The first encounter

High School Love On

Shin Hye's POV

 

It was nearing midnight. I swung my arms freely as I strolled along the dark alley, trying to convince myself that nothing was going to pop out. It had been an uneventful day, after receiving my mid-term results I decided I would stay out and return home after my parents were asleep to avoid a big dressing-down, but I had slept too long on the park bench and now the sky was pitch-black, except for the moon that stood out against the empty backdrop.

 

All of a sudden, I saw a dustbin collapse in front of me. The rubbish spewed across the road and I could see flies that came in and out of view under the uneven rays from the moon. Startled, I looked up instinctively, only to see a tall guy who looked my age picking himself up, almost drunk-like, from the ground, as he started to walk away from the mess he had created.

"Hey!" I shouted. 

He swiveled around and glared at me groggily. "What do you want?"

"Shouldn't you at least clean that up?" I motioned toward the pile of rubbish on the floor.

He rolled his eyes at me, before pushing past me and walking away.

Wow, did he just ignore me? I ran forward and extended my arms to block his path. "Did you not hear me?" I insisted. 

Suddenly his face turned an ominous shade of dark, as he grabbed me by my collar. "Aish, this annoying woman." He said, before throwing me aside. I landed on my side and I felt my head clang against a pipe before everything turned dark.

Zico's POV

It was such a bad day. Everything was going wrong. EVERYTHING. My girlfriend just broke up with me, I just flopped all my exams, and my side was hurting from a punch during a fight hours ago. I strolled along the dark alley thinking about life, when I felt something hard hit my chest. "Ugh." I muttered as I realized I had just hit a dustbin and everything had spilled on the ground. I picked myself up and checked my watch. 11:54. I had 6 minutes left to catch my TV show on psycho killers. Just as I quickened my footsteps, a girl shouted for me to stop. The next moment she was in front of me blocking my path home. What's up with this annoying woman I gritted my teeth, now wasn't the time for this nonsense. I grabbed her and threw her aside. What you get for bothering me. I was about to continue on my way home, when I heard her shriek as she fell head-first onto a broken pipe. I turned around only to see her lying in a pool of blood. She was lighter than expected and I had thrown her with too much strength. Sh*t. I shook her shoulders but there was no response. Exasperated, I whipped out my hand phone and dialed for the ambulance.

 

Shin Hye's POV

 

I opened my eyes to the guy staring down at me. I immediately jolted up and took a quick look around. I could feel my head throbbing as memories of what happened last night came flooding back. I had a million questions in my head, but I started with the first. "Why am I here?" I looked at him accusingly.

"I injured you yesterday accidentally, so I have to pay your stupid hospital bills." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh."

There was an awkward pause for a few seconds, until the nurse came back and told me I could be released.

Immediately the guy stood up, and after taking a short glance at me and dumping a stack of cash on the hospital bed, left me alone in the room.