Chapter 9: Revelation

Keeping Secrets

            "They're...what?" I blinked a couple of times, not quite following Hongbin's vague explanation. "They like guys?"

            "Well yes...and no..." Hongbin scratched his head, frustrated.

            "They like both?" I continued.

            He sighed. "Okay, so it's hard to say exactly. They've dated girls before but in their case, it's not whether they like girls or boys -- it's just each other. Like it just has to be each other. If you believe in soul mates and all that...I think that's the only way I can describe it."

            "So...they just love each other but they're both in denial for some reason?" I was trying to piece everything together.

            "Hmm..." Hongbin pondered. "Yeah...so you believe me?"

            I gazed at the ground, overwhelmed. It wasn't that I didn't believe Hongbin -- it wasn't something he would make up and with the odd scenarios that have been happening lately, it was pretty plausible. It was truly shocking yet not shocking at the same time. When I truly thought about it, many of the little idiosyncrasies that I've noticed with their behavior seemed to be explained by the simple fact that they loved each other. How Leo let N hug him lovingly for extended periods of times. How I'd catch Leo watching our dance practices intently then run away shyly whenever N smiled towards him. How Leo's studio was the only one inside the dance studio rather than the forbidden hallway, despite his hatred of being bothered by people. Most importantly, it finally dawned on me that Leo's behavior aligned with being jealous of Hakyeon enjoying the trainees' attention too much when he returned. I felt Hongbin's eyes watching me warily as I worked through this new piece of information in my mind.

            "So...what does this have to do with me exactly?" I glanced up at him.

            He was staring at me worriedly, and I suddenly felt grateful that he trusted me with something that could potentially turn their careers and the entire company upside down. The weight of this secret was heavy indeed and he seemed hesitant to answer my question. 

            "The others don't know do they?" I questioned, remembering how Hongbin had stated that I was going to help him keep this before he went insane.

            Hongbin shook his head, clearly still concerned about my honest reaction.

            "Look I know you had feelings for Taekwoon hyung --"

            "Is that why you warned me?" I smiled, now realizing he had been looking out for me the entire time, even before we became friends. "At the super market?"

            Hongbin scratched the back of his head, "Well yeah...I didn't want you to get in too deep."

            "But why does it feel like I already am a big part of this conflict?" I raised an eyebrow.

            Hongbin sighed, knowing an explanation was unavoidable. "Well, let me start from the beginning then...will you listen?"

            I nodded, wanting to comfort the anxious VIXX member in front of me. I could tell he had been carrying this burden alone, watching out for his hyungs and protecting them, and keeping them in line.

            "Hongbin-ah." He glanced up at me, noticing my tone was stern and serious.

            "Let me help you." I smiled at him gently, wanting to take his hand to comfort him and demonstrate my genuine desire to ease his worries. But I wasn't sure how he'd react to that, being the clean, hygenic guy he was, and I didn't want to ruin the atmosphere of trust around us by "giving him germs". 

            He gazed at me, as if trying to judge whether I truly meant it, then he chuckled. He exhaled and got comfortable in his seat, which I mirrored, feeling that this was going to be a longgg story. 

            "So it all started when..." 


Author's Note: Sorry it's so short! It's been a busy week so I haven't had time to really sit down to write. I wanted to do this complete reveal justice, so I didn't want to rush it. But I felt keeping you all in suspense for a full week was cruel so I just revealed a snippet of it >< but I guess this ended in another cliffhanger haha Yay Neo!! ~ :)

So I plan to do the story of how Leo and N fell in love in their perspective since I want everyone to really understand how their relationship came to be. You'll also find out why the main character is involved in all this. So next chapter will be a flashback in a different POV-- please look forward to it! As always, thank you so much for subscribing and keeping up with my story ^^