Loser

Inflicted Heartache
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngbae was fulfilled. He was satisfied. He was better.

Every day was a new start and that in itself was refreshing.

Youngbae was extremely busy because of MADE’s promotions. It was BigBang’s long awaited comeback and he promised himself to make it up for the fans that were counting minutes to see them together again. They were all happy to be working side by side.

It was always gratifying to stand on the same stage as five. To embark on yet another world tour. To renew their connection with their fans.

Youngbae finally made his relationship public with Hyorin. He was glad for the support he received from everyone because Hyorin deserved that much.

Everything was looking good in Youngbae’s life. He was glad for all he had. He couldn’t ask for more. He only wishes things will stay this way.

But things don’t work out as Youngbae wishes. They never did.

One night Hyorin came into his apartment. He didn’t expect her so he was quite taken aback. She went into the living room and sat quietly. Youngbae had a bad feeling about this.

“Let’s end this Youngbae ah.” She calmly said.

“What are you talking about?” Youngbae knew exactly what she was talking about but he didn’t want to say it. Didn’t even want to understand it.

“You knew it was coming, didn’t you?” She smiled. “We were only delaying the inevitable.”

“No, Hyorin ah. Don’t say that.” Youngbae won’t allow this –couldn’t allow this. “I care about you. You know that.”

“I know. I also know that you don’t love me. I waited and waited but your heart doesn’t have a place for me. It’s stuffed.” Hyorin sad smile made Youngbae want to jump from the balcony. He didn’t deserve this angel let alone hurt her this way.

“Hyorin ah. Don’t be like this. If you leave me, I will be a mess.” Youngbae crouched by her side begging her to not shred his life in air.

“But you will survive.” She looked at him in the eye. “Unlike when Seungri had an accident, you would’ve willingly followed him to the grave if he died.”

“What…? No! He has nothing to do with us!” Youngbae shouted losing all control.

Hyorin patted his chest where his heart was internally aching. “Don’t lie to yourself Youngbae ah. You will only get hurt.”

“Why now? Why when we finally made it public and I sorted everything out?” Youngbae asked.

“I waited for you to end it. I thought you would after Seungri’s accident but you were stubborn and went along as if nothing happened. I couldn’t watch you live in denial any longer.” She paused. “And Youngbae ah, you didn’t sort anything out, you’re only diving into deeper denial.”

“Don’t go Hyorin. Please. I will change. I will…” Youngbae began but Hyorin put her index finger on his lips silencing him.

“I don’t want you to change. You’re perfect the way you are only not perfect for me.” She smiled. “Let’s keep our public status the way it is for now. I will always be your friend Youngbae ah, I will listen and talk to you if you like.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter