Invitation

High School Love On

 

Shin Hye's POV

 

My phone buzzed and I picked it up to check the message from Jiyong.

Let's meet tomorrow. I want to introduce you to my girlfriend. (:

It was always my girlfriend this, my girlfriend that. Not like he was so nice to me when I was with him. I'd like to see who she is that he gives her so much attention.

Yeah Sure ^^ I texted back, pretending to show some interest, but in truth I was glaring at the Hello Kitty stuff toy on Zico's bed.

~

"Zico! I'm meeting Jiyong today!" I called as I exited the room. "Make your own lunch."

"Meeting him again??"

"Have a problem?"

"No… but I'm going along."

"What?"

"Are you deaf? I've nothing to do so I'm going along!"

"No!"

 

And that's how Zico tagged along to the amusement park, with me stopping every 5 seconds to turn back and glare at him.

 

"Hey!" Someone tapped on my shoulder as I arrived. I swiveled around and saw a girl who looked my age. Her chestnut-brown hair flowed in waves to adorn her porcelain-like skin, and her eyes, framed by long lashes, gleamed brightly even under the sunlight. She smiled sweetly at me. "Hi, I'm Dione, Jiyong's girlfriend." She said gently. "He's in the washroom now, so we have to wait."

What…in the world…how can someone be so gorgeous…

I felt Zico nudge me in the ribs as I stared blankly at Dione.

Regaining my senses, I quickly replied, smiling bitterly at Dione.

~ Jiyong came out from the washroom, straightening his belt as he walked over. "Oh! That's your roommate, isn’t he?" He pointed at Zico, who was looking extremely uncomfortable next to Dione.

Out of the blue, Zico pulled me close to him. "Roommates? That’s not cool, dude. We're more than that obviously." He said smugly.

Not just roommates?? What the pong is he talking about…

Instinctively I pushed him away. "Dream on." I snapped. I wasn't going to fall into any trap that he had planned.

"Come on." Jiyong urged, as we trudged towards 'Hollywood The dream'. I gulped as I stared at the twists and turns and the OMG is that a frigging loop?

Soon we boarded the rollercoaster. Dione scrunched up her face, and I could tell that she was just as afraid as me. She leaned dependently on Jiyong's shoulder, and I had to resist an urge to push her off the rollercoaster (blame it on my jealousy).

Meanwhile the person next to me was –

What in the world is he doing?

He was opening a chocolate bar five seconds before the rollercoaster started moving.

"You want some?" He offered, and before waiting for my reply, stuffed a whole chunk into my mouth.

"Argh…whet air you dooin you j*rk." I barely managed to say, as the rumbles of the motor signaled the start of the ride.

"AHHHHH!" I screamed as the carriage dropped what felt like 10000m down. I could almost feel my organs getting thrown around in my body as I turned upside down.

Zico was laughing so hard at me; I felt my face burn the most embarrassing shade of sanguine.

Stop screaming Shin Hye!!! Don't embarrass yourself in front of this dude!!! If only Jiyong was next to me now… it would be so much bett--

And then suddenly I felt his fingers intertwine with mine, his other hand around my shoulders as he hugged me close. A tingling sensation coursed through my body, and as surprised as I was by his sudden gesture, I subconsciously hid my face in his chest as the roller coaster did another 360-degree somersault.