Chapter 5

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you want?” I asked her, getting tired of the similarities from my past that seem to occur every day.

I will not make this like my past, but I will not stand to get bullied either. I had enough of that in middle school.

“Oh, looks like Ms. Innocent seems to have an attitude.” Sulli said mockingly, then stood a foot away from me. “I knew you were just putting an act. Why? To entrance boys and steal them?”

I sighed and said, “Sulli, you were there when I-I rejected Minho. I never saw him outside of school or anywhere else. I didn’t do anything!”

“Lies! Minho and I talked about our future before you came along. We were serious and happy! Then you transferred and all of a sudden he’s into you? Do you think I’m stupid?” She yelled at me.

At this moment, yes. Yes I do.

“So what do you want me to do about it? I can’t transfer, and we have a class together. Can’t we just get over this?” I asked, pleading with her through my bang-covered eyes.

“Just like that? When you just took the love of my life away from me? You’re pretty stupid, aren’t you?” She replied looking at me as if I just said the most idiotic thing ever. “Girls, hold her down.”

Suddenly, Amber and Victoria took hold of both of my arms. I tried my hard and struggled to get out of their grip, but then Luna and Krystal started to help in caging me in.

“W-What are you going to do?” I asked frightened.

“Ah, what do you think?” Sulli said, rummaging into her backpack. It took her a while, but then proceeded to take out a giant pair of scissors, causing me to still and think incoherent thoughts.

“Um, Sulli what are you going to do with those?” I heard Victoria ask.

“You said we were only going to scare her! This is going overboard.” Amber said.

“C’mon, guys, I’m only going to give her a new haircut. I don’t see no harm in that. Besides, aren’t you all my friends? She,” Sulli said pointing at me with the scissors, causing me to gulp and my breathing to speed up a bit, “caused me pain, are you all fine with that?”

“Yeah, she caused you pain, not us. We’re not friends with her anymore, that should have been enough,” Krystal said, letting her arms slip from me.

“And another thing, cutting another person’s hair can get you into a lot of trouble, and I can’t let you make us accomplices for something we never agreed on.” Amber said, now releasing me from her grip. Following her, Luna also freed her hold on me.

“Sulli, it’s fine. Get over it. You’ll find love again. Minho isn’t the only guy on this planet. You’ll find love again.” Victoria said, trying to bring some sense into Sulli.

Yes! Listen to your friends! Wow, what a difference from Ji-eun’s friends…

I rubbed at my freed hands and took a look at Sulli’s expression.

Her face was red from anger, and she looked as if she just got betrayed once again. It almost made me pity her. Almost.

“You are really going to take her side?!” She yelled while flapping her arms around.

We all seemed to stare at her worriedly. I mean, she still had the scissors and was waving at them quite alarmingly.

“Sulli, we aren’t on her side. And we aren’t on yours either. We’re just really uncomfortable with the situation that you put us in. And we’re tired of it, so if you won’t get over it and move on… I think I speak for everyone when I say we can’t hang out anymore. And I’m not just saying it because _____ is involved, this happened so many times already,” said Victoria, getting approving and sad nods from the rest of the girls.

I look towards the door, wishing that Sulli wasn’t blocking my only exit. I had no choice but to stand there and watch things play out.

I looked back at Sulli who had tears flowing down her pink rosy cheeks. “Fine! I guess we’re not friends anymore. I hope you all rot in hell,” she said before stuffing the scissors in her backpack and headed to the door.

She stopped and looked at me and said, “First Minho, and now them. Are you happy now?” Then she left the restroom.

I stood there with shock.

What do you mean ‘Am I happy now?’ The heck did I do?! I didn’t do anything…

I stood awkwardly with my and Sulli’s former friends. The silence was slowly suffocating me, and I desperately wanted someone to break it.

“What she said is true. We’re not on her side or yours. We’ll leave you alone, and I hope you’ll reciprocate that.” Krystal said, breaking the dreadful silence.

I lowered my eyes and nodded. I watched as each and every one of them left the restroom, leaving me alone.

And just like that again, I was friendless.

The thought instantly made me sad, but I felt a bit better knowing that Krystal and the rest of the girls will stop bothering me.

All I need is for Sulli to stop, then I could continue on with my life of solitude.

I left the restroom soon after and headed to class. The amazing part was that I wasn’t late, but the bad thing was sitting next to Sulli. All she did was glare at me throughout the whole time.

Tomorrow, I’ll ask to move my desk somewhere else. But what if moving is a sign of weakness? I’ll think about this some more.

After class was over, I grabbed my things and went out the door and was met with Namjoon. “_____!”

“Namjoon, what a-are you doing here?” I asked, and looked at his white shoes, and noticed one of them was untied.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter