Chapter 5: Visitors

Keeping Secrets

            Taekwoon wasn't the only one who graced us trainees with their presence much to Hongbin's displeasure. Apparently, Hakyeon had told the others to keep an eye on us just in case we "wrecked the entire foundation of Cha Hakyeon trained trainees".

            "You know what I wondered?" I asked Hongbin as we sat in our little corner during our 5 minute break on the 3rd day of being dance instructors.

            "Why these floors aren't clean yet?" Hongbin raised an eyebrow.

            I rolled my eyes. "Get over the floor already. We're all cleaning it just by sitting down."

            "Don't remind me." Hongbin remained sullen then turned his attention back to me. "What were you wondering?"

            "Why doesn't Jellyfish hire outside instructors? You're all so busy with your own promotions as it is, why make you guys train us too?"

            "CEO says that the only way to stay sharp is to teach the basics and by teaching, you'll continually learn about ourselves and everyone around us. To teach trainees helps us not lose our foundation and remain humble, trained, and current." Hongbin shrugged. "I don't really teach anything though..."

            I chuckled. "You should teach a cleaning the practice room class."

            "Don't tempt me." Hongbin grinned.

            I laughed. Suddenly, the door to the practice room slid open and a high pitched cheerful voice filled the room.

            "Yedora! Your favorite teacher has arrived!" Lee Jaehwan announced with his arms wide open, as if he was waiting for us to rush to embrace him.

            Hongbin raised his eyebrow at his hyung and didn't move an inch to greet him. The trainees shyly bowed to their vocal trainer out of respect. Jaehwan sunbaenim was definitely attractive, but an acquired taste. Sometimes I didn't get his jokes and I personally thought he talked too much about random things during class, but his talents were very charming. As I said before, I have a decent voice but I wasn't the class favorite vocalist. There are just some personalities that don't mix I guess.

            "Binnie~" Jaehwan spotted his target, quickly recovering from the lack of affection from his students to latch himself onto Hongbin.

            "What, hyung?" Hongbin tried to push him off, embarrassed as Jaehwan giggled happily.

            I bowed to him awkwardly.

            "_______." he smiled at me warmly.

            "Sunbaenim." I acknowledged him in return.

            "Hakyeon-hyung asked me to check up on how you two were doing!" Ken blurted out honestly.

            Hongbin rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure he also told you to not make it obvious."

            Ken shrugged nonchalantly. "It's going to be obvious either way. How long have we known each other?"

            "Too long." Hongbin finally freed himself from Ken's embrace.

            "Oh don't be like that." Ken laughed. "I also haven't seen you in a while. We've had opposing schedules."

            "You want to take the class?" Hongbin snorted.

            "Oh no, no, no." Ken cracked up. "These kids think I'm cool. Don't want their fantasies of Dance God Lee Jaehwan to be crushed!"

            "One of your students is right here." Hongbin pointed to me. I was trying to look around the room to make it seem like I wasn't invested in their conversation. I was in that awkward position where I couldn't leave because it would look rude, but staying also seemed rude.

            "Oh _______?" Ken laughed. "She's talented in dancing, she already saw through me awhile ago."

            I snorted, remembering how during the first midterm, I had gotten so annoyed at Ken criticizing my recording and having me repeat it countless times that I muttered, "Well at least I can dance" into the recording microphone while it was on. Surprisingly, Ken cracked up for a good 5 minutes. I wasn't sure if it was because of the comment itself or my horrified expression when he replied, "Yeah? Well at least I can sing.” After that, I was always awkward around him but Ken seemed like he could care less and treated everyone similarly.

            "Can't have everything." Hongbin shrugged.

            "Unless you're Leo hyung." Ken grinned widely.

            I immediately blushed at the mention of his name.

            "Leo hyung can't rap though." Hongbin retorted.

            "I've seen him do it when he thinks no one is home. He really gets into it. It's adorable." Ken chuckled. "I'll record it next time."

            "Well make sure you write out your will beforehand." Hongbin sassed.

            "Well," Ken stretched his arms and yawned. "Everything looks good here. Keep up the good work you two!"

            "At least WATCH us dance, not survey us during break." I shook my head.

            Ken patted my head. "Don't worry young grasshopper. I have no real input to give on dancing, but wait til Sanghyuk and Wonshik come."

            He winked then cackled as he left...skip-walking? I wasn't sure what to call the way he almost bounced out of the room like a giddy school girl. All Hongbin could do was sigh and rub his temples.

            "What happened?" I questioned.

            "Having visitors during dance practice is going to be more exhausting than dance practice itself." he already foreshadowed interruptions and crazy antics from the two that were scheduled to make an appearance.

            And he was right.

            The next day, Kim Wonshik arrived timidly. Only some of the trainees trained with him. His classes were essentially electives and recommended to those who were accepted as rappers and those who had a talent and passion for producing songs. His songs were almost always extreme hits and received recognition from many. The rumor was that his real personality was completely unlike his cool stage persona. Apparently, he was a real fluff ball. I had never personally seen it from myself, so when he walked in with large sunglasses, a red sweater, and checkered sweats completed with red shoes, my first thoughts were, "Wahh...he's so attractive. He's overflowing with charisma. He's --"

            Then he suddenly tripped on his own feet and stumbled forward. Hurriedly, he looked around him frantically as if he was convinced that someone else had tripped him. A few of the trainees chuckled and he bowed shyly then hurried over to Hongbin who had his arms crossed, smiling.

            "Bin-ah ~" Wonshik cooed.

            His voice was deep but his smile warm.

            "Shikkie~" Hongbin laughed. "What an entrance."

            "Shut up." Ravi chuckled, embarrassed, and proceeded to back hug his friend to hide.

            "This is _______. Hakyeon's favorite." Hongbin introduced me.

            I rolled my eyes. "I'm just helping Hongbin figure out how to dance."

            Ravi let out a bellowing laughter that convinced me he genuinely found my comment funny. I was proud of myself.

            "I'm Wonshik." he held his hand out and I shook it warmly.

            "Nice to meet you sunbaenim. I've only heard rumors about you."

            "He's ghost." Hongbin grinned.

            "Don't even..." I warned him.

            "Gho-gho-gho-gho-ghost!" Hongbin finished, smiling toothily and feeling accomplished.

            I sighed.

            "Bin-ah says we're the same age so just call me Wonshik-ah, kay?" Ravi grinned softly.

            I blushed and nodded. He may not be the cool Ravi on stage, but his real personality was certainly just as attractive as himself.

            "Hakyeon hyung talks so highly of you, I had to see your dancing for myself."

            I smiled. "Well I hope you didn't get your hopes up too high. I'm worried I might disappoint you."

            Ravi waved his hand and smiled gently, "Well, I have high hopes that I won't be disappointed."

            I blushed at his smooth response and ignored Hongbin's raised eye brow of curiosity directed at me.

            "I told Hakyeon that Ravi should've been the substitute." Hongbin sighed. "But this guy is too busy."

            "Hey, you know I'm constantly producing." Ravi flashed a toothy grin that was a cross between being proud of himself and being slightly too shy to admit he was.

            "Well please help us. We want them to look sharp." Hongbin laid a hand on his friend's shoulder.

            "Don't worry. I'll be here for most of the time."

            And he was. But who knew that the smooth persona Ravi also became flustered around girls? I couldn't help but chuckle as Kim Wonshik turned red as he fixed the trainees' positioning. He nervously laughed and bowed as the girls thanked him then scurried back to the front. The two boys ended up looking to me with pleading eyes to take their roles. I shook my head, completely amused that I was seeing many different sides of my sunbaenims. My fellow trainees loved it as well.

            "You know," I started as we finished up for the day. "I thought you'd both be much smoother with women."

            Ravi blushed and looked away, embarrassed. "Th-they're just shockingly aggressive...took me by surprise."

            I laughed heartily at his timid answer.

            "You do dance really well. You have your own flair." Ravi changed the subject and ruffled my hair. "Keep it up and you're definitely a shoo-in to debut soon."

            I smiled. My heart fluttered at his genuine compliment and the accompanying affectionate gesture. But it was short lived as Wonshik was soon swarmed by trainees who were enthusiastically asking him questions.

            I floated back to Hongbin, whose novelty seemed to have already died out. Not that he really minded.

            "30 seconds." he stated.

            "Hm?"

            "I give Wonshik 30 seconds and then he's going to send us his 'help me' eyes." he snorted.

            We stood against the wall waiting and surely, it came. Ravi, significantly taller than the girls, glanced over in our direction helplessly. Hongbin laughed and nudged me.

            "I learned how to get them to leave."

            "How?"

            "Alright!" he clapped his hands. "Last person out the door cleans the practice room!"

            The girls' eyes widened and shoving each other, they all raced to the door. Ravi did not breathe as they zoomed past him, praying he wouldn't get knocked down and trampled. Hongbin chuckled and patted his friend's back.

            "Thanks." Ravi beamed.

            "Anytime, my friend."

            "See ya!" I called out and zipped through the door.

            "Yah!" Hongbin cried out.

            "You said last person out cleans the practice room!!" I hollered behind me as I continued to make my escape.

            "Yah!" Hongbin yelled after me, but I was already turning the corner to the exit.

            Ravi finally realized why I had hurried out and his reflexes quickly had him sprint to the door to avoid the consequences.

            "YAH! WONSHIK-AH! ___________-AH!" He bellowed.

            "MIAN!" Ravi laughed as he disappeared.

            Hongbin sighed and looked at the now evidently dusty practice room. Leo's practice room door slightly opened enough for him to poke his head out. He surveyed the surroundings and his eyes met Hongbin's. He let out a small chuckle, realizing what happened, and shut the door before Hongbin could say anything.

            "HYUNG! Not you too!" Hongbin cried, feeling abandoned. 

 


Author's Note: Sorry I haven't updated in a while guys! The semester started and its been pretty crazy adjusting to waking up early again lol but I think I'm pretty much used to the routine now so expect at least once a week updates :) 

I figured it'd be cute to get more of the VIXX members involved in this story. Next chapter will include our lovable maknae, Hyukkie ~ so stay tuned! 

Thank you for reading as always and hope you enjoy!