Bad influence

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

Of all people, why did my fate have to lie with Woo Ji Ho?

The moment the lab partners were announced, I felt my sanity leaving me slowly. Seriously??

"You again?" Zico said as he walked over to me.

"Is that my fault?" I replied indignantly.

"Aren't you enjoying this too much?" Zico asked. I glanced around as murderous glares from jealous girls all around met my gaze. Zico smirked. "But I must say you're better than this whole lot." 

Wha…? What did he just say?

I thought I felt my heart flutter for a second. What's wrong with me?

I shook the thought off.

~"Please assign a scribe and someone to clean the chemicals within every pair!" Ms Chun's piercing voice echoed around the classroom.

"I'll be scribe." Zico said immediately before I even had a chance to open my mouth. That left me as the 'cleaner', which Zico had termed.

~~

Concentrated Sodium Hydroxide…Lithium Metal…and that a**hole had to mix them together. And what resulted was an extremely loud noise that made me scream and him laugh at me, and an explosion of chemicals onto my school uniform.

"AHH!" I shrieked as I looked down at my uniform, which was soaked in the resultant product of the reaction.

"Oops." Zico said, almost gleefully, throwing a cloth towards me. "Looks like cleaner has to do her job."

I wanted to punch him and stab him with a knife and kick his so he couldn't make babies, and I was so infuriated I just stood rooted to the spot as everyone left the lab for break time.

 

I sighed in resignation as I began wiping the stains off my uniform. "Heyyy Cleaner." Zico appeared from the back door and greeted me with a smile on his face, which could otherwise be interpreted as a jeer. I looked around for a knife, and spotted it on the teacher's table. The only thing that was stopping me now was the fact that I subconsciously acknowledged that I would never beat him in a fight even with a knife, and also the fact that I didn’t want to go to jail and waste my life on murdering him.

To my surprise, Zico walked towards me in a sudden swift motion, making me jump in surprise. "Don't come close." I warned, extremely suspicious of Zico's intentions, and you couldn’t blame me since he had spent the last month playing tricks on me, including what just happened seconds ago.

"Rejecting my help now, are you?" He said, raising his eyebrows inquisitively.

Help…? Wait did he just say H-E-L-P? Did he eat something wrong for breakfast?? As much as I didn't want his help, my stomach was growling involuntarily and I couldn't wait to go for break.

"Ok. It's your fault anyway." I said reluctantly.

He picked up a cloth and started wiping my sleeve, which had already oxidized into an extremely ugly shade of brown. "Sorry." He suddenly said. 

I looked up, shocked for the second time today. He chuckled as he pulled me closer. "I said I'm sorry." He repeated.

"Yeah, ok." I said confusedly, averting his gaze. He was acting really weird today. 

"Hey. The next lesson's English, d'you want to skip it?" He said suddenly.

"Uh...I--" Zico covered my mouth with his hand before I had a chance to speak.

And before I knew it he was grabbing my wrist and pulling me along until we reached outside of the school gates.

"What are you doing?" I gasped as his grip on me loosened.

"Choose: Club or movie."

A club? We're underage! "Movie movie movie." I said frantically, I wasn't about to go to a club and get arrested or something. He grinned triumphantly, as he dragged me towards the movie theatre.

~ 10 minutes later ~

"Your ticket." He held it out for me to take. I snatched it away and took a quick glance at the movie he had chosen. I had been irate with him an hour ago but now I was starting to appreciate him for getting me out of English class. Peter pan.

"Peter Pan? That's for little kids." I said, shaking my head.

He shrugged. "There's Thomas the Train too, if you want to switch."

I rolled my eyes. "What sort of lousy cinema is this?"

Zico bought drinks and popcorn and we sat side-by-side, although I was very reluctant about it. And the movie was just as boring as its name sounded; halfway through I was drifting off to sleep.

 

Zico's POV

How can she sleep when the world's hottest guy is next to her? I gazed at her innocent face as she slept; she looked so blissful. Subconsciously, I positioned her head on my shoulders and gave her the lightest peck on the cheek. She was so different from other girls, so much more annoying, but somehow I felt more comfortable beside her.