Chapter fifteen- Final

Hush.

Leo picked Krystal up that weekend. She had agreed to have dinner with his family once again. Krystal was no doubt relieved to know that his sister won’t be there. But she knows she will have to face her sooner or later. Leo was happy that she is starting to look and sound like the Krystal he knows.

Leo’s parents literally lit up at the sight of Krystal again. After Leo explain what happened (He didn’t tell them everything of course, but he told them enough), they have been bugging him to bring Krystal to meet them again. It was as if they want to see with their own eyes that everything is okay between the two of them again. Leo wanted to roll his eyes at their mere excitement, especially his mum.

“Mum, Krystal just got out of the hospital. I can’t just bring this topic up to her.” He tried to back away at first. Everything did go wrong after that one dinner they had together at his house. But his mum disagreed, “You can’t let her stay in her house forever. She’s out of the hospital, it means she’s better now. And she can use the fresh air.” Leo mentions that she has her friends with her until his mum finally drops the bomb, “Just bring her, okay? I want to see her with my own eyes. She got me worried sick. She already looks so fragile and weak. Besides, you did wrong to delay everything. You could’ve avoided this from happening, Jung Taekwoon.” Leo gulps when his mum used his full name. He had no other excuses to throw; this is why Krystal is sitting with his family during dinnertime.

“Taekwoon told me you love meat, so we decided to have bbo-ssam for dinner.” Mrs. Jung tells her and Krystal smiled widely at the mention of meat. “Thank you.” She tells them gratefully. It was almost as if this dinner was made just for her. “Do you still have to eat your medicines?” Mr. Jung asks as they began eating. Krystal nods, “I have to take them for at least another week.” Mr. Jung gave his son a pretty obvious glare before smiling at Krystal, “Make sure to eat them on time.” He advises and Krystal gave him a nod. She suddenly feel warm inside.

When dinner was over, Krystal was dragged into the living room where his parents showed her his baby pictures. They remembered, Krystal thought. How nice. How thoughtful. She smiles some more as Mrs. Jung excitedly bring more photo albums out. Leo wanted to bang his head on the wall; yes, it is that embarrassing. “Mum, I’m there!” He whined when his mum showed a picture of him taking his bath at the age of three. Krystal slaps his hand away when he tried to take the picture away and they all laugh when he turned red.

They spent a lot of time going through his pictures and Krystal had a lot of fun snapping some of them using her phone while she listens to story of Leo when he was young. Leo just buried his face behind her neck. They were sitting so close to each other but neither notices it. He was behind her, taking a peek of the embarrassing pictures before hiding behind her again. His parents notice it though, how comfortable the two are.

When everything calmed down and it was time to go, Leo went up to get a few of his things. That leaves Krystal and his parents some time without him. Mrs. Jung hugs her, “Thank you for coming back, Soojung-ah. I don’t even know what Taekwoon would do without you.” Krystal didn’t know what to say, so she didn’t say anything. “He’s an okay guy, our son. He’s a bit of a prick sometimes but that’s just because he’s afraid.” Mr. Jung was next to say something. “We’ll take care of Miyoung,” He continues, “But don’t let that get in the way of your relationship with him. We would like you to stay for a while, you know that right?” Krystal smiles, suddenly feeling emotional. Mrs. Jung gave her another hug, “Don’t worry. We’re not pressuring you or anything. But we would prefer it if you two stay together. It’s good for him.” Krystal blinks her tears away, “I would like that too, omoni.” She smiles.

Leo came back just in time to see Krystal smiling. He raises his eyebrows, did something happen when he was gone? Krystal just smirks at him when she saw him, not saying anything. It was only making Leo more curious. He decided to ask her in the car.

“Be careful when you drive, son.” Mr. Jung said, patting his son at the back when they exited the door. Leo nods, arms around Krystal as they walk to his car. “See you again soon, Soojung-ah.” Mrs. Jung smiles as she and her husband waves at them. Leo and Krystal waved back, both smiling.

“So,” Leo says as he starts to drive away, “What did my parents say to you?” Krystal shrugs, “Nothing too important.” She answers, knowing fully Leo wouldn’t stop asking. “If it made you smile, it is definitely important.” Krystal rolls her eyes, “Leave it be, it really is nothing.” Krystal says. Leo sighs, “Fine.” Krystal just chuckled at his reaction.

When Leo dropped at her family’s mansion, he walks her to the door. They stood, facing each other and looking into each other’s eyes. “You know…I would have never thought you’d mean so much to me when I dropped you off like this last year.” Krystal blushed, “Yeah…who’d know you’d be so significant in my life, huh?” She says. Leo smiles, tucking her hair behind her ears so he can see her face better. That got Krystal blushing more and so she looks down, it felt like his stares are just getting more intense by the moment. But Leo won’t have it. So he pulls her chin up with his right hand, until her own eyes are boring into his’. She gave him a smile, in which he returned with a kiss. He smiles into the kiss when he felt Krystal kissing him back without a moment hesitation. He deepened the kiss, his hand going to Krystal’s back and pulling her closer, closing the small gap they have. When they finally pull apart, they were both still smiling but a little bit breathless. Leo puts his forehead against hers, hugging her close and not wanting to let go.

“You know this is cheesy right?” Krystal says, her breathing becoming normal again.

“And you know you like it, princess.” Leo says, pecking as he did so.

Krystal shakes her head with a smile, breaking the hug. Leo pouts, making her laugh. “You need to go.” She reasons, “It’s late, oppa.” Leo chokes on air at the word ‘oppa’. He scoffs at her, “You really know how to surprise me.” She giggles, “You know you like it.” They both laugh softly and Leo pulls her in for another hug. This time none of them want to let go. Well, not until…

“DAD! KRYSTAL IS KISSING AT THE FRONT GATE!!” Jessica shouts, making the two jump away from each other. “UNNIE!!” Krystal shrieks, reddening. “APPA! SHE’S LYING!” Krystal grabs her bag from the ground and sprint after her sister, leaving Leo outside, face red like a tomato. Knowing she won’t come back, he hops into his car. Hoping that Krystal managed to stop her sister from telling their father.

***

“We have to break them apart.”

“I can’t stand this anymore!”

“I am this close to vomiting.”

“Yeah? Well I am this close to throwing them both off a cliff!”

Victoria and N chuckled at everyone’s reaction to the new side of Leo and Krystal.

“Unnie, are you literally laughing right now? In this situation? Really?” Sulli ranted, her eyes almost bulging out of its sockets. Hyuk nods vigorously beside her, “This is a very serious matter, hyung! How can you even smile?!” N just laughs even more.

This is what happened; Leo and Krystal does PDA (Public Display of Affection) now, thing is….it’s been a bit too extreme lately. Sure, holding hands and hugging are accepted. But lately, Krystal seems to prefer Leo’s lap rather than her own chair. Or the fact that Leo loves to kiss Krystal whenever he feels like it. Or maybe even the time when they can be found snuggling close to each other even though there are people in the same room as them. And usually, those people are their friends. And excluding Victoria and N, everybody has had enough.

“Do I do this much skin ship with Onew oppa?” Luna asks, sincerely curious. They are all currently in the living room, watching as Leo and Krystal make them drinks. Leo can even give her back hugs just by doing drinks! It annoys them even more because Krystal doesn’t even mind it, in fact, she looks as if she through fully enjoys them.

“Can they at least, I don’t know, restrain themselves when we’re here?” Ravi says to no one particular.

“Ugh, tell me about it.” Hongbin agrees, rolling his eyes for the millionth time.

“I don’t know, I like seeing them like this though.” Ken suddenly speaks up. Making everyone scoff. “Yah, you know deep down you’re all relieved that they’re still together.”

“Yeah, but some of us do not want to be reminded of that every. single. day.” Amber retorts.

They didn’t even look away when Leo and Krystal walked over with the drinks. “You know we can perfectly hear you right?” Leo says, pecking Krystal’s cheek just to irritate them on purpose. Hongbin made a face, “ew, hyung!” Leo laughs as Krystal reddens.

“You guys are just jealous.” Krystal says, putting down the drinks. Sulli scoffs, “Heol, getting cocky , are we Soojung?” Krystal only smirks. “Just admit it.” Leo continues, taking a seat at the sofa. Krystal sitting on his lap as if it was natural (it is). “You guys are just lonely little people. Soojung and I are just here to remind you every day.” He smirks when everyone made several vomiting sounds.

***

Days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months and the months turn into a year.

The Leo and Krystal relationship survived yet another year. This time, there was less drama when Leo told Krystal he would be studying in Paris with his sister. They were more understanding about the fact that they can’t be with together all the time. But they trust each other, and knew it would be for the better. So Krystal helped the boys to arrange a farewell party for Leo and Leo asked the girls’ help on what to buy for Krystal’s congratulatory present (She manage to go to that college with Sulli).

Sure, there were fights and more misunderstandings. What couple doesn’t go through that? But this time, they stopped ignoring their problems and have started to face them. They have stopped pretending everything is okay when things aren’t. And they have started to rely on their friends to help them more.

The Leo and Krystal now are barely the Leo and Krystal everyone knows back in high school. Sure their relationship is saved and it grew stronger. But it isn’t only that. They have both grow as their own person. They have begun to crack their own shells, and understand themselves more. Understand everyone else more.

So now, as Leo hugs Krystal for the last time before he boards the plane to Paris, there were no sad tears (Except for N who was bawling his eyes out) and no angry goodbyes. Krystal is just happy for him.

“Be careful there. And remember to take lots of rest.” Krystal reminds him. Leo nods, kissing her forehead, “And you don’t forget to eat on time, princess. I’ll call you when I’ve arrived.” Krystal smiles, “I’ll wait for the call, oppa.” Leo chuckles and almost choked again. She likes surprising him like that. One more hug. One more kiss. And Leo was out the door.

“You can stop the crying act now.” Victoria tells N when everyone was figuring out where to eat. N chuckles and wiped his fake (and some sincere) tears. “They’ll be okay now, right?” He asks, his tone turning serious. Victoria can only nod, “They were always okay. They just needed the push.” N smiles, agreeing wholeheartedly.

 

 

-Fin-

 

A/n: So here it is, the final chapter for Hush! Thank you all for the subs, upvote and comments! Thank you for those who waited for new updates and stayed until this story is finished. I wrote this becasue I enjoyed writing, so I hope you guys enjoyed reading it too. Thanks again guys, love ya! <3 (Send virtual hearts)

Ps: I DID proofread this. Just not....properly XD I actually have exam trials starting tomorrow lol. Well, I hope you still enjoyed it! =)