at ease. It took a while getting my groceries together, but after a while, I paid for my things (I had to keep my head extra low this time because I saw the cashier try to get a better look at my face) and my things. I was about to leave, when the cashier stopped me and gave me his number.

I reacted like I always did when I received numbers, and told thank you with a questioning tone and left the store.

Another number to add to the number jar. I thought to myself while picturing the jar that was halfway full with boy’s numbers. I didn’t want to be rude and throw them out, but at the same time, I wasn’t going to actually call them.

I stuck the number in my pocket, and rearranged the groceries in my hand. I looked at the sky and it seemed as it was about to rain. I could even see a bit of drizzle, and knew I had to go quickly.

I was about to leave, when Namjoon’s roommate caught me in surprise.

“Thanks for paying for me. I’ll pay you back once we reach our apartments!” His cheerful voice made way to my ears.

 “I-It’s not necessary,” I tried to tell him, but he wouldn’t have any of it.

“It sure is! Er, I don’t know your name. I know Rap Monster  has mentioned it, but it just escaped my head,” he laughed sheepishly.

I didn’t know how to act around this guy. He seemed really friendly, but at the same time, he seemed like the type to be touchy. And I really didn’t like those types. Last time I befriended one of those people, they would always lift your bangs out of the way as a form of teasing, causing your eyes to be in their line of sight. And then, boom, I get a confession from them a couple of days later.

So I did what I do under pressure: I stuttered.

“M-My n-name is _____.”

“_____? …_____? Was that the name Rap Mon mentioned? Or was it another name?” He asked himself while cocking his head to the side.

I felt my heart sting at the thought of Namjoon mentioning some other girl’s name but ignored it. I really needed to get over whatever I was feeling with Namjoon. It feels like I would jeopardize something if I kept thinking of him like that.

“Well i-it was nice meeting you.” I said, trying to leave.

He stopped me by grabbing my arm. “You didn’t even ask for my name.” He said with a slight pout.

I looked down at his arm, and shook it off gently. “W-What’s your name?”

“It’s Taehyung! But my friends call me V! You can call me that too if you want.”

My head was becoming a bit muddled with this new development. I shook my head, and gave him a slight bow, taking my leave once again.

“Why don’t we walk together? We live on the same floor anyways.”

It made sense, and I didn’t want to hurt his feelings by refusing him. But I also didn’t want to make any new “friends” or “acquaintances” or whatever we would be.

I just shrugged my shoulders and let him take the lead. He gave me the same boxy smile he gave me before when I paid for his things and led the way.

We were walking side by side, and it had started to drizzle a bit more heavily. I couldn’t do anything to stop the rain from hitting me, since I had my hands full with my bags of groceries, but Taehyung tried to shelter my head with his hand.

The action caused me to look at him weirdly, but I accepted it anyways and gave him a small “thanks.”

 We started walking in silence in the beginning, but once he broke the ice, he was doing most of the talking.

I swear this boy can talk forever. I haven’t even said anything and he just keeps chattering away. I guess he’s a friendly extrovert.

I kept nodding, and he seemed pretty satisfied.

We made it all the way to the stairs, and we stopped in front of our doors.

“Well, nice meeting you…V.” I said deciding to call him by his nickname, happy that we would have to part.

“Nice meeting you too, _____! Hey, you should come over later!”

W-What?

“It would be great! Wait, Namjoon’s going to be at Suga’s place but it’ll be fine with just the three of us.” Taehyung told me with excitement laced in every word.

The three of us? Who’s the other person? Who’s Suga?

I guess my question was written on my face because the next thing I knew, Taehyung was explaining me who the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter