Fear and Cowardice

High School Love On

"Did you know Park Kyung got a new girlfriend?" Park Bom asked. I had to give it to her for being so informed of every thing little that went on in school.

"Who?" I asked indifferently.

"She's called Yan Lyn or something. She's like a nicer version of CL."

I snorted. How could someone be nice and be like CL at the same time? 'Nice' and 'CL' totally weren't synonymous.

"Whatever." I shrugged. 

I turned away and saw Zico hiding behind a pillar from the corner of my eye. He was watching me secretively.

"See you later." I told Park Bom, as I walked towards the column Zico was standing at. He came out from his hiding spot, ruffling his hair.

"What were you doing there dude?" I asked as he put his arm around me.

"Spying on you." He answered, smiling.

"That's creepy." I responded, and he chuckled politely. 

"Are we officially going out then?" He asked abruptly.

I stopped in my tracks, taken aback. Things were going too fast for me to register. On one hand I really wanted to say yes, but on the other the warning was pestering me and I was about to lose my mind. 

"Uh." I started, before noticing that CL was on the level above, looking down at us. She could hear my answer, and she would only let me go if I said no. 

I didn't know what to do, and I panicked. I didn't know what she would do to me if I agreed to it. Rumour has it that she was the cause of the paralysis of one girl in school and I wasn't ready for that. I wouldn't agree at the expense of my life. 

Cowardice is a trait wherein fear interferes with logical thinking and overrides the true intentions of a person. It is a failure of oneself to recognize her deepest desires in the face of adversity.

And it turned out I was a coward.

"No." I said softly.

He instantly released his grip on my shoulders and took a step back.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Zico deserves someone better than me; someone who's smarter, more affluent, and someone who wouldn't accuse him of just anything. CL is right.

I looked away, and started walking towards Park Bom. I couldn't meet his gaze. 

Just as I trudged off I felt his hands gripping on my wrist, stopping me from making a move. I pulled my wrist to the front, attempting to shake his hand off, but he hung on pleadingly.

All of a sudden he pulled me close to him. I yelped as I fell to the ground, my head hitting the floor head first. Zico was above me, shielding me with his body. All went black, again. 

 

Zico's POV

I was disappointed. I thought after all this time, she would have agreed to my request. What was holding her back? She turned around and walked away. I quickly grabbed her wrist and she stopped in her tracks. She couldn't go like this; I wouldn't allow it.

Just then, I saw a flowerpot dropping from the second story from the hands of CL, and it was headed straight for her head. Without hesitation, I flung my body out and pushed her to the ground. I felt an acute pain on my back as I hunched over in agony. She hit her head against the ground and I collapsed unto her still body.

 

Park Bom's POV

I gasped in shock as the scene unfolded before my very own eyes.

"Are you awake?" I ran towards Shin Hye and shook her urgently, dragging her out from below Zico.

Zico moaned in pain. "Am…bulance. She…blood…" He muttered incoherently. I whipped out my mobile phone and quickly dialed for an ambulance.

Strangely, this reminded me of the situation Shin Hye had described before - Her first encounter with Zico back in 2012, and it gave me a sense of foreboding which I didn't like. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: I will probably take a week to upload one new chapter because I am very very busy at school )): also if you have any ideas for the upcoming chapters feel free to suggest them below and I might take them into consideration while writing (: Thank you v much to those who subscibed to my fanfiction. hope it was worth reading :P 

also if there are any mistakes in my grammar and spelling or errors in the storyline please notify me so I can make changes asap (: AND REMEMBER TO ADD VIEWS TO ZICOS NEW MV thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbf2c0JBJic