Hongbin

Keeping Secrets

          "You dragged ___ too?"

            Hakyeon and I turned around as we were going over the choreography side-by-side. The sassy visual of VIXX entered the room with a raised eyebrow.

            "Yeah. She's going to help you out. She has rapport with the other students so if you forget names..." Hakyeon started and paused to fix his bangs. "like I do at times or if you forget a move or two or need to break into groups if some people need more attention --"

            "I get it hyung." Hongbin chuckled and then directed his attention to me. "I'm Hongbin. I don't think we properly met, but hyung talks about his favorite trainee a lot."

            "He talks about everything a lot actually." I laughed as I proceeded to shake Hongbin's hand.

            "Hey!" N exclaimed.

            "Very true. I think we're going to get a long." Hongbin flashed me a smile.

            "I don't like this at all. You guys can't both gang up on me!" N pouted.

            "Just teach us the choreography so we know what we're doing." Hongbin patted his leader's back roughly.

            N scowled but did so meticulously, pointing out where each hand should be, where our toes should point, what facial expression should be presented in each and every move.

            "Wah. If I had known it'd be a lecture, I would've brought my notebook." Hongbin sassed as he ruffled his sweat drenched hair.

            "You say that but I know you're going to sneak back in here to perfect it when I leave." Hakyeon hugged Hongbin warmly.

            Hongbin blushed and shoved his leader away, embarrassed. I simply laughed at how close they were.

            "Come here too ___!" Hakyeon spread his arms wide so I could join in his embrace.

            "No thanks. I don't want to start World War III if any other trainees found out we had skinship." I politely declined.

            Hongbin snorted.

            "Oh please. I hug everyone. It's like saying hello." Hakyeon grinned brightly and walked over to hug me.

            Suddenly, the practice room door creaked open and I wanted to throw Hakyeon off of me so there were no misunderstandings with whoever was waltzing in.

            "Oh." Hongbin perked up. "Leo-hyung!"

            I got flustered and tried to wriggle out of his grip. Leo stared straight at me and Hakyeon with his piercing gaze.

            "Taekwoonie~" N tightened his hug as if to show how close we were. "What're you doing here?"

            Leo blinked a few times then turned to Hongbin. "Wonshikkie was looking for you."

            "Oh. I'll just text him. He probably wanted some snacks before I grocery shop." Hongbin fixed his hair as he whipped out his phone. "What're you doing here hyung?"

            Leo stared at Hongbin as if that was enough of an answer. Hongbin just chuckled and started poking Leo's sides playfully.

            "You want some snacks too huh?" Hongbin continued running and poking his hyung until Leo had enough and grabbed the back of his shirt tightly. "You want to come with me?"

            "We still have dance practice." N huffed.

            Leo whipped his head towards N who still had not let me go. I was frozen, hoping that if I didn't move, Leo wouldn't notice I was there.

            "Oh don't give me that look." N scolded. "Hongbin can grocery shop after."

            Taekwoon's lower lip moved forward slightly and I blushed. I got to see his pout in person! If I wasn't breathing or you know, in front of him, I would've squealed.

            "Sit here and watch with me." N unlatched himself from me and gestured to Leo. My body finally relaxed. "You can criticize them bluntly, then you can go with Hongbin."

            Leo sluggishly sat down by the mirrors and my body turned completely warm. He was going to watch me dance? Hongbin glanced at me and raised an eyebrow.

            "Are you even breathing?" he sassed and I glared at him.

            "Taekwoonie -- you remember ____? She's how amazing I was when I was a trainee ~" N boasted as he sat beside Leo.

            I blushed as I turned around in time to see Leo give a slight nod. Soon enough, Hongbin's elbow jammed my side. I gritted my teeth as he smirked at me.

            "Why don't we show them what we've got?" he stated.

            N clapped excitedly as Leo stared at me intently, waiting for me to astound him. I took a deep breath and nodded, words failed me whenever Leo was around. If I had one chance to impress Leo and get him to truly notice me, it was this moment. It didn't help that I could feel Hongbin's eyes judging me from the side too. But I collected myself and became determined to put my 110% into this dance.

            "Ready?" N scooted closer to Leo so that their shoulders were touching, grinning widely. "And start!"

            Leo pressed the remote that controlled the speakers and the music began. Without hesitation, I began the routine disregarding Hongbin beside me, but from my view of the mirrors I could see he was keeping up well enough.  I smirked as it got to the part Hongbin was having trouble with and I quickened my steps according to the beat. I could see N proudly smiling and tugging at Leo's sleeve while pointing at me. Happily, Leo's gaze never left me but his expression had not changed in the slightest. Was he unimpressed or excessively amazed?

            In my rush to finish the choreography to hear Leo's opinion, I ended up tripping myself with my own leg. My body wasn't as quick as my mind had assumed it was. Luckily, I felt a pair of arms push my back to prevent me from falling.

            "Whoa there." Hongbin chuckled as he helped stabilize my body. I glanced over at him and we locked eyes, realizing our faces were a little too close. We immediately ripped apart and shivered.

            N immediately jumped up and clapped as if I had just finishing performing on my debut stage.

            "That was AMAZING!" he complimented.

            Leo also stood up and nodded in agreement. That was all I needed. A wide grin was plastered on my face in no time.

            "Can I go shopping now?" Hongbin exhaled.

            "You still need to practice." Leo smirked at him as Hongbin scowled.

            "It's my first day learning it! Give me a break."

            "Hongbin-ah did well for his first session." Hakyeon reassured with a look towards Leo.

            Leo scoffed and looked away. N pouted and raised an eyebrow at him. Hongbin and I simply stared at them as N bumped his hip into Leo playfully. My heart fluttered watching them. I wanted to be that close with Taekwoon. Hongbin rolled his eyes, clearly not as amused or affected as me.

            "How about I take ____ shopping with me?" he suggested.

            Everybody was shocked at the suggestion.

            "Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

            "I figured I have to get to know you since we're going to be working together for a full week." he shrugged nonchalantly. "I mean if you'd rather stay here, I don't particularly need anyone to go with me either."

            I pondered over it. Which would look cooler to Taekwoon? I could stay and get to know him better with Hakyeon around or I could leave a deep impression with my dance and walk away, making him curious to learn more by my absence. I scratched my head frustrated.

            "...It's not a hard decision..." Hongbin raised an eyebrow and I glared at him.

            "Go ____. It'll be good to bond with your fellow instructor!" N gleamed. "Plus when you debut with your own group, you'll know how to go about grocery shopping like a real idol."

            "It's exactly the same, hyung." Hongbin retorted bluntly. 

            I snorted at his sass as Hakyeon crossed his arms and pouted.

            "Well come on Hakyeon prodigy. Let's go explore the wonders of the grocery store." Hongbin exclaimed sarcastically.

            I bowed, feeling that making a cool, mysterious exit was my best option, considering I was not prepared to be calm and collected in front of Taekwoon at that moment. So I followed Hongbin who walked out of the room without so much as a goodbye to his hyungs. As I shut the door quietly, I got a glimpse of Hakyeon tugging at Taekwoon's sleeves once again. Hongbin chucked a face mask and a sweater at me as soon as I turned around.

            "Here. We're going to take the motorcycle."

            "You ride motorcycles??" My eyes twitched a little as I glanced him up and down.

            "Yes?" Hongbin side-eyed me, clearly offended by my skepticism.

            "You just seem so..." I tried to find the words to describe my opinion.

            "Fragile? Delicate? Too handsome to ride one?" Hongbin recited words he's heard thrown at him countless of times with a flat affect.

            "Nervous??" I spouted. "Like you always look like you're anxious about something or zoning out?"

            "Do I?" Hongbin laughed. "I don't think I've heard that one before. It's refreshing."

            "Maybe it's cause your eyes are so big?" I shrugged, explaining to myself more than to him.

            "Yah. You're talking to your sunbaenim." Hongbin tried to scold me.

            "Just get on the motorcycle, sunbaenim." I retorted.

            "DEH." Hongbin sassed me as he roughly pushed a helmet over my head.

            I rolled my eyes as I hopped on, thinking how terribly strange it was to ride a motorcycle to do groceries with someone who I just met that same day. But then again, how quickly we were sassing each other was also quite unnatural too, in my opinion. I shrugged as I slipped my hands around his waist nonchalantly, sighing as I wished it was the back of Leo's motorcycle I was on.