Aftermath (Short Chapter)

High School Love On

I opened my eyes slowly and squinted at the person by my side. Park Bom held my hand between hers, rubbing them together fervently.

"You're awake?" She gasped as she saw my eyes widen.  "Thank goodness, for a moment I thought you were dead."

"Why am I here?" I asked confusedly. 

"Don't you remember?" Park Bom was aken aback. "Your head hit the curb and it literally split open. But it would have been worse if Zico hadn't shieled you from the flowerpot."

"Zico? What about him?" I had absolutely no recollection of this incident that had somehow resulted in me waking up in a hospital.

"Do you seriously not know?" Bom said, exasperated. "CL dropped a flowerpot onto your head and Zico blocked it for you, but you still hit your head on the curb." She took in a deep breath. "And also," she stammered, "Zico's in a coma right now. Apparently the impact was pretty large and he probably won't be able to do any intensive physical activity anymore…" She trailed off, sighing. 

I immediately felt a wave of emotions wash over me. No intensive physical activity? Doesn't that mean he can't dance anymore? What about his contract with his entertainment company? 

"Where's Zico?" I asked nervously, my voice trembling. I was so scared of the prospect of him giving up his dream just because of me. 

Bom sighed and brought me to his room.

I stared at Zico, mouth agape; he had tubes connected from his wrists to a dripper, and he was laying so vulnerability on the blood-stained-otherwise-white sheets, he looked so different from the usual badass vibe that he gave off...and I knew that I was responsible for this.

I walked slowly over to his bed, and with every step I took I felt a pang of guilt I knew it was my fault for even daring to love Zico, when CL had warned me time and again; instead Zico had taken the punishment in my place.

I sat down on his bed and took his hand into mine. They were too cold. I feel tears welling up as I stared into his soulless eyes, and I quickly dabbed them away. 

"I love you." I whispered into his ear. It was the only thing that came to mind.

He fidgeted.