Chapter six

Hush.

Krystal kept on walking even when the rain got heavier. She didn’t even care at this point. The street was emptying now that the rain was pouring heavily and everyone is trying to take cover. She didn’t need to wipe her tears because the rain itself was wetting her whole body.

            She was just coming out of the bathroom when she heard Leo made the call. He was meeting Luna in their usual café. Lucky her she knows where it was. She was curious to why he wanted to meet Luna. After Leo left she took her time before following suit, waiting in the car until she saw Luna coming, along with Victoria, Amber and Sulli. This made her more curious than she already was. From the looks of it, Leo wasn’t aware that three other girls were also coming. Making sure the timing was right; Krystal entered the café as natural as possible and seated herself beside Leo’s table. And that was when she heard everything.

            She couldn’t believe her ears. No, she did not want to believe it. All these years she blamed them for her misery. She blames them for her loneliness. It can’t just be a misunderstanding. It can’t be……

            Two hands stopped her from walking further. Two, very familiar hands were holding her shoulders, stopping her. Without even looking up, Krystal buried her head in Leo’s chest, the heavy rain drowning her tears. Leo hugged her tight, trying to shield her from the rain. He was soaked himself. After a while, he leads Krystal inside his car. Finding a dry towel and his extra jacket, he dried Krystal up and made her wear his jacket. She oblige, still lost in thought.

            “Go and take a shower before you catch a cold.” Leo told Krystal when they arrived in his apartment. She nods, slowly entering the shower. Leo sighs as he dried himself with a towel, shivering because of the cold. While Krystal was still in the shower, his phone rang. A very worried Luna was at the other end.

            “Did you find her? How is she? Is she angry?”

            “I found her.” Leo answered her first question.

            “Really? Where are you now?”

            “I’m not sure it’s best for you to come here.”

            “Tell me where you are Jung Taekwoon. We’re ending this today whether you like it or not. Two years are far too long for us.” It was the first time Leo heard Luna use that tone on him. She was Luna after all; happy go lucky Luna who was always smiling and ready to help everyone. It was rare for Leo, too rare.

            “W-we’re at my apartment. She’s taking a shower right now, the rain hit us hard.” He told her, a bit too formal than normal.

            “We’re coming over.” Luna said and hung up. Leo looked at his phone after the call. What did he just do? Did she just say they were coming over? He looked over at his bathroom and hoped that Krystal will take a bit longer to finish. Maybe he can persuade them to leave before she finished. He didn’t wait long though, the door knocked after a few minutes of waiting. He opened the door and before he can say anything else Luna pushed the door and barge inside. He stumbled backward, damn, he didn’t know Luna can be this strong.

            “Noona, listen. I don’t think this is a good idea.” Leo starts, glancing back at the bathroom to make sure that Krystal wasn’t finish yet.

            “No, you listen Taekwoon. I’m not going to settle for your talks today. I’m not leaving until we can talk to Soojung.” Leo looked flustered for the first time in front of Luna. She was using her age to force him to let her stay. Sometimes being older gives you an advantage.

            “Noona, I just think Krystal needs tim-”

            “Is two years not enough Taekwoon? This day will come sooner or later, I’m not backing down. Not today. Come in girls.” The girls who were too polite to barge in someone’s apartment slowly walked inside. Leo realized that they were all older than him except for Sulli who was the same age as him.

            “Victoria-shi, please be reasonable. Krystal won’t be able to listen to you guys well especially in this kind of mood.” Leo turned to the oldest for help. But Victoria stood still.

            “I’m sorry Leo-shi but it has to be today. We can’t delay this much longer. We will not delay this anymore.” She repeated more firmly. Leo sighs and looks over at Amber and Sulli who seem to think the same. This won’t be pretty. What if Krystal comes out and-

            “What’s with all the commotion-” Krystal froze as she saw all four of her friends in the same apartment as her. She looked at Leo who was standing there not knowing what to do. Looking lost for the first time ever since she met him. She was going to take her time while showering but remembered that Leo needed to shower too. She wished she had stayed inside longer.

            Sulli was the first to approach her. Leo watch as Sulli walked faster and hugged Krystal who was still in her bathing robe. The other three followed as they too went to hug Krystal.

            “Yah, you little dummy. How can you do that to us?” Sulli’s voice was muffled by the group hug. Krystal sniffed, trying to hold her tears.

“We’re sorry, okay? How can you moved without telling us? How can you change you phone number just like that?” Came Amber’s voice.

            “We didn’t know. It was stupid for me, for us to do that to you. But you don’t just shut us off like that Jung Soo Jung.” Luna’s voice barely audible as she began to cry.

            Victoria broke the long hug and cupped Krystal’s face, wiping Krystal’s tears as she look at her in the eye. “We’re here now. We won’t be leaving you anymore. Oh, I’m so sorry Soojung-ah.” Victoria once again hugged Krystal tightly. The other three was already wiping their own tears. Everyone seems to be in tears. Krystal sniffed and looked at the ground, not saying anything for a while. Victoria was no longer holding her; instead, she stood in front of Krystal with the other three, waiting patiently for her to say something.

            “I’m sorry. I thought you guys left me for good. I thought that you didn’t want me anymore because I don’t have my rich family with me. I just thought that…” Krystal slowly looked up, lost for words. She was very sorry at how she had reacted when they were all leaving. She was too selfish. All she thought about was herself. She had never even once thought that Victoria and Amber might be homesick and wanted to return to their family. She only cared for herself when she wanted Luna and Sulli to stay with her instead of furthering their studies or being with their family. She was indeed selfish…

            Amber suddenly broke into a soft sincere smile. She went and hugged Krystal once more. “It’s okay Krys. You don’t have to be sorry. We should’ve been more considerate.” Amber pulled away and look at her friend, “We’re cool now?” She said with a cheeky smile. When Krystal didn’t answer, Amber began poking her, “Yah, I’m asking you a question. Are we cool now?” She asks the question again while playfully poking Krystal everywhere. Krystal broke into a smile. And then laugh when Amber began tickling her, Victoria, Luna and Sulli joining the fun.

            “This is your freaking punishment Jung Soo Jung!” Amber shouts as she picks Krystal up and began spinning her in a dangerously fast pace. They almost fell down to the floor. Victoria was quick to stop them. “Yah! That was dangerous. No more games like that!” The girls laughed at her nagging. As Amber received a slap on the shoulder by Victoria, Luna and Sulli held Krystal’s hand and hugged her again. “Why are you guys always hugging me?” Krystal said with a soft giggle. She didn’t mind of course. Not even a little bit.

            An awkward cough made them turn to Leo. Right, they forgot he was even there. Krystal’s eyes widen and suddenly shouted, “Yah! You need to go wash up before you catch a cold!” The girls looked at each other in amusement, is their Krystal really nagging someone else other than them? “Go, go, go!” Krystal said as she pushed Leo into the bathroom. It was definitely a rare sight to all of them.

            Leo entered the bathroom with a bewildered face. What just happened back there? Did the girls just make up? Is that how girls usually make up? This is confusing him. Everyone was saying sorry until he didn’t even know who was at fault. Thinking that a shower might help, he quickly adjusted the heat and showered.

            “Go and changed first. I’m going to the store to buy you guys some meds.” Victoria said going out the door. Like a mum she knows what was best for them all. Amber wanted to come with her but Victoria brushed it off saying that staying with Krystal was more important. Krystal on the other hand nodded and went to change her clothes.

            “I’ll make some hot cocoa for us, cocoa is good right?” Krystal asks as she came out of the room. The girls who were already feeling at home nodded.  Luna was showing Amber Leo’s art work as Sulli went to help Krystal.

            “So, what are you doing now after graduation?” Sulli asks as she poured hot water into the jug. “I’m playing the piano now.” Krystal told Sulli.

            “Professionally?” Sulli asks. She always knew Krystal could play, but the girl was too shy and down to earth to ever say that she was good at it. That was back then at least. Krystal nodded.

            “I just finished my second piece not too long ago.” Sulli’s eyes lit up and she almost jumped.

            “Omo, you mean someone is buying your music? That’s so cool!” Krystal blushed at the compliment.

            “What’s cool?” Amber suddenly showed up, Luna beside her.

            “Krystal is playing the piano now!” Sulli announced excitedly.

            “It’s nothing really.” Krystal said but Sulli gave her a look.

            “It’s not nothing. She just sold two of her own music! I mean piece, oh whatever, but isn’t it cool?!” Sulli was really jumping up and down excitedly now.

            “Whoaa, Jung Soo Jung. Why didn’t you tell us that you were going to be an artist?” Amber began to . Krystal’s face was definitely turning pink now.

            “Eyy, what do you mean by artist? It is only my second piece.” Krystal said, bringing the hot drinks to the table. The girls followed her.

            “Well, you started with zero in the beginning right? Everyone starts like that Soojung ah.” Luna told her. Krystal did not know that she would be receiving so many compliments today. Just then Leo came out of the bathroom, making all of them look at him. He quickly walks towards his bedroom awkwardly.

            “Yah, why where you all staring at him like that?” Krystal said trying to change the topic. But Amber wasn’t done teasing her.

            “Oh don’t worry Soojung. We won’t touch your man.” Krystal was now red at Amber’s choice of words.

            “W-what do you mean by m-my m-man?!” Her stuttering erupted laughter. A knock on the door made Krystal run in a flash to open it, trying to flee from the scene.

            “Unnie, you’re back!” Krystal said a bit too cheerful. Victoria raised an eyebrow, wondering what happened while she was gone. As she put the medicine on the table, Leo came out from his room.

            “Oh, Krystal’s ma-” Krystal quickly clasp hand over Amber’s mouth, stopping her from talking. Luna and Sulli burst into a fit of giggles. Victoria smiled, catching up on the situation. Leo on the other hand still has no idea what was happening.

            “Come and sit with us Leo-shi. I bought some meds to prevent you two from falling sick.” Leo wore a look that says, ‘should I leave you all alone?’ But Victoria smiled and still ushered him to sit. He took a seat next to Krystal. Amber and Sulli immediately began to nudge Krystal, whispering things that Leo couldn’t hear. Luna giggled next to Victoria; so different from the Luna just now. Did he miss something, somehow? Girls are so weird. They all look like they have never fought. Suddenly the atmosphere was lighter and the tension was gone. Just then Amber nudges Krystal.

            “Aren’t you going to introduce your boyfriend to us?” Amber asks with a glint of amusement in her eyes. Sulli giggled again by her side. “Yeah, he needs to get our blessing first you know.”

            “Er, you guys already know him. I’m sure Luna already told you who he is.” Krystal said awkwardly. She can’t believe she’s letting her friends cornering her like this.

            “I just told them that Taekwoon there is my childhood friend, not more, not less.” Krystal sent Luna a glare as she joined the fun. Krystal heaves a sigh.

            “Fine. Girls, this is Jung Taekwoon. Known as Leo. He’s my-” Krystal looked at Leo as she said, “boyfriend.” She had never said that out loud before. She just assumes people would know, or wouldn’t care.

            “Leo, this is my friends-” Krystal starts but Amber cut her with a teasing smile. “No, no, no. Best friends.” Amber corrected her. Krystal rolled her eyes but smiled.

            “Fine. My best friends, Victoria, Amber, Luna, and Sulli.”

            “Leo my man! Nice to meet you, you’ll be seeing me a lot from now on.” Amber said hi-fiving him, which took Leo by surprise. Sulli smiled sweetly and bowed her head. “You’ll be seeing me a lot from now on too. It’s nice meeting you.”

            “Actually, you’ll be seeing us all a lot from now on. I’m afraid you couldn’t spend all your free time with her anymore. We would be stealing her from you from time to time now. Is that okay?” Victoria smiled as she sipped her cocoa. Leo was basically thunderstruck as to what just happened. He blink his eyes but nodded anyway. “Y-yeah. Er, sure… I guess?” Luna held down a laugh. Leo was losing his cool as of right now.

            Below the table, Krystal took his hand and squeezed it. She lean near his ear and whispered, “They are always like this. Sorry.” Leo smiled at her reassuringly. He didn’t know what just happened, but it was clear that everything was good now. Krystal looks happy to have her friends back and vice versa. That was all that matters then, he thought with a smile.

            The two ate the medicine that Victoria bought for them. “I also bought extra for you Leo-shi and Soojung of course. Since she’s staying with you.” Victoria packed the medicine neatly and handed them to Leo who accepted them without much fuss, he has a feeling she won’t take no for an answer.

            After the hot cocoa and a few small talks which of course consist of Leo and Krystal listening most of the time, Victoria stood up to leave.

            “We should get going now. Thank you for having us even though we just barge in like that.” Victoria said with a smile.

            “You paintings are awesome dude, teach me a few tricks next time okay?” Amber said while patting Leo’s shoulder.

            “Bye Taekwoon. Thanks for today. You’ve been great.” Luna told him with a warm smile. As the girls prepare to leave, Sulli was helping Krystal pack because she was coming with them to sleepover at Victoria’s place. Sulli took Krystal suitcase for her, “We’ll be waiting in the car. Goodbye Leo-shi.” Sulli smiled and left the two alone.

            The moment she was gone Leo heaves a big relief sigh. “That’s some friends you got there.” He told Krystal. Krystal nods.

            “Yeah. I know. By the way, you have to get to use to Amber being like that, she’s from America and is very outgoing.” Leo smiled.

            “I can get use to that. I have Hakyeon for a friend for all these years after all.” Krystal smiled back. 

            “Thank you, for today. It means a lot to me, having my friends back. Clearing all the misunderstandings. I don’t think I can thank you enough.”

            “You don’t have to Krys. I think you guys would clear it by yourselves without my help too. You have great friends. Especially if you can act like that after just a few minutes after making up. I mean, that was awesome.” Krystal laughs softly.

            “Is it really okay for me to leave you tonight? I mean, it’s so sudden. I didn’t mean to-”

            “Oh stop worrying. I had you for myself for so many nights already.” Okay, that sounded a bit wrong. He coughs. “I mean, we can meet again later okay? It’s not like you’re leaving the country princess.”

            “Mhmmm, I guess so. So you’ll be okay?”

            “Yes, yes. I’ll be okay. I do live alone, remember?” Krystal smiled again.

            “Okay. Call me later?” Leo lean in and kissed her forehead before she leaves.

            “I’ll call you later.” He confirms. Krystal left the apartment with her heart beating fast. She might look calm when he kissed her, but inside she was screaming. Screaming with joy and happiness. She was all smiles as she entered Victoria’s car.

            “He kissed you didn’t he??” Amber said the moment she closed the door. Krystal puts a finger to her lips., “Shhhh, stupid.” Amber rolled her eyes. “It’s not like he can hear us from here, gosh.” Krystal smacks her shoulder.

            “Did he really kiss you?” asks Sulli. Krystal smiled again at the memory. “Don’t get any ideas though girls. It was only on my forehead.” Krystal told them but was already looking dreamily outside.

***

            “Come in, tell me you bought dinner.” Leo opened the door to let N and Onew in. N smiled widely and showed Leo two plastic bags. “Chicken and beer for tonight!” He announced with a grin.

            “Your place sure looks cleaner. Did you hire a maid?” asks Onew as he sat on the couch.

            “A maid, hyung? Why would I hire a maid?” Leo said helping N with their dinner.

            “Krystal has been staying with him for a few days now.” N told him. Onew raised an eyebrow as Leo cast him a look. N shrugs innocently.

            “Are you guys taking it to the next level or something? Even Luna and I have never-”

            “Hyung please, it’s not like that.” Leo quickly said as N suppressed a chuckle. “She just needs a place to crash.”

            “That’s how it all starts.” Onew said with a teasing smile. Leo groans. Great, now he was being cornered by his friends.

            “Did Luna perhaps tell you what happened today?” Leo asks as they began to eat, trying to change the subject to something else. Onew nodded and N quickly at the both of them curiously.

            “What happened today?” He asks. Onew and Leo just glance at each other and decided not to answer him.

            “Yah, why do I not know about this? This is not fair, how come Onew hyung knows about it?” They were still not telling him.

            “Okay, I’m really not going to stop talking until you tell me what happened from A to Z. Don’t tell me I can’t cause you know how much I can talk, or rather, how long I can talk. I promise you, you won’t even be able to focus on the TV-”

            “Fine! Just shut up.” Leo said giving up. N grinned cheekily.

            “So, what happened?” he asks again. So, with that Leo told him what happened today in the simplest way possible.

            “So, our childhood friend Luna noona who Onew hyung is dating is best friends with Krystal who you are dating? Wow, what a small world.” Was N’s first comment. Onew laughs as Leo shook his head. Of all the things he told him, that was the one that interest him the much. Why was he not surprised?

            “Yah,” Onew flicked N’s forehead, “That’s not the important part. The important part is that Krystal got her friends back today with Leo’s help.” N the nodded as if this was news to him.

            “Ahhh, so it’s like that.” N said again. Leo shook his head again.

            “You know what’s the weird thing was though? One minute Krystal was running away from them, and the next one was all of them together apologizing and hugging and then suddenly there was nothing wrong anymore. It’s like the problem just went away just like that. They didn’t just become friends again, they just jump into being best friends again.” Onew laughs at Leo’s bewilderment. This is what happens when you only have boys as friends.

            “Hyung, why are you laughing? They didn’t talk for two whole years. How is that possible?”

            “Oh Taekwoon. Don’t you understand? It was all just a big misunderstanding. Both sides mean no harm. It’s obvious that they still care for Krystal dearly. Krystal just shut them off without understanding why they really left. The problem was lack of communication, that’s all.” Onew tried to explain to him.

            “Oh, why bother understanding girls? Didn’t you say the most important thing was them being together again?” N suddenly said. “Now, where’s the remote? There’s a match we need to watch tonight.”

            The boys accompanied Leo for the night, Onew leaving while N stayed because he didn’t want to go home smelling like alcohol.

            “Good night boys.” Onew said as he takes his leave.

            “Drive safely hyung.” N and Leo said to him before closing the door.

***

            “You’ve got a nice place unnie.” Krystal commented as they all entered the condominium. “Thanks, it was a good price too. It helps that Amber decided to live with me so we’re splitting the price.” Victoria said with a smile.

            “Okay, for those who haven’t showered, go and clean yourself. Soojung? Set the table, I’ll make us kimchi fried rice for dinner tonight.

            “Yay!” Amber shouted happily. Everyone was happy to be able to eat Victoria’s cooking which they miss so much already.

            Dinner was filled with talks about what they all have been doing lately. They were happy to know that Krystal was doing okay. She decided to tell them what just happened between her and her family. Not wanting to hide anything from them again.

            “So you haven’t been home then?” Sulli asks in concern. Krystal shook her head.

            “Are you sure you don’t want to go back?” Amber also asks.

            “No. At least not for now. I just don’t know how to handle all that. I mean my mum asked me to get married, it shocked the hell out of me. I’m not nearing that household for a while.”

            “Well, you can stay with Amber and me for the time being. I’ll be here all year round.” Victoria tells her.

            “You can stay at my place too.” Luna and Sulli said. Krystal smiled at all of them. Oh, how she missed her friends. It was so stupid to shut them off like that for two years. But like Amber said it was all in the past now. She’ll never let a misunderstanding like that get in the way of their friendship ever again.

            After listening to Krystal, they proceed to fill in Krystal with what was happening in their lives too. Amber and Luna are going to art schools and are now finding a way to audition to become a back dancer in a big company, hoping to be successful together now that they know what they want to do. Victoria was starting a fashion brand, making Sulli as her model. They’re currently starting small in Korea hence why Victoria was staying here for a while.

            “Do you want to do it together?” Sulli asks Krystal.

            “What?”

            “The modeling thing for Vic unnie’s brand. Let’s do it together, okay? Pleaseeee~” The girls laugh at Sullis’ aegyo.

            “Oh I don’t know Ssul. I mean, I don’t think I’m pretty enough-”

            “Don’t be ridiculous Soojung, you’re beautiful. You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to though. I know you’re shy.” Victoria said.

            “Hey, I’m shy too but I’m still doing it.” Sulli said with a pout.

            “That’s because you still don’t know what you’re going to do with your life yet.” Luna told her. Sulli put out her tongue to Luna.

            “If I become famous I’ll pretend not to know you unnie.” Sulli said jokingly. Amber and Luna rolled their eyes. But they know it wasn’t entirely impossible; tall, slim and beautiful, Sulli definitely has what it takes to be a successful model.

            “Besides, I think I’m going to art school too. Why don’t we go together Soojung? I’m sure they have piano class for you too.” Krystal thought it was a great idea for them to go to school together.

            As they talk and joke around some more, Krystal smiled at the scene.

            It was already late at night when Victoria told them to call it a night. They decided to sleep together in the living room. Cuddled together in the cold night, Krystal knew she wouldn’t exchange her friends for anything else. She will forever grateful to have friends like them.

 

 

A/n: Okay, this chapter was filled with f(bond). Haha. Have you heard about f(ans) being NOT nameless anymore? Yeah we finally have a name now. Well, I hope you enjoyed this sort of short chapter (compared to the rest, i think?) that is filled with friendships. They'll be more Krystal x Leo in the next chapter I should think. Thank you for all the new subscribers again, you guys rock. Thank you for stopping by! (:

#MeU <3

p/s: A birthday shoutout for our leader Victoria jiejie! Hands down of of the best leader out there for me, working so hard for f(x). Even with her busy schedule in China, she actually manages to learn all the dance moves in like, 4 days. Queentoria rocks. Leaving for China again after the concert, us MeUs hope that she stays healthy. <3