Chapter fourteen

Hush.

Krystal’s eyes widened at Leo’s presence at her dining table. He was sitting there, with her family.

How the hell did he get here?

Does her family know who he is?

Why is he here?

Wait…. Leo didn’t leave. He came back.

Leo was talking to Krystal’s brother when she came down from her room. “Soojung, your friend is here.” Her mother smiles sweetly at her, nodding at an empty seat across Leo. Leo turned to look at her and they locked eyes, none of them smiling or moving at all. It wasn’t until Jessica gave out an awkward cough when Krystal jumped at the sound and then walking slowly towards her seat.

“Aren’t you gonna introduce him to us, sis?” Jessica spoke, glancing at the two. Leo snapped out of it first, standing up and bowing to everyone. “Anyeonghaseyo, my name is Leo Jung Taekwoon. I apologize to have surprised you all at the airport and I thank you for the dinner invitation.” Mr. Jung motion for him to sit down and he did. Daniel looks at him, “So, what’s your relationship with my sister?” He asks. It was clear that Krystal won’t be talking soon. Leo’s ears reddened at the question, but he answered anyway. “We have actually been dating a little over a year now.” Leo waited for Krystal to correct him, to tell them that they have already broken up; but she didn’t. Instead, Krystal gave them a small nod. The family took it well too, but it was only because they have already expected it. They just wanted the couple to confirm.

Dinner was uncomfortable as expected. The atmosphere wasn’t cold, no, just uncomfortable. Mrs. Jung and Jessica spoke most, just to help ease up the situation. It helped, a little bit. When dinner was over, Krystal was the first one to stand up. “I’m going to show Taekwoon around the house.” She says in a small voice. It’s the first time she spoke since Leo arrived. She saw her parents glance at each other before nodding their heads. When Leo stands up to excuse himself too, Krystal saw her brother and sister smirking at her. She rolled her eyes and walked away first, Leo following her swiftly from behind.

Krystal brought him to her room first. “Why is your room pink?” Leo questioned her, it was after all the colour she disliked most. Krystal shrugs her shoulders, sitting on her queen sized bed. “They changed it. It was purple before.” Leo sat down next to her. Krystal looked down, tears in her eyes. A lot of thoughts are swarming in her head. Leo scooted closer, and slowly, his hands made its way to Krystal’s face, bringing it up and turning it so that she was facing him. Her eyes are red. She is about to cry.

And so he did what he did next; he hugged her. And that was when Krystal broke down and cried on his broad shoulders, clutching on his chest that she has missed so much. The warmth of his body that she has been longing, the protection of his arms that made her feel like home. Leo held her tighter, patting her back in order to try and sooth her tears. They stayed like that until she stopped crying.

“You know, if you came out with your eyes red and all, I don’t think your family will ever invite me to come over again thinking I made you cry.” Krystal let out a soft chuckle, hitting him lightly on the shoulder. He smiles, patting her back. “I know I really did make you cry though, and I’m sorry.” He looks into her eyes again. Krystal sniffs, “It’s…fine. I’m not that mad anymore now that you’re here. Consider yourself saved this time.” Leo chuckled too this time Krystal smile; she missed him. And so she hugged him tighter, and Leo let her and.

The door knocked a few minutes later but Krystal ignored it. The knock came again and this time Krystal groaned, “I think we should go…” Leo reasons but Krystal glared at him. Does he not understand that she doesn’t want to let go right now?

“Yah Jung Soo Jung!” Jessica’s voice bellowed. “Dad thinks you’re having a quite y time with Mr tall guy there so you better come out before he comes in, gun blazing!” Jessica bellowed and left after her warning. Krystal rolls her eyes while Leo reddens. “Get used to her being like that, she likes teasing me.” Krystal got up and went into her bathroom (that is attached to her room) to wash her face.

The rest of the day consists of endless teases from Jessica, glares from Daniel’s sharp eyes, and then they got to eat cookies from Mrs Jung (credits to the family’s baker of course). Leo barely remembered touring the house at all (Krystal was supposed to show him around), he was too busy staring at Krystal. He stared at her when she glares at her sister, when she used her aegyo (she never shows him her aegyo!) to calm her overprotective brother and even when she giggles at her mum’s effort to lie to them about the cookies (c’mon mum everyone knows you can’t last a day in the kitchen). Before he knows it, he was smiling just like Krystal throughout the whole day.

And if you know the cold couple, you would know that this is rare.

Very, very rare.

But it happened. Rather than a scowl or a frown on their faces, it was a sincere smile plastered on it. And it lasted for more than 5 minutes.

The day ended with their meeting with Mr Jung, who was holding a baseball bat as he waited for them in the living room.

Dad!” Krystal reddens when she saw her dad making a very bad swing. Clearly a move to “scare off” Leo. Leo hid behind Krystal as she takes the bat from her father. “You don’t even play ball!” She says, laughing as she hits her dad lightly with the bat before throwing it to the couch. “Be nice, oppa’s leaving.” Leo choked on nothing at the word oppa and Mr Jung tried to take the bat back but failed. Krystal sent him a smirk and even a wink as he exits the big mansion. “I’ll wait for your call.” She says, waving her hand. Leo cannot believe his eyes at the sight, so rare. But he likes it. No, scratch that. He knows he would do anything to make Krystal smile like that for the rest of his life.

Krystal ignored everyone’s questions and stares and entered her room with the typical “tired” excuse. Leo called her that night as expected. But the call was almost exactly like their first call; awkward. But unlike their first phone call, they know what they feel for each other now. Krystal giggled to herself and rolled around on her big bed. Happy. The feeling she has been craving for. Happiness.

 

 

 

A/n: Hey, sorry for the short update. I'm sure you awesome readers (if you are still here lol) can tell that the story's ending. Stay tuned for the ending. Thanks for the new subbies and/or silent readers!