Gentleman

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

I was there at 9:58. 2 minutes early because I didn't want to risk my dorm getting flooded.

At 10pm sharp a man in a black tuxedo tapped on my shoulder gently.

"This way, miss." He said, bowing as he extended his arm in the direction I was supposed to go.

He led me into the lift and hit the 'control center' floor button.

"Excuse me. Why are we going to the control room?" I tried to ask as politely as I could.

"You'll see." He replied simply.

The lift door opened and I carefully walked out. The guy behind me hit a couple of buttons and the curtains were drawn to reveal full glass pane windows.  

There, standing against the backdrop of the horizon, was the majestic silhouette of Woo Ji Ho.

"You're here." He commented, turning around to face me.

"How did you get into the control room?" I asked, staring at all the buttons and computer screens that surrounded me.

"I own it. I mean my mum owns this place." He answered.

"This place? As in the room?" I asked confusedly.

He smirked, walking towards me and putting his arm on my shoulder.

"No…I mean the whole Namsan Tower. It's under my mum's company. Namsan Group."

He chuckled as I stared in shock.

Doesn't this mean he's a chaebol or something? If Park Bom knew about this, she would have gone crazy.

Regaining my composure, I asked, "What d'you bring me here for?"

He pondered for a while. "A date." He said finally, snapping his fingers coolly. Immediately, two men in suits brought out a table and 2 chairs and placed them beside the glass windows. Two chefs followed to bring out a tray of food that made my mouth water.

A date? I thought. Why would he bring me on a date? And since when did I agree to this?

Zico pulled out my chair and offered the seat to me. I nodded my head shyly in thanks, and with a look of bewilderment, sat down before Zico.

"You're the first girl I've ever done this for." He murmured. I was about to feel touched, until he added, "Be honored."

I gave him a face before tucking into the food, which was extremely delicious.

"Wow, you have no shame." He said as I forked the whole potato and stuffed it into my mouth.

"What??"

"Eating so messily in front of a guy." He continued.

"Whatever." I replied. It was the first time I had tasted such nice food, I wasn't going to restrain myself just because he was watching.

"You're cute." He chuckled, wiping the sauce on my lips off with his thumb. I ignored this comment because I had no idea what to reply.

 

~~~

"D'you like stars?" He suddenly said, pointing out the window at the little dots in the sky. It reminded me of the first time we had met 3 years ago, under the same pitch-back night sky, except that this time we were on the highest floor of Namsan Tower.

"Yeah." I said truthfully. Ever since my dad had passed on, I would look at the stars every time I missed him. It gave me a sense of reassurance when I was depressed, and a sense of hope for the future. It was no different tonight, as I gazed at the stars through the glass, a sense of nostalgia washed over me, and I felt tears trickling down my cheek. 

"What's wrong?" Zico asked, concerned.

"Nothing…I'm just…" I couldn’t express how I felt, because I didn't understand myself either. It was just that I missed my father and I was looking at the stars with Jiho now instead of him… "It’s just that you're the first person other than my dad and my mum to ever make me feel this way." I said.

There was a silence. Then:

"You know, you've nothing to worry about." He said abruptly yet gently, enclosing me in a back hug. "You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I like you."