The Beginning

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

 

I knocked on the dorm door furiously. I was stuck outside and it was nearing 10pm. I had left my keys at Jiyong's house, and Zico refused to open the door for me.

"Open Sesameee!!!" I cried, almost the hundredth time. I heard a chuckle that resonated from the room, which infuriated me even more.

"Be patient~" Came the teasing voice from inside.

All of a sudden, a pair of hands seized my wrists tightly and the next moment I was blindfolded. I struggled with all my might but it was to no avail.   

~5 minutes later~

The blindfold was taken off and I slowly opened my eyes to a standing figure of CL.

"Sit." She barked.

I immediately complied, as my heart palpitated wildly. A million thoughts ran through my head as I noticed my hands shaking wildly.

"What is it?" I asked timidly.

"So… your parents own the Club at Somerset? The one JiHo always goes to?" She started, with an extremely annoying authoritative voice.

Bewildered, I replied. "Yes."

"Well then…since you own the place, I want you to spike his drink. Tomorrow night. And bring him to me."

Was I hearing correctly? Why would I agree to such a thing??

"No!" I blurted. "Why would I?"

CL smirked. "Zenn, bring that bat here." She signaled to the wooden bat in the corner, and then turned back to me.

"Hit her." She ordered.

An excruciating pain shot up my arm as the bat came in contact with it. I screamed in pain, only for them to be muffled by the masking tape. I could almost hear my bones cracking as Zenn held the bat up and took another swing.

"Stop." CL commanded. I looked up desperately. "Let me go." I pleaded.

"Not until you agree to spike the drink."

I opened my mouth to speak, but I closed it again. 

"No." I said defiantly. I glared at CL with the scariest face I could muster. I wasn't going to betray anyone, even if that someone was my enemy. 

She was silent for a few seconds. "Well then, it's your choice." CL shrugged, motioning to Zenn to continue. I squeezed my eyes shut, steadying myself for the next blow.

Just at that moment, the door swung wide open. And standing there was none other than Mr Enemy - Zico. 

"Zico!" I almost screamed through the masking tape. I was desperate for anyone to get me out. CL and her gang looked up in shock at the looming figure of Zico, whose brows were furrowed in the most menacing way.

"Zic...o…" CL stuttered. "What are you doing here?"

"Let her go." He snarled, raising his fist and swinging it across Zenn's face. Zenn fell to the ground, clutching her nose bridge which looked broken.

In an instant he was dragging me by my hand to our room.

Slamming the door behind him, he pinned me to the wall roughly. 

"I heard you from outside. What were you even trying to do? Stop trying to be so noble and just save your own ." He growled.

"Is that my fault again now?" I shouted back. 

"What?" He hissed.

 His eyes bore intently into mine, with still that fiery glint from before, as he leant closer and closer towards me. I felt my heart racing faster than it ever had. "I guess the body suffers if the brain doesn't work well." He whispered. I felt his fingers softly caressing my earlobe, and the next thing I knew his lips had crashed onto mine. I closed my eyes as I felt his fingers intertwine with my own, his warm breath lingering deep in my throat.  

I pulled away suddenly, causing Zico to stumble back, as his eyes widened.

"Zico…Stop." I mumbled. It was all too sudden, and I didn't even know what I was doing. He stared at me blankly for a moment.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, as he pulled up my sleeve to reveal the red bat marks.

"I'm okay." I lied.

"No you're not." He said, standing up to bring the first aid kit over.

"I always get you hurt, and then end up saving you again." He muttered, as he dabbed my wounds softly with a cotton bud. I felt a smile form on my lips.