Chapter 16: The Maknae

Keeping Secrets

A/N: Hey everyone ~ so I've been quite busy job hunting with no real luck --_--' that's why I haven't been updating as much! Sorry! But I figured I shouldn't stress too much about it just yet...it's only been 2 months since I graduated so I need to be patient. (Easier said than done though) ANYWAY this is a short chapter because this fanfiction is coming to a close soon (;_;) Thank you so much for your subscription and your comments and for taking the time to read my very first published fanfic :)  


             I slowly opened my eyes as consciousness returned to me and I realized I was in an unfamiliar place. I glance around and my eyes fell on a familiar face grinning down at me. I blinked a couple of times, trying to register why I was in such a position and why this person was hovering over me.

            "Han Sanghyuk?" I managed to croak out. My throat was undeniably dry from my slumber.

            Hyuk beamed as he sat down beside me nonchalantly.

            "I figured you'd get up soon." he laughed as he handed me a water bottle.

            "Wh-where am I?"

            "At the hospital."

            My eyes widened. "Why??"

            "Well you fainted from exhaustion and this is where we usually go when that happens?" Hyuk sassed as he swung his feet childishly.

            I gulped down almost half the water bottle. My body reacting to water as if it was a delicious delicacy.

            "What happened?" I questioned after I had quenched my thirst.

            "Well I was only watching from outside, but everyone was like 'yayy' and you were like 'hehehehe' then you went all 'urghhh'." Hyuk reenacted your fainting comically. "But Hongbin hyung sprinted over so fast, you didn't hit the floor."

            "Hongbin?" I blinked. "He caught me?"

            Hyuk nodded. "But since he's filming, I decided to keep an eye on you."

            "How long was I sleeping for?"

            "Maybe a day and a half? Not too bad." Hyuk chuckled. "I'll text everyone you're awake. They'll be relieved."

            "I'm starving." I frowned as my stomach began to ask for attention.

            "Oh right. I'll call the nurse for your tray too."

            "Thanks." I smiled, touched by his kindness.

            "No problem. You're going to do me a favor once you get out of here." he grinned mischievously.

            "Favor? What favor?"

            Hyuk simply continued to smile as he stepped out of my room. I took this chance to look around the hospital room. It was one of those VIP rooms that I had only seen in dramas.

            "Wow...this exists..." I breathed.

            My eyes caught my phone on my bedside table and I found it flooded with text messages. I smiled as I read Hongbin's messages complimenting my dancing and how he was sorry he was busy that he couldn't stick around. Then my hand hovered over a single message from someone I hadn't messaged ever.

            Jung Taekwoon.

            "Can we go out for coffee?"

            It was simple yet heavy, much like his manner of speech. Each word held importance. But what did he want? Was he able to reconcile with Hakyeon?

            Before I could delve too far into my thoughts, the door slid open and the happy maknae skipped into the room with a tray of food.

            "Be grateful. I used my charm to get you the best meal." he grinned as he set up my table carefully.

            I placed my phone on my lap and stared hungrily at the hot meal before me.

            "Eat up." Hyuk laughed as he slid a chair closer to my bed side.

            With that, I began stuffing my face carelessly. I had been asleep for almost two days and my body needed to make up for the lack of sustenance. Hyuk observed me, amused, but I put away my sense of shame which had been overpowered by hunger.

            "So I have a proposition." he started when I was finishing up my meal.

            I glanced up at him curiously.

            "Well you don't have much say in it so it's more of a plan." he laughed.

            I smiled, realizing he was a little shy about whatever he was going to suggest.

            "___________, I'm doing a solo stage for our upcoming concert. And I want to show how much I've improved." he stated then seriously gazed at me. "Will you dance with me?"