Return

Keeping Secrets

            "I have RETURNED!" Cha Hakyeon looking as flawless and tanned as ever, burst through the door. His abrupt entrance stopped the class as I was about to begin the stretches. He picked up one leg to do his signature diva pose as he entered the practice room. On cue, all of the trainees hurried to swarm him, holding their letters about how much they missed him in his absence.

            "Aww ~" N cooed as he gratefully accepted their hugs and their handwritten messages as well as any compliments that were blurted out.

            I smiled, happy that my time as an instructor had finally come to an end. I glanced over at the corner where Hongbin and I had previously thrown our stuff and gotten water. Sadly, it was now spotless and empty. I chuckled to myself, thinking how Hongbin would actually be proud that it was clean for once. However, something caught my eye and brought me back to reality. Standing in front of his practice room was Jung Taekwoon. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and his gaze directed at Hakyeon being mobbed with affection.

            "Yes, yes. Compliments are welcome." N jested as he posed for selfies.

            I rolled my eyes, wondering when the novelty of being trained by well known idols would wear off for these people. I knew they were people and I wanted to get to know them on a more personal level rather than keeping them on a pedestal. Not many girls could say they had a chance to even converse with them so I surely did not want to miss the opportunity given to me. Thus was my mantra when I was accepted into Jellyfish. I continued to watch Leo from afar. His eyes never left N and it almost seemed to darken as the minutes went by. I looked over at N, who was taking his fan service to a new level today. With one swift motion, Leo whipped around and slammed his practice door behind him with force, but not loud enough to startle anyone...except me. I furrowed my brow at the VIXX leader's odd behavior then turned back at Leo's door, which seemed to be emanating dark aura now. I bit my lip and marched up to the door.

            All morning I had witnessed him whispering to the other members, asking if they had some time to listen to his new song. But everyone was in a rush and made empty promises of later. I had remained quiet, not sure if it would anger him more if a mere trainee volunteered in their stead. But now, I was going to jump in and take this time to get closer with him. I knocked on it and gently, Leo peeked out through the crack of the door. He gave me a questioning look.

            "I-um..." I blushed, being more incoherent in his presence than I imagined. "I heard you asking if someone had time to listen to your...new song...and well umm...I'm not really feeling the lovely huddle over there...." I chuckled awkwardly. "...so I don't mind giving it a listen?"

            Leo stared at me for a few seconds so I hurriedly added, "If you want me to of course!"

            He looked me up and down then nodded, opening the door to let me in. I caught him glare outside one more time before he shut the door quietly.

            "I-I'm _____" I introduced myself again.

            "I know." he sat down and crossed his legs in front of his keyboard.

            I blushed giddily, happy that he knew my name, not just my face. He gave a slight smile and looked down at the empty seat next to him. I took it as a sign that he wanted me to sit there so I did so timidly. It was just me and him. Alone. In a room. Alone. I take a deep breath, trying not to let my fantasies run wild. He leaned over and placed headphones on me. I stiffened at the proximity, trying not to look as panicked as I felt. I imagined Hongbin's wide, terrified eyes and hoped my face did not look like that. Leo gave me a questioning look and I gave him a thumbs up to go ahead. I wanted to slam my forehead into his keyboard. I could've cutely nodded or given him a smile, but no - I give him a thumbs up. He smiled and pressed enter on his computer. Soon, the room disappeared I was engulfed in his voice, his music, his lyrics. After listening to it three times, I finally took off headphones and grinned.

            "How was it?" he asked.

            "Well I expected it to be great already so I'm definitely not disappointed." I chuckled, giving myself a mental pat on the back for my amazing delivery.

            Leo fought back a smile and bowed his head shyly at your compliment.

            "What can I do?" he asked after he composed himself.

            "Can you play it out loud and I'll stop at the parts that sound like they need fine tuning?" I suggested.

            Leo nodded seriously and turned to his screen. After a few minutes of conversing and fumbling through my rusty music theory vocabulary, Leo nodded in approval as we listened to his more polished track. I smiled happily that he seemed to have agreed with my suggestions.

            "Well, I should head back." I said, sad that our time had to be cut off by my responsibilities as a trainee. "You think the mob dissipated?"

            Leo chuckled at my joke then handed me his phone.

            "Hm?" I glanced at him questioningly.

            "I liked your critique of my song." he stated and gestured to his phone. "I'll text you if I need a fresh ear again."

            I blushed and my hands inputted my number and called myself at the speed of light. I fought the urge to smack myself. This wasn't one of those dreams right? I looked down to check and exhaled in relief. I was wearing pants. Still flushed, I returned his phone and our hands lightly made contact.

            Then the door flung open.

            "Taekwoonie!" N sang happily as he entered the studio with his arms embracing all of his gifts. He paused and scanned the room. Leo smirked as he grabbed his phone back and used his leg to roll my chair closer to him. . "We were just working on something. Come back a little later."

            Now surely my eyes were bulging out of their sockets. Wasn't I just leaving? Why were our knees touching now? Why did he pull the chair closer? I felt dizzy.

            "Oh." N frowned then quickly grinned. "I see you've taken a liking to ____ too, hm?"

            Leo raised an eyebrow at him. N came over and hugged me from behind.

            "Well she's my little prodigy, so you can't have her."

            "You need to stop telling people that." I rolled my eyes. "All your members knew me as 'N's favorite'."

            "But you are ~" N rubbed his cheek against mine and I glared at him. "Practice isn't the same without you."

            Suddenly, Leo stood up and grabbed my wrist, roughly pulling me out of N's grasp. The force of his pull landed me face first into his chest and I hurriedly stumbled away before I instinctively buried my head there.

            "Jung Taekwoon." N stated threateningly as he grabbed my other wrist. "She's mine."

            "I need her." Leo commented nonchalantly, as he continued to pierce daggers at N with his eyes.

            I looked at them back and forth, feeling as if I was the main protagonist of a cliche Korean drama. But I knew for sure neither of these guys had strong feelings for me. So...

            What was going on here?!


Author's Note: Dundundun... lol thanks for reading as always :) please feel free to leave comments! But thank you for subscribing and I hope you're enjoying!