Confusion

Inflicted Heartache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngbae’s second album was a success. He was thrilled.

He worked so long for ‘Rise’ to come up. He’s been preparing it for years before it finally landed. His hard work finally paid off and Youngbae was extremely blessed that his fans liked the music he had to offer.

Hyorin was there for him. She featured in one of the music videos and unlike the awkward first kissing scene he had, this one felt right because Hyorin was the one he kissed.

His BigBang family were there for him too. They supported him anyway they could. Seungri was there too. Only his presence was more ghostly. They still lived in the same apartment but he hardly saw him anymore.

Seungri circle of friends and girls was keeping him properly busy. Sometimes, he would hear him come in the late hours of the night drunkenly moving around the house. But Youngbae didn’t have time to wonder about Seungri. Youngbae was busy with his album, activities and tours.

YG made Seungri attend Youngbae’s naver starcast. Youngbae was supposed to do it alone but he was thankful he could have anyone with him. He would’ve made it awkward for him and for the viewers. Seungri is the best at handling those kind of things.

And he did handle it well, Youngbae thought. Seungri always made everything about him. Although he remarkably changed and matured in the last few years but Seungri will never get over his thirst for attention. He thrived on it.

In one of the journalist questions, they asked Seungri to choose between Youngbae and Jiyong. Youngbae froze not because he knew the answer but because he certainly didn’t want to hear it from Seungri’s lips.

To Youngbae’s utter surprise, Seungri chose him instead. But Youngbae didn’t pounder much on it. Seungri wasn’t that insensitive. Jiyong wasn’t here so Seungri diplomatically chose the one next to him.

When the live broadcast was over and they finished bidding their farewell to the staff and managers. Seungri started to his car leaving Youngbae behind.

“You didn’t have to lie back there.” Youngbae said. “Everyone knows you would pick Jiyong.”

“Well, everyone don’t know me.” Seungri said with his back to Youngbae. “You’re one of everyone hyung.”

Seungri turned slowly, a horrible scowl covering his features. “You continue judging me according to the image you drew in your head. You’re no different than the public who hates me following their invented analysis.”

“Now, wait a minute…” Youngbae began to inquire when his phone lit up. It was Hyorin.

Youngbae picked up, “Youngbae ah, you did so good tonight. I am so proud of you!”

Seungri eyed him in an odd familiar posture. Youngbae saw that same stance somewhere. But before he could remember Seungri huffed in defeat.

“Thanks honey.” Youngbae muttered watching Seungri get into the car.

“Wait!” Youngbae yelled tapping on Seungri’s window, “We need to talk mister.”

But Seungri ignored him, turned the engine and scurried away.

“Youngbae ah?” There was urgency in Hyorin’s voice. Damn Seungri, he made him forgot he was talking to her. “Is everything okay? Do you want me to call later?”

“No, everything is good. I will come by in a few.”

Youngbae hopped into his car and drove into the cool night’s air. Youngbae knew where he saw that posture before. A certain memory prickled Youngbae’s mind. It wasn’t to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter