Chapter 16

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to Jimin slightly shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and looked around. It seems everyone was getting off the plane, and I had to mentally slap myself to wake up.

I stood up, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the airplane into the airport.

After grabbing my luggage, I made my way to my apartment. I left the boys, and the memories we made in the hospital behind.

Walking up the stairs to my apartment room, I unlocked the room and brought my belongings inside. After putting everything back to where they belong, I took a long and rested shower then prepared food to eat.

When I was done eating, I sat on my couch and called my mom. After we talked and she informed me what was going on, I hung the call and decided to watch a movie.

Once it was over, I finally did the one thing I was putting off. I grabbed my phone and punched in that lady’s number.

After the fifth ring, I was about to end the call when at the last minute, she answered.

“Hello?”

I breathed in slowly and softly exhaled.

“Grandma?”  I said.

There was a slight pause.

“_____? You’re finally calling? What’s going to be your excuse? You’ve been missing school far longer than the time I gave you off. This is how you repay me for being nice?”

I try my best to keep my comments to myself, but fail nonetheless.

“Okay, but if you were nice, you would have understand why I took longer. My mother was in a coma.” I shot back.

“Yes, she was, and I’m sorry that happened,” I heard her say into the phone, “but why stay longer if she was still going to be into a coma later?”

I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

“You know what? I just called to let you know that I’m going back to school tomorrow. Bye.”

And without letting her say anything, I ended the call.

I stood up and started to pace back and forth, trying to control the frustration that was building up inside of me.

How dare she say that? Doesn’t she know that was being insensitive and that my mother means the whole world to me? What’s wrong with her? How come she’s my father’s mother and my grandmother? Blood relatives, man.

After calming down, I looked at the time. It was now late so I decided to get my uniform ready for tomorrow since it would be my first time going to school in about three weeks.

What could I expect?

Sulli wasn’t going to be my main problem (or at least, I hope she wasn’t), but now it’s going to be even awkward for me seeing the guys in my class.

Sigh, my life is so complicated, what did I do to deserve this?

Laying my uniform on the chair, I turned off the light, grabbed Sushi and pulled the covers from my bed before wrapping them around us.

Soon, sleep welcomed me once again.

I opened my eyes and woke up to darkness. Getting up, I wiped the sleep from my eyes and headed for the bathroom. After doing my business and brushing my teeth, I changed clothes and did my hair, carefully placing my bangs to cover my eyes.

Once I was done eating breakfast, I grabbed my backpack that was recently forgotten and made my way outside my room. Heading outside, I locked my door and went down the stairs, not bothering to see if any of the guys were there.

To my luck, none of them were there. I was happy but at the same time I was really disappointed. Releasing a breath, I made my way to school.

The walk to school was peaceful once I put my earphones in and blasted the world away with my music. Soon, I made it to the school’s gate and slid my ID in the appropriated slot.

Once it got approved, I walked in and went to my classroom. I opened the door and everybody’s eyes turned towards me. I tried not to let the uneasiness show on my face, and made my way to my desk, ignoring the whispers that arouse with my presence.

Placing my backpack on the floor, I sat down and waited for Ms. Choi to see what we were going to learn today.

I could feel Sulli glaring at me hard, and I sighed. Doesn’t this girl have anything else to do besides stare?

“Today, we’ll go over argumentative and persuasive speeches. And I want you all to write down some of the literacy devices that you see inscribed into these speeches.” I heard her say, and soon we begun on one of the most boring PowerPoint to be told. And this went on for the rest of the class period.

“Don’t forget your homework!” Ms. Choi yelled once the bell rung.

I stayed behind while the whole class exited the room. I picked up my things and went up to Ms. Choi.

“Um, Ms. Choi? I was wondering if I could pick up all of the missing assignments I missed while I was gone?”

“Oh, sure, but you missed three weeks’ worth of assignments, and I know this isn’t your only class. Will you be okay?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter