Chapter two

Hush.

[The bold ones are in English]

 

Krystal’s phone suddenly rang in the middle of the night. She groaned, who could it be? She had just fallen asleep too.

            “Yebuseyo?”

            “Hey there darling! What are you doing? I have something that I want to talk to you about.”

            “Mum? Its 3am here. Remember time differences between Korea and America?

            “Oh, right. I’m sorry dear, I forgot to check. Anyway, since you pick up, are you free this Saturday?” Krystal had nothing to do of course, but she pretended to think about it anyway. Her mum thinks she has a lot of friends and stuff.

            “Er, I’m free on Saturday, yes.” She said after a good pause.

            “Oh, that’s good news. I have a fashion show in London and there’s someone who wants to meet you!” Her mum told her excitedly. Krystal stifled a yawn before answering.

            “Okay mum. Just reserve the tickets for me. I’ll meet butler Lee tomorrow at the house to settle things.

            “Oh darling, I’m so glad you can make it. Your brother and sister are so busy these days.” Of course I’m the only one who can make it, Krystal rolled her eyes.

            “The others are always busy.” she mumbled.

What was that dear? I didn’t hear you, I’m attending a party right now.

            “Of course you are. Never mind mum, I just said I’m glad too. I haven’t seen you in a whi-

            “Oh, they’re here? Okay, I’ll get right to it. Sorry dear, but my client just walked in, bye! I’ll see you on Saturday okay? Kisses and hugs!” And she hung up.

Krystal once again rolled her eyes before putting her phone back beside her alarm clock. She never changes, Krystal thought to herself.

***

            Leo walked in the café where he had planned to meet his childhood friends that he hasn’t seen in a while. They had decided to go to the fair today. Hyeri waved at Leo when she saw him entering. Leo felt a bit annoyed because he didn’t understand why; he knows where their usual table is. There’s no need to wave like that.

            “Hi oppa! How was your day?” she asks him excitedly.

            “Oh, anyeong. It was okay, where are the others?” he said taking his usual seat.

            “N oppa said he was gonna be late. Oh, there’s Onew oppa and Luna unnie right now.”

            “Hey there chingus.” Greeted Onew as Luna smiled sweetly beside him.

            “How come you guys are always arriving together?” chuckled Hyeri.

            “You’re still young, you wouldn’t understand.” Said Onew patting her head.

            “Yah, I’m not THAT young! And didn’t I tell you not to mess with my hair, it’s all messed up now!” she started to whine. Luna laughs and fixed her hair for her.

            “Kumao unnie. Hehe.”

            “You’re getting cute- I mean prettier these days Hyeri-ah.” Luna shared a glance with Leo. Hyeri didn’t like being called cute because of him. He wasn’t the type to like too much aegyo and Hyeri sort of tried so stop acting all cute now.

            “I’m growing my hair now. You like long haired girls’ better, right oppa?” Hyeri turned to Leo.

            “He does prefer them. But didn’t you like your short hair better? You look nicer in them too.” Said Onew when Leo didn’t respond.

            “I like long hairs too. That’s why I’m growing mine. Need to try different styles.” Hyeri said again, still trying to get Leo’s attention.

                “N sure is taking a while.” Said Luna, looking at Onew’s watch since she doesn’t wear one. At that Leo received a text.

            “This little rascal. He’s meeting us there. Said he’s with someone else at the moment.” He said, reading the text to them.

            “Well, let’s just eat something light. We’ll find lots of food there anyway.” Said Onew, looking at the menu already.

***

            Krystal entered her family house, all the maids and workers bowing to her as she passes. She never liked the attention so that’s why she rarely visits home now.

            “Lee ahjussi eodisseo? [Where is Mr. Lee?]” She asks one of the maids. But before the maid can answer butler Lee arrived. Smiling and bowing to greet her.

            “Ahjusshi, it’s been a while.” She said with a little bow of her own.

            “Nde. You’re right. It’s been what, 3 months since you last visited?”

            “Nde. There’s just nothing to do here, that’s why.”

            “So, why are you visiting now? Are there any problems?”

            “No. There is no problem. It’s about that fashion show my mum is having this Saturday?”

            “Right. Her secretary told me about that this morning.”

            “Yeah well mum apparently can’t wait till morning so she told me at 3am. Anyway, can you please handle my baggage? You know I hate packing for these things. Just put in clothes that will suite the event and also bring my comfortable clothes too. And nothing too fancy, nothing that’ll catch the eye. Something simple but suitable. I don’t want to be nag again.”

            “Of course agashi. I will ask the maids to pack them. You can look through it before you leave.”

            “And the tickets to London. Please reserve them, just in case my mum forgot.”

            “Her secretary already reserved it for you. Everything is settled. Your sister is going to pick you up at the airport.”

            “Unnie? I thought she couldn’t make it. Let alone pick me up.”

            “Well, that’s what your mother said agashi.”

            “Never mind her. Unnie won’t be able to come. She has to get ready for the fashion show herself, if she’s coming that is. Get me a driver instead. It’ll save trouble. I don’t like going to the big city myself.”

            “I will arrange a driver then. Is that all?”

            “I think so. I’ll call if there’s anything else.”

            Krystal stands up to leave.

            “Agashi?” butler Lee suddenly spoke.

            “Hmm?”

            “Your father’s here. He just arrived yesterday.” Krystal raised an eyebrow but shrug it off.

            “He’ll tell me if he wants to meet me. I should get going.”

            “Actually he wants to have dinner with you tonight. I was going to inform you about it but then you visited.” There was a silence as Krystal thought over it. Finally she said, “Fine. I’ll come back in time for dinner.”

            “I will see you tonight then.” He bowed as she leaves the house.

            It is almost two years since Krystal saw her dad. She seems like she doesn’t care, but inside, she’s been waiting to talk to him. She’s been wanting to meet him. She missed him of course. Since he dumped his job to become a nature photographer, she almost never sees him. That was when she was ten. Her sister was twelve, and her brother fifteen.

            Going around the world taking thousands of pictures, he is bound to miss birthdays, anniversaries, school events etc. At first he still says he’s sorry, apologizing and making excuses for the first few years. But after a while, he doesn’t even remember to say sorry, or maybe he just doesn’t bother anymore.

            That’s when the family’s business went up hill in a blink of an eye. Her brother took over their dad’s position while he travels the world without them, their mum opened more fashion stores overseas and it became a huge success, her sister followed in their mother’s footsteps and entered the fashion industry while Krystal decided to stay in Korea and finish her studies. She spent so much of her life overseas and moving from place to place that she missed having to stay in one place and just live her life.

            But, not everything went according to plan. On her first year alone, her parents brought a house that could pass as a mansion and said it was their family house. It was too lonely there even with the maids and butler Lee. She has no friends, no other close family members and no one that would be for her but not for her money. So she eventually learned to distance herself from people. She moved to an apartment after she graduated and didn’t tell her parents until she got caught. By then it was too late to change her mind and they left her be. She went to high school, finished it, and now has to decide what she was going to do with her life.

***

            “Oppa, let’s ride that one!”

            “Ooooh, this one too!”

            “Oppa, I found the haunted house c’mon!”

            “This way oppa, this way!”

            Hyeri was more than just excited that day. It has been a while since the group hung out together. Looks like Leo wasn’t getting away easily today; Hyeri was more aggressive than usual. They might look like a cute couple on an exciting date in Hyeri’s imagination but the fact is they just look like siblings. Hyeri being the cute annoying little sister and Leo as the annoyed older brother.

            Onew and Luna were reminiscing memories though; it’s been a while since they both visited the fair. Hand in hand, they watch as little Hyeri jump excitedly at everything just to catch Leo’s attention. Leo was the usual, having that scowl on 24/7 and just gets annoyed by almost everything.

            “Hakyeon!” Leo called out quickly when he saw his now red headed friend. Pulling his arms out of Hyeri’s reach, he jogged his way to N’s side. The group was finally together and they decided to play some games while roaming around the place. Of course Onew at the games and caused laughter in the group, Leo was unexpectedly good despite his demeanor, and N of course always tries to cheat whenever he gets the chance.

            After they were all tired and hungry, Onew drove them to a nearby restaurant.

            “Ooooooh, so the oldest hyung gets to pay, right?” N nudges Onew, showing his puppy eyes. Onew scoffs lightly but nodded. “Sure, why not? It’s been a while.” N lit up after hearing his answer. “Yes! Thanks hyung!” They quickly ordered and sat down.

            “Hyeri sure is disappointed in leaving early.” Said Luna, reading texts from her phone sent from Hyeri.

 “Is she making a fuss again?” Onew asks, sitting down next to her.

“The usual. She’s already missing you Taekwoon-ah.” Luna told him. Leo can only roll his eyes.

            “Maybe you should be nicer Taek. Hyeri’s not that bad.” Said Onew with a slight chuckle. Leo gave him a glare. “Okay, okay. Eyes down boy. You can kill people with that look, do you know that?” The whole table laughed except for Leo who just shrugs.

“He’s taken though. Hyeri will need to wait.” said N just as the food arrives.

“WHAT?” Onew and Luna ask at the same time, looking at Leo. N stopped eating at their exclamation. “You guys didn’t know?” He also gave Leo a look. Leo shrugs.

“I don’t see why I have to announce it to everybody.”

“Yeah but we’re your friends! Forget it, this is great news! I thought you were going to live alone for the rest of your life with that attitude of yours.” Onew said with a hearty laugh.

“Congrats Taek. Who’s the lucky girl?” Luna said, sincerely happy for him.

“How can the girl be lucky?” Onew said in a low voice. Luna slaps him lightly by the shoulder. “Don’t be mean, Lee Jinki.” Onew waved his hand away. “Fine. So, who’s the lucky girl?” Onew repeated Luna’s question having spoken before Leo could answer.

“Krystal. Her name is Krystal.” Leo told them.

“Mhmm. Pretty name.” commented Onew as Luna’s eyes widen at the name.

“We went to the same school. She’s the same age as us.” N told them a bit further. “He asked her out on graduation day. He didn’t notice her for all those years- OW!” N stopped talking as Leo kicked him under the table.

“Whoa, you really didn’t notice her that long. Smooth moves though, at least you got her on the last day. Wow, the definition of ‘nothing’s ever too late.’ Right Sunyoung?” Onew looked at Luna. “Chagiya? Yah, what are you thinking about?” Luna snapped out of her thoughts. Ignoring Onew, she looked at Leo instead.

“Did you say her name was Krystal? As in Krystal Jung?” Leo and N both look at Luna in surprised.

“Yes. Krystal Jung Soo Jung.” Leo said.

“Do you know her, noona?” asks N. Luna was still quite.

“Sunyoung-ah, what’s wrong?” asks Onew, getting worried.

“Nothing.” Luna shrugs. “Yeah, I know her. Soojung and I were friends… once.” There was a pause.

“It’s nothing. Oh, the other foods are here. Eat up boys!” And just like that they knew the conversation has ended. N cracked a lame joke to keep the mood going. But it was hard when Leo was eyeing Luna curiously, Luna still looking uncomfortable after the talk and Onew who keeps glancing at Luna worriedly.

***

            Krystal chose her clothes carefully for dinner tonight. Not too child-ish, not too bold, not too plain but nothing uncomfortable. She settled on her white blouse and red skirt, also her favorite sling bag to complete her look. She fluffed her hair, put on some light make-up and was out the door to meet her father.

            Once again all the house maids bowed as she passed by. This time she wasn’t paying attention, no this time all her attention was focused on meeting her father. She checked her outfit again; made sure her hair was okay and made a last touch up on her make-up.

            “Agashi? Your father is waiting.” Butler Lee told her; she was taking too long.

            Krystal stepped into the big dining room and saw her father standing up. Her pace got quicker and quicker until she finally embraced him. He ruffled her hair gently with his usual chuckle.

            “Hello there my little princess.” He smiled warmly. “How have things been?”

            “It’s fine dad. Everything’s fine.” Krystal said as they both sat down across one another. He drank from his red wine, still smiling. Although Krystal did sense a bit of fakeness, she shrugged it off. He’s here now, that’s all that matters.

            “Are you sure they aren’t any interesting stories to tell me?”

            “Well, it’s been almost a year since I graduated high school.” She told him.

            “What? Really? I didn’t know.”

            “Oh, I suppose the letter I wrote didn’t reach you. And the mail too I guess.”

            “Oh, dear, I’m so sorry I missed that. So, tell me, what’s life after school? What about college?”

            “I’m thinking about taking more music classes and piano lessons. I like playing the piano.”

            “Really now? I didn’t notice. That’s a really good passion dear, keep it up. You have all my support.”

            Dinner came and was served.

            Krystal was silent because she was thinking on how to further their conversation. She doesn’t want to talk about herself because it hurts to know that he doesn’t know much about his own daughter even though Krystal wrote to him many times until she finally gave up seeking for his attention once again. She doesn’t want to talk about him either because she doesn’t want to hear all about the things that were apparently more important than her.

            “Has mum called about the fashion show this weekend?” Krystal finally asked. Her father looked up from the table.

            “Fashion show?”

            “Oh, didn’t her secretary tell you anything? Mum informed me herself yesterday.”

            “Oh, about that dear… This is actually why I wanted to meet you.” Suddenly the room tensed up. The hair at the back of Krystal’s neck stood up; something’s not right, this isn’t good.

            Krystal waited for her father to speak. She was curious, but scared at the same time. Her father had stopped eating.

            “Your mother and I, we have decided to get a divorce.” It was like he dropped a bomb, but without any sound. Except the sound of Krystal’s shattering heart.

            “WHAT?” Krystal’s mouth hung open. He’s playing a joke on her right? This can’t be true. They love each other. Or at least loved one another. She saw it in her father’s eye when he looked at her mother when Krystal was still little. How he would carry her around the house just for fun. How her mother cooks his favorite dish on a random night to surprise him. What happened?

            “Yes, dear. I know that this is sudden news, but I’m sure everyone knew this was going to happen.”

            “Excuse me? Knew this was going to happen? What does that mean?! Is this family really going to fall apart? Dad we haven’t seen each other for TWO DAMN YEARS and THIS is what you wanted to tell me?!” Krystal was angry. She was furious.

            “Calm down Soojung-ah. I’m so-”

            “Stop.” She stopped yelling and stood up, her chair falling behind her. She controlled her stance, her posture, her cracking voice.

            “Do not call me that as if you are close to me, as if you still care for me as your daughter.” She said through gritted teeth.

            “Soojun-”

            “I said,” she glared at him. “Do not call me that. You are nothing but a stranger now. I tried, it’s not like I haven’t.”

            She turns to leave but stops.

            “And you know what? You should stop apologizing when you’re not even sorry.”

            With that she stormed out of her house and caught a taxi almost immediately after leaving the house-like-mansion.

            Leo had called on the way but she snaps at him and lied that she was busy. She turned off her phone after that. She went straight to the beach; the wind was blowing hard today, as if it understands her anger. She sat on the sandy beach, looking at how far and wide it is. Closing her eyes, she heaves a big sigh. Biting her lips, she did everything she can to stop herself from crying.

            She thinks about that family that doesn’t really feel like her family. To that divorce news that just blew up in front of her. To that feeling that they have stopped being a family a long time ago. She knew it of course, but she tried so hard at denying the reality of it. She wanted the truth to stay away from her. She wants to believe that they were still a family at heart that they at least still care for each other. But now that reality just slap her hard on the face, it’s hard not to notice. She took a deep breath. It was too dark to see when she finally wanted to leave. She switched on her phone for light; the moon wasn’t shining brightly tonight.

            She walked home at a very slow pace. Her phone was still beeping with messages that were probably from Leo. She opened the door to her apartment and entered with a heavy heart. She has no idea what to do, what to think, what to feel. She’s at loss.

The door knocked. She sat up straight from the couch she had just been lying at. She glanced at the clock; midnight. She waited for the knock to come again just in case she imagined it. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. It was so loud she jump off the couch. She opened the door with a blank expression but was too surprised to hold it.

            “What the heck Leo?” She asks eyes wide.

            “What’s wrong with you?” he snaps, entering the place like it was his.

            “Yah-”

            “No, don’t avoid it this time. What’s wrong? Tell me.” He adds. He sits by the couch as she closes the door. She stares at him before sitting down beside him. She sighs before turning to him. He waits for her to speak.

            “I’m…. very very tired right now, okay? So can you please, please just, just leave me alone?” She said, looking down. Leo looked at her and noticed her tired eyes, her worn out voice and her suddenly slouched body posture. She turned away from him but he pulled her back, turning her back to him, making her look at him.

            “Why? What’s wro-?” he didn’t finish his sentence as Krystal’s tears starts to flow down her cheeks. She bit her lip to stop herself from crying out loud. She wasn’t supposed to cry. She wasn’t supposed to break down. She swallowed the lump on , trying to control herself.

            “Can you just please, just leave?” she choked on her words. She buried her face in her hands, weeping silently.

            Leo was astonished. She was crying. Krystal was crying.  He wasn’t sure what to do so his body moved by itself as he neared her. At first he was just patting her shoulder but then decided that he’s going to lend her his shoulder whether she likes it or not. So Krystal’s face was raised and she ended up crying on his shoulder.

            Leo didn’t ask questions as Krystal continue her soft weeping. He wished she would just let it all out rather than bottling it up. He wondered what happened but didn’t want to interrupt her. He didn’t how much the time passed when he suddenly realizes that Krystal had stopped weeping and had fallen asleep on his shoulder. He slowly carried her into the bedroom. He was careful not to wake her up but far from his worry Krystal was snuggling closer to him. He carefully laid her down as carefully as he had carried her. But before he can pull back his arms, Krystal stirred. He paused, only pulling his arms back when she had settled in.

            Krystal was half asleep when she held on to Leo’s hand that was about to leave the bed. “Stay.” She said, barely louder than a whisper. Leo lowered his head to her as he can’t hear what she just said.

            “What did you say?” he asks.

            “I said, stay.” She repeated scooching over to the other side, inviting Leo to be on the bed with her.

            Leo, not knowing what to do, slowly lay down with her. She neared him and slept on his arm and cuddled closer. He smiled and pulled her closer too. Okay, maybe this isn’t such a bad idea after all he thought with a small smile. Resting his head on her head, the two fell asleep on the cold night.

***

            Krystal suddenly crying at night woke Leo up. He glances at the clock; 3am. Krystal had wrap herself and had buried her head between her knees. She was whispering all sorts of insults and curses, all meant for her. Leo felt his heart suddenly bearing a heavy weight; she was blaming herself.

            “Krys…?” Krystal cried louder. She didn’t hear him.

            “Damn it.”

            “Damn it.”

            “Bull. This is all BULL.

            Krystal was rocking her body now. Trying to calm the herself down. But everything is coming out, she can’t handle this. She can’t.

            Then her phone rang.

            It was her mum.

            One look and she threw the phone to the ground.

            “HELL WITH YOU MUM! HELL TO ALL OF YOU! She screams. Leo sat up, unsure of what to do. Krystal began pulling her hair and throwing her arms about. She lost it, she has finally lost it.

            Leo couldn’t stand there and just look anymore. He stops her from hurting herself first.

            “It’s stupid. All of this. It’s bull.” She cried out loud.

            “What’s bull?” Leo asks softly, but is sincerely curious.

            “My mum, my dad, the whole damn family, ME!” Her voice is rising again.

            Family problems, detected Leo. But what can he do now? Before he can even think about it Krystal stands up, catching Leo by surprise.

            “Where are you going?”

            “I can’t stay here. This room is freaking suffocating me.”

            Leo grabbed his jacket and hurriedly followed Krystal out. They were walking, and walking, and walking. The walk seemed endless but Leo didn’t want to ask questions anymore. Krystal will likely not answer him anyway.

            But his unasked question was answered when they arrived at the beach. Of course; the beach. Krystal took big breathes and blew out big sighs. She was finally calming herself. The walk and the breeze helped.

            Krystal slowly sits down, watching the sea. It was still dark out, but maybe she can catch the sun rising. She needs that kind of scenery right now. Leo stood back and watched her from behind. Careful not to disturb her peace.

            Krystal felt Leo leave at five. She doesn’t blame him; she’s too much to handle right now. She sighs.

            What am I going to do?

What am I supposed to do?

What will happen after this?

            How are my brother and sister handling this?

            Did they really expect it?

            Aren’t they going to check how I’m doing?

            Will they at least pretend to care?

            Krystal wanted to ask all sorts of questions. But the questions only raise more unanswered ones. There are no answers. And Krystal thinks there won’t be ever one.

***

            Leo left, yes, but only to get his car. When he was back 30 minutes later, Krystal was still sitting down, but no longer crying. No longer screaming. After another couple of hours, Krystal stood up. Brushing the sand off her. She is okay, for now. Crying does help sometimes. She groans when she remembered Leo. What will he think of her now?

            Krystal turns around and saw Leo standing outside his car, both hands inside his pockets. Wondering why he came back, she walks over to him.

            “I thought you left.” She said.

            “I would never leave you.” The words surprised Krystal, but it was something Leo wanted to say but never got the chance to. She raises an eyebrow. She was still surprised by his choice of words but didn’t show any real emotion. But Leo saw it, that glint in her eyes. twitching, as if wanting to say something. Not waiting for Krystal’s respond, he opened the door for her, inviting her to come inside the car.  

“Sleep. Rest. I’ll come back tonight.” Leo said as he follows Krystal into her room. Krystal can only nod. She heard Leo left and finally heave out that sigh she’s been holding.

 “I will never leave you.” The words echoed inside her head. They made her heart beats faster, in a good way. She can feel the fluttering inside her stomach. “I will never leave you.” Maybe sleep won’t be too hard now, she thought as she closes her eyes.

***

            Leo stretch when he reached home. He threw his bag on the couch and head over to the shower. He was meeting up with his sister today, his only sibling.

             “Noona!” he called sister over the crowd of people at the airport. His sister smiled brightly and waved back at him. He jogs to her to get there quickly and hugs his sister who already had her arms wide open. His sister quickly put him into a head lock and let him go before he can fight back. She shakes his hair and pinches both his cheeks.

            “Aigooo~” said Miyoung to her little brother. “Stop growing would you? You’re as tall as a tree now.” Leo looked at her disbelievingly and scoffs lightly. Shaking his head, he took the trolley from her. Miyoung held onto his arm, she missed him. Anyone that doesn’t know them will mistake that they are a couple. They look different as Leo looks like their father and Miyoung looks like their mother. And no, there is no in between.

            They sat at the café near the airport.

            “So, how’s life? How’s Krystal?” Miyoung asks sipping on her iced Americano that he bought for her. Leo choked on his.

            “Wh-what?” he stampers. How can she possibly remember Kyrstal? He rarely even talks about her.

             Miyoung takes a tissue and wipe the stain off him, chuckling. “Why are you so surprised? Gosh. Are you going to answer me or not?”

            “Er, I’m doing fine. I’m better at my painting. According to my teacher I’m, ‘Creative and unique’. The way I paint is, ah, different but magical.” He avoided talking about Krystal.

            Miyoung rolled her eyes. “Stop bragging. Have you decided whether or not you’ll join me in Paris?” Leo shrugs, making her sister raise her eyebrow.

            “What? You’re not coming? That’s some expensive scholarship you got there. And I’m still living there. What’s the problem?”

            “I don’t know. Maybe I want to study here. In Korea.” Said Leo, avoiding eye contact.

            “What is this? You were literally overboard when you heard the news three months ago. Why the sudden change of mind?”

            “It’s, more of a, er.. change of heart.” Miyoung’s eyes widen at his answer.

            “Is Krystal holding you back? I thought you guys weren’t even serious.”

            “She doesn’t even know about the scholarship. Don’t blame her like that.”

            “Whoa, what is this? Are you guys really serious now?” Leo shrugs.

            “Can we not talk about things I haven’t figured out myself yet? Come on, mum and dad are waiting for you.”

            He was always honest with his sister. The girl looks fragile, so no one will be able to know that she knows hapkido and taekwondo. She has always protected him, so he had always trusted her.

            But his sister is also persistent.

            “Tell me more about Krystal.” Miyoung pressed on when they were in the car. It was going to be a long thirty minutes’ drive home.

            “Seatbelt.” Leo said, avoiding the question again and turning on the engine. Miyoung scowled and wore her seatbelt.

            “Krystal. Now.” She ordered, spitting fire through her eyes. She’s going to pry it out of him whether he likes it or not.

            “Noona please-”

            “I said, tell me more about Krystal.” Miyoung repeated herself. Leo sighs, massaging his temples; he’s not going to get out of this, is he?

            “Krystal and I,” he starts, Miyoung was concentrating fully.

            “We’re getting there.” He couldn’t find the words to explain the situation he’s in.

            “You’re getting there??” Leo can feel his sister scoff without even looking at her.

            “Don’t be so dramatic sis.”

            “Dramatic? Dramatic? You’ve got to be kidding me Taekwoon. Tell me you’re joking.”

            “Noona.” Said Leo firmly. He does not like where this conversation is heading. Miyoung sigh exasperatedly.

            “Look, I’ll still think about Paris. But right now, I want to stay. I want to stay with Krystal.” He added more firmly. “She’s got a lot going on. And I want to be there for her.”

            Miyoung looked at her tall and broad shouldered brother, sometimes, she hates how he’s so honest with her. It’s great that there are no secrets between them and all, but this whole situation is confusing her. Not a great welcome home present. She thought that he had his mind made about going to Paris. He’ll live with her, study and they can hang out more.

            “Taekwoon, are you sure about this?” He shrugs.

            “You know what, make up your mind first and then tell me what you’re going to do. You’ve got two months to decide, there’s no hurry.”

            Leo was relieved, finally.

            Miyoung hop off the car when they finally arrived and skip all the way to their house. Leo smiled looking at her. At least someone can switch their emotions quick enough.

            “Omma! Appa!” Leo watched as she hugs their mum and dad. Wrestling their father to the ground.

            “Give your appa a break Miyoung.” Mrs. Jung smiled, shaking her head.

            “I shouldn’t let her drink coffee before coming here, huh?” said Leo now beside her. His mum let out a soft chuckle, “Maybe caffeine isn’t really good for her.”

 

 

 

A/n: Okay, I just want to tell you that yes, Luna is older than Leo and N in this story. Also, Krystal and Leo's family are revealed here. Yes, I added a brother for Krystal. And the first f(x) member to appear, Luna! The others will follow, don't worry. And maybe the other VIXX's members too. And yeah, Lunew <3. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for any mistake that I didn't corrected. Oh yeah, thank you for the new subscribers, I appreciate it a lot! Thanks for stopping by!

 

Also, RIP to Alan Rickman. He will be greatly missed, our professor. And will forever be loved, always. (Yes, I'm a Potterhead.)