Chapter 6: Visitors Part 2

Keeping Secrets

            "Bambabambabam." the cute maknae of VIXX waltzed into the practice room and Hongbin sighed as he called for a break.

            "Did you really need to come too?" he complained.

            "Of course hyung! I'm clearly the better dancer out of the two of us." Hyuk teased.

            I had never seen the maknae up close, usually because he was never in the company for too long. Rumor had it he practiced only when he was sure no one was around or when Leo was there to critique him. Other times, he locked himself in the sound booth to improve his singing. I felt like we could probably have become close friends if we had been trainees together. Now we have an awkward noona-hoobae-dongsaeng-sunbae relationship and I couldn't pinpoint just how to act around him. Han Sanghyuk also had made himself a name as an actor starring in action packed roles, proving a point that he was an all around idol. He also did not look at all younger than Hongbin and Ravi, with his broad shoulders, strong build, and towering height (as if the others weren't towering enough).

            "You never interrupt N's practice times." Hongbin pouted.

            "That's cause he would probably stop the entire class to tell them my life story and all of my accomplishments as if he had gone through the ordeal of giving birth to me." Hyuk rolled his eyes.

            "What? But he DID give birth to you!" Hongbin gasped playfully, earning him a heavy nudge that had him staggering to keep his balance.

            The whole room was murmuring excitedly about yet another surprise visit from one of our handsome sunbaenims.

            "Where is she?" Hyuk squinted, looking around curiously.

            "Who?"

            "Hakyeon's girl? Or...is it your girl?" Hyuk side eyed his hyung.

            Hongbin scoffed. "No chance."

            Hyuk smirked. "Oh so she's fair game. Ravi hyung says she's really pretty. Thought you and N hyung were keeping her to yourself."

            I blushed overhearing their conversation. I was just resting on the floor silently but now I wanted to find a hole to crawl into. All I could think was that Ravi thought I was pretty enough to mention at their dorms. Would he mention it to Leo too? I wanted to squeal from the bubbling giddy feeling rising up in my chest. However, Hongbin coughed, bringing me back to reality.

            "She's down there." he pointed lifelessly. He was so over introductions.

            I flashed the prettiest smile I could muster and stood up. "Hi, I'm _____"

            Hyuk grinned. I had an urge to poke his cute button nose now that I was within reach of it.

            "Noona!" he embraced me boldly and I froze from shock.

            "Yah!" Hongbin ripped him off me. "Are you crazy??"

            "I feel like I've known her forever though." Hyuk laughed. "N-hyung talks about you like he's your daughter, and I..." he placed a hand on my shoulder, giving me a sympathetic expression. "...feel your pain for I am his fake son."

            Playing along, I nodded and also positioned my hand on his shoulder.

            "We'll get through this together." I dramatically stated.

            "Don't you play along too!" Hongbin scolded.

            "Oh lighten up, you Bean." I rolled my eyes.

            Hyuk snorted. "She told YOU."

            "No respect for elders." Hongbin muttered and rolled his eyes in return.

            "Whoa. What're we now 13? There's a lot of sassy eye rolling going on." Hyuk held his hands up as if backing away.

            Hongbin and I rolled our eyes once again.

            "There it is again!" Hyuk pointed out. "This is eerieee."

            "Shush, Hyuk-ah." Hongbin patted his back.

            "Alright hyung!" Hyuk did the same in return with more force.

            Hongbin ended up coughing and I gently rubbed his back until he composed himself.

            "Alright!" Hyuk clapped as he stood in front of the room. "You hopefully know what you're doing now, it's almost been a week since you learned the choreo piece by piece. Show me what you got in groups!"

            Hongbin and I gawked at each other as the maknae took the lead without permission.

            "I'll be the head judge since I'm unbiased." Hyuk proclaimed. "Marie-noona will be the 2nd judge and Kong Kong hyung will judge you with his facial expressions. You'll know if you're doing something wrong because his eyes will bulge out in surprise or his eyebrow will shoot up!"

            "Sanghyuk!" Hongbin growled.

            "And we have ONE MORE judge!!" Hyuk clapped excitedly. "Hold on."

            Everyone looked around, wondering if another member was hiding secretly, but Hyuk scurried out of the room.

            "Uhh..." Hongbin and I glanced at each other.

            "Well, let's decide groups. Start counting off from here." I took charge.

            After everyone had arranged themselves nervously, Hyuk returned with a very disgruntled Leo.

            "What are you doing?" he hissed.

            "You need to be around PEOPLE hyung. LIVE!" Hyuk announced dramatically. "SEE THE WORLD. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN YOUR ---"

            Leo lightly smacked the back of Hyuk's head and trudged to where Hongbin and I were standing at the front. He grumbled and sat down against the mirror.

            "Perfect." Hyuk grinned, satisfied with himself. "Now we have someone who is full of expression, 2 actual dancers, and one judge with an exceptional poker face!"

            Leo glared at Hyuk. Hyuk nestled himself between Hongbin and myself, pushing me to now be shoulder to shoulder with my crush. My cheeks were on fire. I thought Taekwoon would shift away at the contact, but he lazily let me rest my shoulders on his. I thanked the heavens that he had a t-shirt rather than a cut off sleeve or a tank top on, because who knows what unspeakable things my mind would wander to if my bare shoulder touched his. Hongbin snorted, clearly seeing through my attempt to stay calm, but possibly looking horrified or like a deer in headlights instead. Easily, my expression changed to a glare to match Leo's deadly gaze. But Hongbin simply shrugged, suggesting that he could care less what I do to him.

            "Stupid Hongbin." I thought.

            "Alright. Let's start!" Hyuk cheered.

            Taekwoon yawned unashamedly.

            "Hoit." the maknae pressed the remote to play the music as the first group positioned themselves.

            Although, he looked absolutely unimpressed and bored out of his mind, Taekwoon surprised the trainees with his thoughtful feedback on their technique going so far as to suggest ways to practice to see instant improvement. I smiled proudly. Now, surely my best friend could see that he wasn't all sour. Many of my fellow trainees bowed and expressed their thankfulness to both Hyuk and Taekwoon at the end of class. Shyly, Taekwoon bowed in return, his eyes glued to the floor. Hyuk on the other hand bathed in the compliments, playfully.

            "Yes, yes. Please vote for me as the next substitute dance instructor. Han Sanghyuk, don't forget! I'm awesome!" he cackled, clearly doing it to irritate Hongbin.

            "He knows I'm conscious about that." Hongbin growled.

            I smiled gently, knowing how hard he worked and how hard he still worked before class every day.

            "He wouldn't tease you if you were actually terrible, you know." I mentioned.

            Hongbin looked up at me like he had just realized the truth of my statement. Leo silently marched beside me and nodded his head in agreement.

            "And N-hyung chose you to dance alongside him on multiple duet stages for your concerts." I continued to point out, hoping to earn some more brownie points and nods of approval from Leo. "It's all in good fun."

            "I guess." Hongbin conceded after a few seconds of hesitation. "Thanks."

            "Anytime, partner." I patted his back.

            "Oh Leo-hyung." Hongbin turned towards said person.

            Leo glanced at him, waiting for his comment.

            "Do you think..." Hongbin shifted back and forth between his heels and toes. "...you can stop by more often? I think you have a lot more helpful feedback about technique. I can only really help clean what they already know."

            Leo blinked at him.

            "I know." Hongbin sighed. I watched in awe at the seemingly one-sided conversation. "But they really improved with your explanations today. I've been fixing them this whole week."

            Leo looked to the side for a few seconds then back at the ground then back up at Hongbin.

            "Please? It'll only be until N hyung comes back. I never asked anyone for favors." Hongbin commented.

            Leo nodded as if to agree with the truth of Hongbin's last statement. Hongbin seemed to understand that and waited for his actual response. After a minute of Hongbin staring at Leo, Leo staring at the ground, and me staring at both of them doing those while Hyuk chatted in the back, Leo finally nodded decidedly.

            "I'll only help do basics in the beginning of class. Then I'll sit in the back and compose while you clean choreography." Leo stated.

            "Deal." Hongbin grinned.

            With another nod, Leo floated out of the room. Hyuk grinned and scurried over.

            "I knew he'd help the most."

            I glanced over at the maknae. "What?"

            "Hyung is really observant and he cares for people more than he lets on." Hyuk explained. "So I figured, he'd be the most helpful critic for newbies. He performed a lot pre debut with N hyung. He may not be a master of dance, but he certainly has a talent and eye for it."

            "He sure does." I blurted out.

            Hongbin burst out laughing and Hyuk patted my back. "Have you been Leshinsetted, Noona?"

            "What?" I tried to put on a confident face to hide my embarrassment.

            "Ravi hyung will be so disappointed." Hyuk frowned playfully.

            "Wh-what?" I blushed.

            "Hyuk-ah. Stop teasing her." Hongbin chuckled. "She's not used to you yet."

            "Ah." Hyuk stepped back, smiling widely. "Well I'll make sure I change that."

            I blinked a couple of times. Was it me or was this maknae flirting with me? Then I thought about it more...was Ravi flirting with me too yesterday?

            "Did N hyung by any chance ask you guys to see if you could fluster ____?" Hongbin took the words out of my mouth.

            "It's a secret." Hyuk smirked, pressing a finger over his lips then skipping out towards the door. "I'll probably swing by to play now that Leo-hyung will be teaching too ~ Nice finally meeting you Noona! Don't come home too late hyung."

            Hyuk's eyes twinkled with mischief as he took one last look at the practice room where Hongbin and I stood in awe, watching him exit. After a few seconds, Hongbin and I glanced at each other.

            "Sorry about that. We don't get out much." he chuckled. "They find these things entertaining."

            I snorted. "Keeping secrets?"

            "In a way." Hongbin smiled sadly as he looked back towards the door.

            I watched him curiously, wondering what was behind that melancholy smile and the way his eyes dropped to the ground before he changed his expression to a bright smile.

            "Anyways, let's clean together!" he clapped his hands excitedly.

            "Ughhh." I groaned and threw my head back. "Not againnn."

            "Yes, again. Every day. All day." Hongbin stated defiantly.

            I glared at him as he walked to the closet he had organized the day before to grab the mops.

            "Stop glaring and just do it."

            He didn't even need to turn around.

            "Alright. But I want ice cream one of these days." I complained.

            "I'll get you a pint next time I go grocery shopping." he stated as I walked over to grab a mop from him.

            "Cookies and Cream." I answered as I began to wipe down the floor.

            "Deal. But you know...you should be treating ME."

            "What...why?" I gave him a questioning look.

            He leaned against his mop, grinning from ear to ear. "I invited your precious Taekwoon Oppa to practices."

            I blushed profusely. "I didn't ASK you to!"

            "You just admit it." Hongbin snorted. "He's your previous Oppa ~"

            "Now you're DEFINITELY getting me ice cream!" I took a stab at him with my soaked mop, causing him to flinch back and give me a disgusted face. 

            "I refuse to use my money for an attempted murderer!" he stated defiantly.

            I snorted and rolled my eyes as we both returned to cleaning the practice room. 

 

 

 

 


 Author's Note: Sorry that it's been a while since I last updated! Thank you for keeping up with my story and subscribing to me :) I really appreciate it! I'm going to try to update once a week from now on since I have other VIXX fanfics I want to start. I do want this to get a good head start though before I start others lol ~ 

For those that miss Hakyeon, don't worry! He'll be back ;) and that's where the real mess begins !! mwehehe