Boarding School

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

I pulled the key out from the door lock and pushed the door open wide. What greeted me made my jaw drop. The whitewashed walls adorned with little cute fairy lights, complimented by the pristine tables dotted with colorful notepads, it would definitely be a respite from my school life. I wheeled my luggage in happily, effervescent that the boarding school was much cooler than I had expected. A coffee machine? I fiddled with the buttons on the machine as a series of 'wow's escaped my lips.

Just then the door swung open. I swiveled around only to see Zico walking into my room with a lollipop in his mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I pointed my finger at him. Why's he here? Don’t tell me he's my roommate…

The sides of Zico's lips twitched. "My room." He said simply, before stalking towards the bed on the other side of the room, throwing his socks on the floor, and knocking over the coffee machine as he stumbled on the beanbag on the floor.

"Can you at least keep the place clean???" I cried.

That marked the start of the animosity between Zico and I.

~~

"Yah! Can you stop blasting your music? Is that even considered music?" I started. Exams were in two days and this guy wasn't even studying, and instead being a nuisance as usual.

"Are you even doing anything useful yourself?" He countered.

"Yeah…I'm trying to study here! But your music is so disruptive!" I blurted.

He snorted. "That's why you're still on the same page as an hour ago right."

I rolled my eyes and looked back at the book on my table. What he said wasn't exactly wrong either. I couldn’t even understand what the textbook was saying. Slamming the book close, I turned around to glare at him.

"Fine. But are you that smart either?" I said.

"No, but at least I don't get 497th place out of 500 students." He said sarcastically, as he pulled out his result place from last term, which read 12th place.

Why is such an annoying guy so hot and smart?? Life is so unfair.. I sighed in resignation as he smirked at me.

 

The New Guy

Shin Hye's POV

 

"Ding dong." I opened the door and there stood Jiyong, grinning from ear to ear as he held up a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey, ex." He said cutely, handing me the flowers.

"Woah! When did you come to Korea!" I exclaimed. Jiyong was my ex but we had broke up on good terms because of his busy schedules and we were still close friends.

"Who's that at the door." Zico sauntered out from the toilet, rubbing his eyes tiredly as he stifled a yawn. He glanced at Jiyong and immediately smirked. "Cute hair." He commented sarcastically.

"Can you be more polite. He's my friend." I whispered urgently to Zico. The last thing I wanted was for them to argue just because Zico was being an annoying id**t.

"Chill sister." Zico said smugly, as he feigned bowing to welcome Jiyong into the room.

"Come in!" I signaled to Jiyong, who quickly removed his sneakers and stepped in.

"How's your roommate?' Jiyong asked as he eyed Zico, who had seemed to leave a bad impression on Jiyong.

"Uh…he's nice." I replied. I didn't want Jiyong to worry about me when he just reached Korea.

Suddenly Jiyong averted his gaze. "Shin Hye, I've been wanting to tell you…"

"What is it?" I piped. "You can tell me anything."

"I got a new girlfriend."

I felt my smile disappear. What? A girlfriend?

"Wh-o?" I stuttered, pretending to look unconcerned.

"I met her last year. She's the daughter of my CEO, Dione Lim."

"Oh." It was all I could muster.