0.01

Twisting Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

"I'm on the high way to an unforgettable summa-ma-ma-ma!" Sehun was singing off key to the song he just made out of whim. He sure loved experimenting. But sometimes his voice won't cooperate with him. He's, I guess what I could call 'tone deaf' but it was always like Sehun didn't even hear everybody complain about it. So, if you ask me, it's not just today he sung like he was a dying walrus.

 

I chuckled as I hit his arm. "You sure are excited for this trip." I said, looking back at Minjee and Hana covering their ears, glaring at Sehun.

 

"Of course, this is like the first time we're going to see the others again." He said, drumming his fingers on the wheel.

 

An exasperated sigh echoed behind. Minjee was pissed, that when Sehun started singing off key again, she groaned loudly to be obvious. "Can you not Oh? We're as much excited as you are to see them but we're not killing you with our voices."

 

"Who's killing who with what?" Sehun said, squinting at the road ahead. "I sure am not." He denied, making Jinah snort from the back.

 

"You sure am!" Angered, Minjee shouted. Kyungsoo who was beside her stopped her when she tried to rake out Sehun's hair. "Kyung, don't stop me! Look how smug this monkey is!"

 

Chuckling, Sehun looked back at her during the red light. "You're just upset someone is better than you in singing." He smugly said, almost daring Minjee to attack him again.

 

"Are you?" Minjee almost scoffed.

 

"Are you?" Sehun mimicked, raising a brow at her.

 

"I—seriously. Are you challenging me?" Minjee was furious. Heck, the tone deaf guy just mocked her. I couldn't agree any better.

 

"And if I am?" The guys at the back cheered when Sehun didn't back down.

 

"Guys." Kyungsoo was the most level-headed, and like a mom he tried calming down everyone, but not even Sehun, our driver listened to him.

 

"Wanna try me?" Sehun grinned at her before looking at the time left on the stoplight. 15 seconds. He looked back.

 

Folding her arms, Minjee said, "Should we battle this out?" At this, Sehun shrugged and went back to focusing on the road. It was 6 seconds to a green light.

 

"Someone's easy pissy already and she cannot get over her inferiority!" He started singing, making even the girls at the back chuckle at his attempt to mock Minjee with his voice that was all shrilly, screechy, and of a failed attempt to falsetto. I was beside him, so it sounded really bad, of course. Really bad that I was hysterically laughing while telling him how awful his voice was. He took no grudge at least and just smiled at me.

 

Not backing down, Minjee answered his challenge with a song of her own. Hers wasn't any better. Really. "Someone's being so annoying, and I wonder how my best friend Soo could still be with him!" The boys at the back wooted and laughed while clapping like retarded seals at her retaliation.

 

"Man, don't dig up your own grave in this battle!" Chanyeol pitched in from the back.

 

Sehun smiled. He tapped his fingers on the wheel to an unheard rhythm he could only hear and started again, this time looking at me. "This guy is too perfect that your best friend is still with him. Even his voice is perfect when he siiiiiinggs!" He gave me a wink that made me a gooey giggling mess, and I made no effort to hide how giddy I was.

 

"Heck, you're not just off key but deaf too! Maybe you should get checked!"

 

"Tell me that again when I'm 40! You just can't accept that I am better than you!"

 

"God! Guys, can you stop and not damage our ears?!" Kyungsoo was pissed, and he seldom was. Minjee cowered beside him, pressing her lips to a thin line as she sunk into his chest. Her smile was her secret weapon at times like this, so she did, and the scowl on his face easily dissipated.

 

"Sorry, babe." She said, cooing him. Kyungsoo easily smiled, ruffling her hair and letting her snuggle closer to him.

 

"Just stop messing with Sehun. He's driving all of us, and I don't want him to be distracted from it. We can be in an accident if you don't stop." Minjee pouted. She understood but Kyungsoo was too much of a prick. 

 

Sometimes he's no fun at all, but that was his role. He was the buffer, neutralizer, of the group. And Minjee won't even win over him even if she's his girl. That's just how Kyungsoo is. But that's also the reason why I get along with him too. I was just like him. We're not one of those loud people. That way we connect best.

 

The trip back to Busan was smooth sailing without the off key singing battle. Sehun looked back at me from time to time, asking if I was okay or I was hungry. To all I said no, but when we pulled up at a rest stop, he still bought me food. Just like what he'd always do. Chanyeol and Luhan were with him, buying their own treat and the girls'.

 

We hit back the road in no time, occasionally pitching in stories that we had in the past. Memories we had back in high school since we all studied in the same place. We all once lived in Busan. And now we're coming back to a place that once was our home. Maybe it still is. I just don't know if it can still be called home when we already are settled in Seoul for about seven years now.

 

Was home only a place?

 

"Love, we're telling them tonight, alright?" Sehun asked, taking my hand in his and squeezing.

 

I looked back at him and smiled. "Of course. It's better this way than telling them later." He smiled back. I turned my attention to the view outside my window, I didn't remove my hand from his hold, however. We just stayed holding hands for a bit longer, him on the wheel, I playing with the silver band around my left ring finger. 

 

Soon I'll be marrying this guy. Soon we'll be united in front of the Lord. Soon we'll be making a family of our own. The thought made me happy. How could I not? I have waited for the very day he'll propose to me, and it happened 7 years later on my birthday. I can't be any happier. Sehun's my first and only love. And that's all I could ask for. Marrying him.

 

Sehun and I attended the same middle school and high school. He was one of the popular guys, along with Chanyeol and Luhan and their other friends. Just like anybody, I was drooling over him every time he passes the same hall as me, every time he does something funny, cool, or silly. It all appeared to me as fascinating. Sehun was the most perfect kind of guy to me that he could pass being in the 'Top 100 Handsome Men in the World Alive'; and maybe I would even name him number one—so much for being biased.

 

My feelings for him developed from a crush to love when we finally reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter