Chapter 9

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up the next day, and got ready for school. After changing into my uniform and making sure my bangs covered my eyes, I headed out of my apartment.

After locking the door, I turned around and was met with Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jin waiting for me. I was so startled, that I dropped my keys. I put a hand on my chest to try to calm my beating heart.

I heard chuckles coming from the guys, and I had to force myself not to roll my eyes.

I was about to reprimand them for scaring me, but then my mother’s words came back to me.

‘Promise ____, you will keep your distance.’

Having that thought come to my head, I just silently watched Taehyung pick up my keys. My eyes followed his movements, as he grabbed them then opened my hand with his and placed my keys on top of it.

“Let’s go! The other guys are waiting downstairs for us,” Taehyung said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“I’m sorry, but I need to go first.” I muttered, gently removing Taehyung’s arm from me.

I made my way down the stairs, and started a slight jog, not giving any attention to Yoongi and the rest of the guys on the first floor.

After making sure I was far gone, I slowed my pace to a walk and breathed in the air of loneliness.

Walking all the way to school’s gate, I put in my school ID into the slot and made my way to class. I ignored Sulli’s glare and was glad she couldn’t do anything because that lady threatened to call her parents (apparently Sulli was terrified of getting in trouble with her parents).

I wasn’t even glad once I saw her black eye, but felt lethargic instead. I didn’t want to be here, and ignore the boys. It was going to be so awkward, and lonely.

When Ms. Choi was done lecturing, she gave us time for self-study, which I actually did study. I read over the material that I have ignored since everything started.

My mind started to go off in another direction when I remembered the time I hung out with Jin and Taehyung. The video games and food was amazing and fun. Then seeing Namjoon at the end; those were some good times.

I thought about it and felt a bit sad knowing it won’t ever happen again, and that probably would be the last time I would actually have any male friends.

I could always make female friends…But nobody wants to approach me after the incident with Sulli. I think I got blacklisted.

I sighed, and tried to get my mind to turn blank. Nevertheless, my thoughts brought me back to Taehyung for some reason, then to Jin, and lastly to Namjoon.

Why are they on my mind? It feels like I’m forgetting something…

I ignored my suspicions and focused on my math homework that was due later today.

I should have done this before. I need to stop procrastinating. This was never a problem when I was home schooled.

Once the bell rang, I got my things and made my way out of the class. I was walking towards the library when a figure stopped me before I got the chance to take five steps.

It was Namjoon, accompanied with Yoongi.

“_____! We were wondering if you wanted to come sit with us?” Namjoon asked, showing his pearly white teeth in a smile.

I looked beneath my bangs and looked at him and Yoongi. He was just nodding his head, and noticed he had his hands interlaced behind his head.

I tried my best to be polite and declined.

“No, thank you. I’m not hungry today,” I said, noise coming from my stomach soon following causing the two boys to give me a question look.

I tried to ignore the look of rejection that flashed quickly in Namjoon’s face and quickly bowed then turned to the direction of the library, not seeing the way Yoongi was looking at me.

I was at the library, looking at my backpack with disdain. I had completely forgot to pack a lunch today, and my stomach was growling quite loudly.

I ran a hand through my hair and blew out a breath of frustration.

I just wanted to pull my hair out for forgetting but decided against it. I didn’t need more rumors about me being mentally unstable and become more of a social pariah. I looked around and internally praised myself for picking a secluded area in the very back where nobody was currently at.

I decided to lay my head down on the table I was sitting on and closed my eyes.

I didn’t want to sleep but soon the beauty of the darkness and unconscious took a hold on me.

The vibration of my phone woke me up, but I didn’t mind. It felt like I have slept for hours. I groggily wiped the sleep from my eyes, and took my phone out of my pocket. I stared at the screen, blinking and not registering the reality that I have actually slept for hours; which meant that I have skipped class.

I didn’t even notice the missed call I got from my mom and focused on jamming all my things into my backpack. After everything was in place, I looked at the time on my phone and felt frustrated that there was only ten minutes remaining for my last class.

Deciding going to class just for ten minutes wouldn’t be worth it, I grabbed my things and made my way to the school gates and left the building.

Why am I sleeping so often? And I wonder why nobody says anything when I just leave. Oh wait, I forgot. Rich people don’t really care about education.

That was the difference between me and most of the students in the school. I am actually trying to gain an education and take advantage of that lady’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter