A tease

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

 

Maybe he wasn't that bad after all…

I lay in bed, glancing out of the windows at the stars every few minutes. My arm still ached from the beating, but a sense of warmth flooded throughout my entire person, keeping me awake. I pressed my fingers to my lips, tracing the spots where JiHo had kissed me, as the corners of my mouth slid upwards.

"Good night." Came his voice from the other side of the room.

It was the first time I had ever heard him say anything like that. It was so new; I was having a hard time adjusting to it, but it gave me a familiar sense of… could this be love?

~~

"Riiing!" Class just ended. I arranged my books neatly under the desk as I listened to Park Bom drone on about the cool guys at school.

"So, there's this sunbae called Bobby Kim and he's so good-looking omg I want to marry him…" She started, as I nodded my head every 5 seconds to show that I was listening when actually I wasn't. "But he's already taken by, you know that girl called Kang Su Min?" She continued to talk, as I continued to nod in agreement. "So I just cancelled him off my list of potentials…and the next on my list now is Zico. He's so—" "Stop!" I interrupted her before she could start on Zico, or it would probably last an hour. "Take him off your list, dude."

Speaking of the devil, Zico appeared at the back door of my classroom.

"Psst! Spaghettie!" He hissed. (Spaghettie was the nicest nickname Zico could come up with for me (because I loved spaghetti), and it was already better than the others, which included ugly duckling and cow dung)

"Lalalala." I responded, covering my ears and pretending not to have heard him, which turned out to be a pretty big mistake.

"PARK SHIN HYE!!" He almost screamed. Half of the class turned around to stare at me. I felt my face flush. Looking contented, he motioned for me to come out of the room. I followed silently as he led me to a corner.

"Hey Spaghetti – " He started.

I interrupted him. "What's with spaghetti? Hello? Is that the best you can think of?"

He shrugged. "I like eating spaghetti to forgetti my regretti."

I burst out laughing. Why is this guy so random?

"Wow…so funny." I responded saracastically.

He rolled his eyes. "Hey listen. Are you from Kenya?"

Wha..Kenya?? Isn't that some country far far away.

"Cuz Kenya (can ya) meet me tonight?" He ended, looking pleased at his puns.

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I said, making an effort to laugh so he wouldn't feel lame.

His sense of humor had started from the bottom, and somehow it was able to get even lower.

Ignoring my reaction, he continued, "Meet me at Namsan Tower. 10pm. If you're late I swear I will flood our dorm so you can't sleep tonight."

What an immature piece of dung…

As soon as Zico walked away Park Bom came running towards me.

"OMG what did he say! Do you know how lucky you are omg I can't even breath now." She gasped for breath as she ogled Zico's gradually diminishing back view. Although I hated to admit, Zico's broad and muscular frame, together with his well-defined back muscles, definitely warranted attention.

Except from me. I thought.

But I was wrong.

 

~~~~~

Author's Note: Thank you for reading my story, you have successfully read 7 chapters without falling asleep :D It's my first time writing but hope you enjoyed it! I will take a while to update the next few chapters from now on because I'm quite busy with school since the holidays are over D; 많이많이 기대 주세요! 그리고 조금 늦지만 새해 복 많이 받으세요!