Chapter seven

Hush.

It was their anniversary in two days and Leo has been brain storming on what to do when the day finally comes. He even looked up on the internet on ideas but none seem to suite his and Krystal’s style. They don’t really like to show off to other people about their relationship. They didn’t really do much about their 100 days of being together; he invited her over for the first time and watched movies after showing his art piece. That was how it became a sort of tradition for the two of them.

            But it was their first anniversary together. It’s been a full year and everything was perfect. Well, for the time being that is. Krystal is now brighter and happier these days with her friends by her side. Even though they were spending less time together, it only made the time they have together more precious. Besides, he was getting busier with his art projects and not having to worry Krystal being alone made him at ease.

            “Boys, hey, are you guys even listening to me?” Leo said in a louder voice, trying to get his friends attention. Hongbin stopped hitting Hyuk and turned to his hyung. He’s been more talkative lately and they have yet to get used to it, not that they mind though, the change was good.

            “What’s so hard about it? Just bring her out to dinner and go watch a movie together. Isn’t that what they do in the movies?” Hyuk said, drinking his cola.

            “Yeah, and if that’s too simple, go make her a candle light dinner or something. With roses and stuff. Isn’t that what all the couples do?” Added Hongbin. N chuckled at their simple minds. Of course they’re too young for this. Leo was thinking the same thing.

            “That’s so typical. We watch movies all the time now. It won’t feel special.” Leo had learned to be more open to his friends. He didn’t know when he started doing so, but when he did, he realized how stupid he was for not doing it earlier.

            “Why don’t you take her to an amusement park? Or the zoo?” Ken suggested but Leo shook his head.

            “We don’t like crowded places.” He told them.

            “What about taking her to a short trip? How about camping like we did?” Ravi was next to tell his opinion. Leo thought about it.

            “I don’t know if she’ll like sleeping outdoors. I want her to be comfortable.” Leo almost sounds like he is whining now. N chuckled at the sight.

            “Gosh, just bring her somewhere near the sea. It doesn’t have to be camping.” Leo perked up at N’s suggestion. N rolled his eyes and continued, “You said she likes the beach, right? Go rent a place near the sea and you guys can go have late night walks or something. I know a place where you can even go star gazing.” At that Leo broke into the biggest grin the boys have seen. He then hugged N, almost choking him with his strength.

            “Hyung? I think you’re choking him.” Ken said laughing with the others. Leo let N go, still smiling. “You’re welcome.” N said with a chuckle. He’s really happy Leo and Krystal met. The two is good for each other, each bringing out something they both have never shown to anybody before. In a way, he’s thankful towards her.

***

            “Yah, Jung Soo Jung! Can you please hurry up? Vic unnie is already waiting for us!” Krystal fastens her pace as she grabs her sling bag and followed Sulli out. She was sleeping over at her place for 3 days now. In fact, she had been sleeping over at each of the girls’ house for a while now.

            “Come on!” Sulli drag her out of the house, going inside the taxi they called beforehand. Sulli had somehow convinced Krystal to come along and watch her photoshoot for Vic unnie’s brand. After pulling some strings here and there, they manage to get a spot on a well-known magazine. Sulli was very excited about it. Krystal was happy for them. But it doesn’t mean that she wants to tag along. Knowing Sulli, the girl might have a plan up her sleeve to get Krystal to model with her.

            “I can’t wait to get my own car next month.” Sulli told her. Krystal rolled her eyes but smiled. Sulli had been going on and on and on about the car her parents have promised her for her upcoming birthday. She wanted nothing else but being able to drive everywhere without having to call a taxi or get a ride from her parents.

            “Where is this photoshoot happening again?” Krystal asks as she tried to make her hair more presentable.

            “It’s not too far from here. We’re nearing it already.” Sulli told her.

            Indeed they reached the building after about 20 minutes. Sulli and Krystal entered a big room where a lot of people were bustling about. It was exactly how people imagine how a photoshoot takes place, but seeing it right in front of you is a very different feeling. Krystal felt Sulli’s hand grip her tighter and knew that she was getting nervous now. She would feel the same, everything just seems so…professional.

            “Girls! You’re here. Sulli, this is Mr Li Weon Kee, he’ll be doing your hair and makeup.” Both Sulli and Krystal bowed at him as Sulli gave him a polite smile.

            “Is she the only one? Why is the other friend not doing it too? Both of them has clear skin and are really pretty.” Sulli nudges Krystal at the compliment, almost begging her without really saying it. Krystal looked at Victoria for help immediately. Victoria pulled Sulli away from her with a smile while Sulli pouted.

            “That’s our friend, Krystal. She’s just here to support us. She’s not really into modelling.” Victoria tells him.

            “What a pity. You have some really pretty friends Victoria-ssi. Even you can model with your type of body.” Mr. Li said again as he and Sulli head to the hairdresser.

            “Are you really not going to try it out?” Victoria tried again but Krystal shook her head.

            “Okay, if you’re not going to model, would you want to pick the clothes for me? There’s a lot that I think are okay but I don’t know which one should be in the magazine.” Krystal lit up at this and followed Victoria to where all the clothes are being kept.

            “Wow, unnie did you really design all these?” Krystal was awed by all the beautiful clothes and accessories. Victoria smiled, glad that she likes them.

            “Are you just going to stand there or actually help me pick them?” Krystal quickly put her bag down and starts to go around the room to inspect all the clothes.

            As Sulli was doing her hair and makeup, Krystal helped Victoria pick all the clothes that Sulli was going to wear. Krystal suddenly has the sudden urge to want to wear them too. Everything was just so pretty, Sulli is so lucky to be able to wear all of them.          

            “Do you want to try them?” Victoria asks as she has been observing Krystal.

            “Huh?” Krystal said, finally looking away from a piece that she has been looking at for a while. Victoria smiled, she was so obvious. She picked the clothes for Krystal and shoves her inside the changing room.

            “Come out when you’re ready.” Victoria tells her. Krystal came out after a few minutes but Victoria was nowhere to be seen.

            “Unnie?” Krystal called out, she was scared being here all alone so she grab her bag and timidly went outside the small room.

            “Oh, Krystal, over here! This is Mr. Park Jung-Oh, our photographer for today. There was something we were about to discuss. You look really pretty dear.” Victoria smiled at her. Krystal kind of wanted to agree, she likes the style very much. Simple and comfortable but somehow very eye catching and stylish at the same time.

            “Is this her? I thought it was the tall brown haired-girl earlier. Sulli, right?” Mr. Park looked at Victoria.

            “No, no. This is my friend Krystal, she was just trying out the clothes for me. Yes, Sulli is the one who is going to model the brand.” Victoria told him just as Sulli appeared, ready to start the shoot. She was already wearing something that Krystal picked, complimented with some accessory.

            “Why don’t they just model together?” Mr. Park suggested.

            “I know right, I’ve been telling them that too.” Mr. Li said who suddenly appeared.

            “It’s just that, Krystal is quite shy…” Victoria tried hard to pull Krystal out of this but Mr. Park said, “I’m sure she’ll want to help her friends, right? She just needs to put some light make up, both your friends here are naturally pretty. That’s quite hard to find these days. What do you say, Krystal-ssi?” They all turned to Krystal who turned pink. Sulli on the other hand grabbed her hand, “Come on. You have no choice now. It’ll be fun, I promise!”

            Krystal let herself get dragged by Sulli because now that she’s wearing the clothes, she kind of wants to now.

            They got to work immediately and Krystal found out that it wasn’t that hard, getting to pose for the camera. Mr. Park was very kind with his words, knowing that they were both beginners. He lets them move freely and because of that the pictures turned out great. The staffs were more than just satisfied.

            As Sulli and Krystal changed back into their own clothes again, having Sulli telling Krystal over and over again how right she was and Krystal just rolling her eyes trying to shut her up, Mr. Park approached Victoria.

            “You know, I can recommend them to more people that I know. They’re doing great even though they are both beginners.” Victoria beamed.

            “That would be great. I don’t know about Krystal, but I think Sulli would like that.”

            “Well, your brand is really great. I hope everything goes well for you. This is my card, and if you can prepare a portfolio for them, it would be better.” Victoria nods.

            “It’s a pleasure to be able to work with you too. Until we see each other again.” They both bowed.

            Victoria bought the girls’ dinner before driving them back to Sulli’s house.

***

            Leo leans onto his car as he waits for Krystal to get out from Sulli’s house. He smiled the moment he saw Krystal carrying her small suitcase towards him. He puts out his hands from his pockets and went to help her, resisting the urge to hug her immediately.

            “Thanks.” Krystal said as she turns to hug Sulli goodbye. You just nod your head towards Sulli and opened the door for Krystal.

“Yah, Jung Soo Jung! Don’t do anything naughtyyy~!” Sulli sang as she skipped back into the house. Not once turning around because she knows Krystal was probably glaring at her, which was true.

Leo just smiled as Krystal blushed. “I’m so sorry about my idiotic friend. Just ignore her.” Krystal was so flustered that she even had troubled putting on her seatbelt. Leo smile’s got wider as he helped her with it, ignoring Krystal’s widening eyes as their faces got closer.

“Long time no see princess.” Leo said as he finally began drove away. Krystal calm down and relaxed after a while.

“It’s only been three days, Leo.” She told him. He smirks, “I know. So, what have you been doing?” At the question Krystal told him everything about the photoshoot.

“Wow, so you’re officially a model now?” Leo chuckled at the thought but quickly frown when he suddenly realizes that other people would be able to look at her. What if some erted jerk sees her? What if she gains fans? What if she gains male fans?

“Yah, what’s wrong?” Krystal asks. Leo shook his head and snap out of his thoughts.

“Ah, it’s nothing. So, are you really going to be a model?” He just realized that for a moment; he was jealous.

“Me? No way, that was just a one-time thing. I want to focus more on my piano. Did I mention that I might go to art school with Sulli?”

“Art school, huh?” he says as he makes a turn. “That’s good. There’s a class for you there. Is Sulli-ssi going to take on acting classes perhaps?”

“You know, you should stop all that formal talks with my friends. They already told me that you should be more relaxed with them. And yeah, Ssul probably would take that class.”

“Well, you should be more relaxed around my friends too. Deal?” Krystal rolled her eyes. “Fine, deal.”

Their car ride is never silent anymore. Since both of them can’t meet each other every day anymore, they always have something to tell to the other. The two is definitely breaking out of their shells.

            Krystal was going to spend the night with him; he said he has something to tell her. And apparently it can’t be said through the phone. She is really excited; there was no denying in that. It was their first anniversary tomorrow. She’s very curious on what he’s planning to do.

            But as they reached his house after dinner at their usual restaurant, Krystal was beginning to doubt him. Did he forget? He didn’t mention anything at all, not even a hint that he knows what day tomorrow is. Leo on the other hand was trying hard to hide his smile, he knows just from the side glances she’s giving him, she was already dying to know what was on his mind.

            He opens the apartment door for her and she quietly walks in.

            “Why is it so dark?” Krystal says. The lights were still off. Leo smiled in the darkness as he switches on the lights, Krystal’s gasp following suit.

            “Leo… What is this?” Krystal was awed by the painting that was right in front of her. Leo just stood proudly behind her with his arms cross, loving how surprised she sounds. The painting was bigger than average, he painted the beach. Krystal sitting on the sand as the sun sets behind her.

            “This is… beautiful.” She gasps once more, nearing the painting. “Thank you!” She said turning around to face him before giving him a hug which he gladly returned.

            “But aren’t you supposed to give this to me tomorrow?” Krystal asks after the hug. Leo smiled and said, “Oh, this is just a hint of where we are going tomorrow.” Krystal raised an eyebrow. “Where are we going?” She asks. “Oh, just somewhere very typical.” He teases her. Krystal smacks him on the arm and repeated her question.

            “Doesn’t the place look familiar?” Leo says. With that Krystal went to the painting again and broke into a grin. “Jeju? We’re going to Jeju Island??” She seems excited. “I know it’s not that special. But I’ll promise to make it special.” He tells her.

            “No, no. Jeju’s great. I can’t wait.” Krystal smiles.

            “You don’t have to wait long, we’re going tomorrow.”

            “So, that’s why you want me to sleep over.” Krystal said with a teasing smirk.

            “Yeah, that and also because I sort of missed you being here.” Leo left her after the small confession and got ready to go to bed. Krystal on the other hand just stood there, a soft “I missed you too.” Coming out of .

***

            After some hustle and bustle the two finally arrived in the house that Leo has rented for their stay in Jeju. The house wasn’t big but it was spacious enough for the two of them. Krystal seems to like the cozy house, which made Leo at ease. He was afraid she won’t like it.

            “I can’t believe that the beach is right behind us!” Krystal squealed happily as she went at the back of the house. Leo just put down their bags and stared at her back. Even from behind he can tell that she was happy. He was happy too. He has been worn out tired by all the art projects he was making, but just seeing Krystal’s face made him feel better. He didn’t know why, but it felt that as long as his princess is happy and smiling, he will be happy too. When he gets angry, just a touch from Krystal can warm his heart. He also has this sense of responsibility to protect her from everything. There’s no denying now; his feelings has just grown stronger, deeper. And this scares him. She’s his everything now, he can’t even imagine not having her in his life anymore. The idea itself scares him. Leo shakes his head with a soft sigh, why is he suddenly thinking like this? Krystal is here now, she won’t be going anywhere. At least he hopes she won’t.

            “Hey princess, we should go grab a quick dinner.” He says walking to stand beside her. Krystal nods and took his hands into hers, smiling still.

            “Let’s go then, I’m hungry.”

            In the car, there was a comfortable silence between the two of them. Krystal continued holding his hand, staring at him as he drives. She realizes that his presence in her life was irreplaceable. She has never met anyone that cared for her as much as he cared for her. Sure, she has her friends, but somehow with him, the feelings were different. He was also the one who can understand her the most. She just likes the warm presence he has, she just really likes it. It’s like him being there for her has become a part of nature itself, if that makes sense. She has become so use to his presence that it scares her to think that, what if one day he’ll leave? She can’t bear the thought. She just can’t. “I will never leave you.” The words rang in her head and she automatically smiles. He won’t leave, he promised he won’t.

            Krystal suddenly feels the grip on her hands tighten. She snaps out of her thoughts and realized that the car had stop.

            “You’ve been staring at me long enough princess. C’mon, we’re here.” Leo said as he got out. Krystal blushed and covered her face with her hands. Leo chuckled at the sight and opened the door for her. Krystal muttered a ‘thank you’ and before she can speed walk alone to the restaurant, Leo grab hold of her hand and walked beside her.

            “Don’t worry, I would do the same.” He says. Krystal raised an eyebrow; is he saying that he would be staring at her too or-

            “I mean, I can stare at my handsome face all day too.” Krystal snorts out a laugh before scoffing playfully.

            “Getting cocky are we?” She said as they entered the seafood restaurant.

***

            Back at their rented house the two of them took a hot shower before unpacking their own stuff. The house has two bedrooms, a bathroom, an open kitchen and living room, and a balcony outside.

            Leo finished packing first and knocked on Krystal’s door before opening it. Krystal looked up from her phone, waiting for him to speak.

            “Do you want to have a walk on the beach? It’s a full moon tonight.” Krystal lit up at the idea and tossed her phone aside.

            With that the two of them wore their thick jackets and went out to have a “under the moonlight” walk. Leo was the first to grab her hand and put it into his pocket. Krystal giggled at the move.

            “You’re a pretty romantic guy aren’t you, Leo-ssi?” Krystal . Leo chuckled at that before letting the comfortable silence drag on again. It was when they were walking back to the house when Leo finally broke the silence.

            “You know, you can call me by my real name now. If you want to that is.” Krystal halted and looked at him. He looked at her too. She then smiled; she had always wanted to call him by his real name. She just didn’t know how to without it appearing too sudden plus she doesn’t want things between them to get awkward. But hearing Luna calling by his real name does sometimes make her jealous.

            “You can call me Soojung too.” She told him, continuing to walk. He smiled because just like her he had always wanted to call her that. He knows that for people like them, even little things like their Korean names matters to them. It separates the people that they are close to and the people who they are not close to.

            The reached their house, hands still connected. This is going to be a fun 3 days and 2 night stay. Krystal yawns, indicating that she is already sleepy. Leo stared at her; anything she does is interesting to him, even a simple yawn. He ruffles her hair adoringly with a chuckle.

            “Sleepy, princess?” he asks as Krystal nods. Leo tucks her in her bed and gave her a soft kiss on her forehead. “Goodnight Soojung-ah.” He whispers.

            “Goodnight Taekwoon.” Krystal whispered back, smiling even in her sleep.

 

 

 

A/N: I am so sorry for the late update. It's just that my mind went blank for this story for a few days and the ideas kinda stop flowing, haha. But no worries, I'm back now and the story is going to pick its pace in the next chapter i should think. Thank you for all the new subscribers and commenters! I hope you enjoy this chapter and the story so far. Thanks for stopping by! (: