Chapter 17

Queen of Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat in the once familiar sofa, not surprised in the slightest that the room was filled with the other guys. I stayed seated, and looked down at my nails, wondering if they were short or long enough. It was already really awkward since no one was saying anything, and I just wanted to go home.

“_____,” Yoongi said, breaking the silence. I looked up at him, slightly, and made sure that he, or anybody else, couldn’t look at me directly in the eyes. “Jin has something he would like to say.”

I turned to Jin who stood up to switch places with Hoseok who was sitting on my left. “______, I didn’t mean to offend you when I asked you if you knew about the whole knight-cure thing…I just felt sad and a bit betrayed because I thought you really wanted us as friends but it turned out that we were supposed to be your cure. I felt like you only needed us for that, and that we were used. But I, we, do believe you, and then I thought about how it must’ve felt for you, and I felt a thousand times worse. I just wanted to say I’m sorry, and I hope you will forgive me.”

I looked up from my hands on my lap, and gazed up at Jin. I stared into his eyes and saw how genuine he was, and I also noticed how he spoke with sincerity.

I so badly wanted to forgive him, but I knew that if I told him I accepted his apology, it wouldn’t be sincere and I would still feel uncomfortable.

What should I do?

“I’ll forgive you,” I saw him breathe out a sigh of relief and smiled, “but I’ll find it hard to trust you again and might not tell you things anymore.”

His smile slowly faded. “Okay, I’ll respect your choice.”

“Thank you.” I stood up. “And if that’s it, I should go home.”

“We’re not done, _____.” Namjoon said.

I sat back down.

“We know that things won’t go back to how it used to, but we all want you to know that we’re all here for you and about the cure, we could figure it out together when the time comes.”

I nodded my head, trying to repress the warmth that was starting to spread inside my chest. I stood up again, and made my way to the door. I placed my hand on the doorknob, and paused. I had to force myself not to turn and look back, but I stayed determined and turned the doorknob, allowing me access to leave.

Once I stepped out of the room, I quickly closed the door. I leaned back until my back was touching the wooden door and slid back into a squat. I ran a hand through my hair and then decided to place my head on my knees.

What am I doing with my life? How did it come to this? Why me? Why am I always having a pity party by myself? I mean, it’s my party and I can cry if I want to, right? Okay, enough with references, I have to leave now before anyone sees—

Suddenly, the door opens from behind me and I lose balance, falling behind me with a high pitched squeal.

I looked back and see Jungkook looking at me with a surprised and confused look that soon turned into worry.

“______, are you okay?!” He said, bending down to help me back up.

“I’m fine,” I said, trying to stand back upright without him helping me, but what I didn’t know was that Jungkook was really strong. He basically picked me up and all I could do was look at him in wonder. Once I was situated, we just looked at each other for a few seconds.

Then I spoke.

“Well, I’m going to go now.” I said, pointing at my door.

“Okay, take care, _____. See you soon?”

I absentmindedly nodded my head, and walked towards my apartment, tripping along the way. I turned back once I heard a slight chuckle and narrowed my eyes at Jungkook, then ce again and entered my room.

I locked the door, and was about to lean on it as well, but I learned my lesson and went back to my bedroom where I flopped down on the bed. I turned until I was lying on my back and stared at the ceili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter