Chapter eleven

Hush.

            “We can’t find her anywhere.”

            “We can’t find him either.”

            The group of friends was gathering together again on the night Leo and Krystal broke up.

            “What do we do now? Did we really break them up?” Sulli said, tears already forming. The others sigh.

            “I’m sure it was just a slip of a tongue. Krystal noona doesn’t really mean what she says…right?” Hyuk spoke, trying to think positive. The others didn’t know what to answer him, so they didn’t say anything.

            “Will he really leave though?” Amber asks. “I mean, is he really going to leave her?” They all look at her at that. They don’t know the answer to that too.

            “This is all my fault. I should have never given the idea.” Said Victoria, looking down in guilt.

            “I suppose it’s our fault too then, we’re the one who agreed.” N said.

            “But I was the one who suggested the ide-” Victoria said before being interrupted by Ken.

            “This is all our faults okay? We should just that one up and try to fix this mess.” It was the first time Ken was close to being rude. But everyone understands why he’s like that. Victoria sighs, “Okay, you’re right. I’m sorry.”

            Ken sighs too, “I’m sorry too. It’s just that…Hyung really likes Krystal noona. Like a lot. I can see it in his eyes, in the way he acts with us. He’s improved so much in such a short amount of time, and I know we all know it’s because of Krystal noona. He’s never been that openly affectionate with us before and I hate it if he shuts himself down again, it might even get worse this time.” N pats Ken’s back. “We know buddy. I’m sure the girls feel the same too.”

            “He’s right. Without Leo’s help, we would’ve never reconciled. We owe him one. And I’m sure Krystal likes him a lot too.” Amber said.

            “Are we still going to do something about it though?” Ravi asks.

            “What if we make matters worse?” Hongbin said before anyone can answer.

            “Maybe we should let it be this time?” Luna said in a small voice. “We can’t do anything else. Now can’t we? They won’t listen to us anymore, not after this. And I don’t want to lose Soojung again.”

            “But we did this, shouldn’t we at least try?” Ken said.                       

            And so try they did. Every day after that, the boys will try and talk to Leo about it. They would call, leave him texts and even visit him and just talk through the door that he would still not open for them. The girls on the hand were a bit more careful with Krystal. Thankfully, she didn’t shut them off for too long. But whenever they bring the subject off, she would change the subject or leave.

            So no, no matter how much effort they put into it, it doesn’t work. And the time for Leo to leave was getting closer too.

***

            Krystal sat down on her bed in her own apartment. She was so used to having Leo with her that she actually feels empty. It’s been a while now. And there wasn’t even a text from him. Not that she was expecting it from him anyway. All she had been doing lately is moping around all day trying to shake off this empty feeling inside of her. It didn’t work. Even though she can sometimes ignore the feeling while doing her music, the feelings always return every night. Not letting her sleep a wink.

            And so she started to walk at night. At first it was only to the rooftop, but then it didn’t work too well after a while. So she walked around her apartment building area. But when she was still too restless, she resulted in walking an hour away from her building. Which means it’ll take for her to walk another hour for her to get back to her apartment. Her nights are practically spent walking for about 2-3 hours and then she’ll go to the rooftop before finally sleeping on her couch from exhaustion, she never reaches her bed anymore. It’s the only way she can fall asleep; from exhaustion.

            Slowly, she formed a routine. A routine in life that doesn’t involve Leo. She was back to only doing music and sometimes hanging out with her friends. It was the night when everything was starting to sink in once again. It was a big splash of reality when she realizes that Leo was going to leave tomorrow.

            Tomorrow.

As usual, she was at the rooftop at 4 am after her walk. This time she was clutching her phone in her hand, crying as she deny the fact that she wants Leo to call her. To tell her that everything was just a stupid mistake and that he was coming back to her. That he was coming back and never leave her. Just like he promised.

            Her head shot up and her eyes snaps open when her phone started ringing. Is it him? Is he finally-

            “.” She cursed out loud when she saw who it is. Even though it was the last thing she wanted to do, she answered the call. “Yes?”

            “Soojung honey, it’s mum.”

            “I know.” Krystal’s voice was curt. Isn’t her mum ever tired of faking her annoyingly cheerful voice?

            “I’m sorry I woke you up so early,” Ha, I haven’t even slept. “The family is coming over tomorrow morning. And I’m calling you personally so you can, ah, come get us over at the airport?” Pick them up at the airport? “Is this another show you’re putting up?” This type of show was rare, your mum knows how to keep you in the shadows. “Soojung dear, it’s a public appearance that’s all.” Krystal scoffs. “Look,” Her mum drop her cheerful act. “I just need you to come there and look presentable, okay? It’s not just for me, your brother needs some image cleansing for the family business too.” Krystal wants to scoff again but held it in, so she rolled her eyes instead. Her mum can’t see that at least. “Your dad is coming too. Apparently he has an exhibition there in Seoul the day after. So the timing is perfect, don’t mess this up.” Krystal finally sighs, “Fine. It better be quick.” And she hung up. She almost threw her phone, almost. But gathering herself up like she does every day, she breath out a big breath and went back to her apartment to sleep.

            Only sleep didn’t come. She stayed awake until she had to go to work. As in go do her music again. She’ll be at the airport the day Leo leaves. What time will he be there? Will they meet up? If they do…will she try and stop him?

***

            Leo finally stopped drinking in the daytime to start on his painting again. It felt like he was learning from scratch again. But he survived. He finished his last few lessons because he will be leaving soon. Soon as in tomorrow.

            He’s leaving.

            He will leave.

            He doesn’t want to leave.

            And yet he had a flight tomorrow.

            Leo threw the paintbrush that he was packing and went to his fridge for some more soju. There was none. He finished them all. He walked over the broken pieces of glasses to get his jacket in his room. His room is the only ‘clean’ place in the house. Clean as in untouched by the broken glasses or clean as in he doesn’t go in except for a change of clothes. Krystal’s scent is still on his sheets and it was just too much to take in.

            Glancing at the clock, he realized that it was only 10 o’clock and he only began packing 30 minutes ago. After using his jacket, he opened his apartment door and was surprised to see N and Luna arguing in loud whispers in front of him.

            “Taekwoon.” Luna gasps at the sight of him. His hair was longer, he hasn’t shaved and he smelled like alcohol. N accepted the sight better. He knew his friend was not handling this any better than Krystal is. Damn, why do they have to make it so damn complicated?

            Leo didn’t greet them and just went straight for the stairs. “Where are you going??” Luna calls after him but he ignored her.

            Luna bit her lips to stop them from trembling. Seeing Taekwoon like this scares her. It scares her to bits. “He probably ran out of soju. Why don’t you stay here while I go get him, okay noona?” N left before Luna can answer. Watching him leave, Luna went inside the apartment; only to gasp in horror at the sight.

            Pieces of broken glasses were everywhere. On the ground and even on the walls. There was a strong stench of alcohol in the whole room. Luna had to pinch her nose to actually enter. The dishes were left on the sink, there was no proper food in the fridge. Only the bedroom seems untouched. Luna stayed there, in the middle of the room, hand still pinching her nose as she tries to take it all in.

            There was one more room she still hasn’t checked. The painting room. Before she can bring herself to open the door, someone else had enter the room.

            “Sunyoung?” The person calls out.

            “Oppa, here.” Onew looked around and saw Luna standing outside the painting room’s door. Like N, he was fast to accept what is happening. Doesn’t stop him from feeling the shock of the apartment’s state. This kid really is a mess, he thought.

            “You okay?” Onew asked her as he went nearer. Luna looked around the place and shook her head. She was, once again, on the verge of tears.

            “Shhh, they’ll be okay. Taekwoon will hear us out.” Onew said hugging his girlfriend until she finally relaxes. “But let’s leave this door out, okay?” Luna nodded and followed Onew to sit on the messy couch. They had to be careful with the glasses and had to clean up the couch before they can sit on it too. Onew was glad Luna didn’t open the painting room's door because that room was the worse one. He checked on it when he and N went to get Leo out of the house to meet Krystal that day.

            It was bad then. He can’t imagine how it would be now. He never thought Leo could get this bad. He thought that he’ll get over it after a while, or at least stop breaking things. Guess the silent ones really do surprises them most.

            “Taekwoon! Yah!” Leo shrug N at the stairs where they are now on the way back to his apartment. “YOU ALMOST GOT HIT BY A CAR MAN!” N bellowed right in front of Leo’s apartment. Luna jumped at his voice.  That was when Leo finally stopped. N racked his hair in frustration. This is getting out of the line. “You,” N pointed at Leo’s chest. “Almost got hit by a damn car. Do you hear me? You could’ve died!” Leo kept his silence. Once again, reality was sinking in again. If N wasn’t there to pull him out of harm’s way, he really could’ve died.

            His apartment door opened to reveal Onew and Luna. Then suddenly he can hear the voices of his other friends from the stairs too.

            Ken, Ravi, Hongbin and Hyuk decided that they’ll try and talk to Leo for the last time too. They had trouble leaving their house but still manage. They called for N but he didn’t answer so they went on their own anyway. Only to find N looking vivid in front of Leo. They have never seen N so angry before. Ravi who was leading the way halted and so did the others. Hyuk hid behind Hongbin, clutching Hongbin’s shirt in fear. The tension in the air was so suffocating, it was choking them. All of them.

            Onew and Luna watch from the door as Leo glance at his friends. He’s neglecting them again. It was late into the night and yet they still manage to sneak off to talk some sense into him. He dropped the drinks to the ground as his tears trickle down his face. “Hyung…” Ken said, shock at the sight. This was so surreal, Leo crying, N angry… Everything just seem so unreal.

            “I’m sorry..” Leo choked out. N’s shoulder fell down on the sight of Leo breaking down. “It’s just… Everything is just…” But after all the times he drown his tears with alcohol, he finally let himself cry as he slid down to the ground. Only to be caught by N, and some other hands he realized are from his friends.

            “Let’s get you inside hyung.” Ravi said as they all helped him onto the bed. He was still crying.  He had never felt so vulnerable, so weak in front of his friends. He’s crying for goodness sakes. But barely caring at the moment, he gathers the sheet and hugged it as if he was hugging Krystal. Her scent is still here. He wishes she was still here. He wishes she was still his.

***

            Onew and Luna left Leo with his high school’s friends. Luna already has tears flowing down her cheek as she boarded Onew’s car. He pulled the seatbelt for her and she barely noticed.

            “We’re here, Sunyoung-ah.” Luna quickly wipes her tears when she saw that they were already in front of her house. Onew gave her his handkerchief when she began sniffing.

            “I’m sorry. I’m being such a crybaby and not even helping one bit.” She tells him, a pout on her lips. Onew caress her still wet cheek tenderly, “It’s okay. I don’t mind a crybaby.” He smiled. Luna pouts even more. She didn’t really mean it when she said she was a crybaby.

            “You’re cute, you know that?” Luna gave him a glare. This is so not time for a joke. “Still cute, not scary at all.” Onew teases her more.  “This is not the time oppa.” Luna said, she doesn’t know that she was still pouting. Onew bit back a smile. “I know, but I still wanted you to know that.” Luna finally broke into a shy smile. Gosh, this guy never stops huh? “Aaaannnddd, you smiled. There you go, that’s the beautiful Sunyoung that I know.” Luna kept her smile. “Thank you.” She said. “Aigooo~” Onew said, messing with her hair until she stops him. “You worry too much. They’ll get through this. It’s just a phase in a relationship. You know that as much as I do.” Luna pouts again but nodded, “I know. But still. Taekwoon scares me when he’s like that. And did you hear Hakyeon’s shout? They’ve never been like that before.”

            “I know that too. But it only shows how much love can affect someone. How much Krystal affect Taekwoon. It shows his friendship with his friends. Tough times highlight these stuff.”

            “I suppose.” Luna sighs.

            “Why don’t you go to sleep and we’ll see how things unfold tomorrow, okay? If I see some dark circles under your eye, I won’t take you there and lock you inside the house myself.” Luna looked at him disbelievingly, “You wouldn’t.” Onew smirked, “Oh yes I would. Now, please. Kiss me and go to sleep already.”

            Knowing he was serious because he really did do something similar in the past, Luna kissed him goodnight and went to bed just like he told her so. She was so tired she would sleep even if he didn’t ask her to.

            Onew meanwhile was trying to keep his thoughts to himself. He convinced Luna that everything was going to be alright, now he just hopes that things really would be alright tomorrow. 

 

 

 

A/N: Finished this late at night. Sorry for any mistakes. And yeah, I ended it with some Lunew haha. Again, thanks to the new subscribers! And welcome if there are any new readers. Comment on how the story is so far? I need some feedbacks if you guys can give me some. Thank you again, see ya at the next update!