Reencounter

Graphite on Paper

"Come on, Yoongi! Don't be so shy! I know you like it when I come close to you."

" off."

"Ooh, feisty!" The girl with rich black hair crawled above Yoongi, who was sitting on the only couch and could only gave her a bored look. She seductively her lips. "But I love feisty…"

"You're pissing me off," Yoongi told her. She pouted and turned over to Taehyung.

"V! Suga is being so mean!" the girl complained.

"Come on, Yoongi. I know that Seolhyun is your type," Taehyung said. He glanced at AOA's visual. "Or do you prefer Hyejeong noona?"

Yoongi tilted his upper body to lookout Taehyung. "V, why the hell did you bring these girls into our waiting room?"

"Because the other AOA girls don't want me being there, and everyone else in our waiting room are gone," Taehyung said.

"Why did you drag me into this? You could've had two girls to yourself," Yoongi said. "I never asked for a girl."

"Because Hyejeong untie knows how to hog the guy," Seolhyun said, slightly pouting at her group member. She turned back to Yoongi and lifted his chin. "So come on, pretty boy. Let's play a bit, hm?"

Yoongi gave her a disgusted glare. "You're revolting. A shame."

Seolhyun dropped her jaws when Yoongi finally pushed her away from his lap. He got up from the couch and stared at Taehyung, who was chuckling and giggling along with Hyejeong. When he heard Seolhyun whistle behind him, he glanced down and saw her slightly lifted her miniskirt. He shook his head and rolled his eyes before getting ready to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung asked. 

Yoongi turned. "Somewhere far away from here."

"You're going to make Seolhyun lonely. At least take her to AOA's waiting room or something," Taehyung said.

" no." Before Yoongi left, he turned and started to point at all three idols. " you, you, and—" Yoongi pointed at Taehyung last. "—definitely you and your ty little games."

The girls gaped at Yoongi while Taehyung scowled and rolled his eyes. It was clear that the younger boy was frustrated with Yoongi's inability to go with the flow, but Yoongi didn't care. What Taehyung did was not only annoying, but clearly unnecessary.

Right when Yoongi left and closed the door behind him, he saw Seokjin and Hoseok making their way back to the room. When they saw Yoongi's scowl, they didn't need another second to think what was going on.

"Taehyung brought some girls?" Seokjin asked.

"Two," Yoongi replied, scowling.

"Who?" Hoseok asked.

"AOA members. Seolhyun and Hyejeong."

Hoseok tuned a whistle and started to fix his hair with a smile. "Two hot girls? Damn, I'm going in."

"You shouldn't," Seokjin said. He gave Yoongi a gentle smile. "Knowing Yoongi and the way he came out, I can tell that the mood in there isn't too good, right?"

"I told them to off, that's all," Yoongi said.

"You told the girls that?" Hoseok asked. "Damn, Yoongi. Should've sugar-coated your words a bit."

"It's not my fault. They were being annoying," Yoongi said.

"You mean you were getting shy?" Hoseok teased. The boy managed to dodge a punch from Yoongi. He playfully stuck on his tongue and started running in the halls with a huge smile on his face. Yoongi continued to make a fist and glared at Hoseok's back, while Seokjin awkwardly chuckled.

" him, too!" Yoongi muttered under his breath.

"Loosen up a bit, Yoongi," the oldest member said. "You don't have to be so loose like Taehyung, but you need to be a little happy."

"I'm satisfied."

"Satisfaction is not the same as happiness," Seokjin told him. When Yoongi frowned, Seokjin only let out a small chuckle. He glanced down at his can of sparkling water, then handed it to Yoongi. "Here, drink this. I'll go and talk to Taehyung, okay? Maybe I can get the girls out of here in around ten minutes."

Yoongi looked down at his hand, then glanced at Seokjin. Then, in a grudging, awkward voice, Yoongi muttered, "Try to make that five minutes."

Seokjin laughed. "I'll try, I'll try. Taehyung is pretty stubborn, and you know that."

The boy went inside, leaving Yoongi alone in the busy halls. Yoongi heaved a sigh and opened the can. He started to take a stroll in the hall, avoiding the employees and other idols as much as possible.

Seokjin was one of the better members in the group—of course, this was all according to Yoongi's perspective. Not only was the boy good-looking, but he had a good heart. He was one of the members that Yoongi wouldn't mind talking to. He wouldn't let Jin take a part in songwriting, but Jin was always there to help out with the vocals. The older member wasn't the best singer in the group, but he was the kind of member who would always be there for the group.

I need to try to get him more lines, Yoongi thought.

"Yo, Yoongi."

Yoongi turned around and spotted Namjoon a few feet behind him. Namjoon smiled and started walking over to Yoongi, who stopped and waiting for his friend to come closer. 

"What's going on?" Yoongi asked him. "Where have you been?"

"Oh, I just wanted to see the girl that Jimin was working with" Namjoon said.

"Where's Jungkook?"

"With Jimin. They're just talking to her. They want her to feel more eased. Apparently she's getting nervous," Namjoon explained.

"Is she any good?"

"I don't know. I didn't hear her sing. I only know that her stage name is 'IU.'"

"What the hell is 'IU'?"

"I didn't ask her about that."

"Whatever. I don't need to know. She's probably going to get a lot of hate messages for dancing with Jimin, anyway. She'll probably fade away soon."

"Oh? I'm hearing that you're acknowledging Jimin's popularity?"

"Let's be honest, he's never going to be as popular as we are," Yoongi said, snorting.

"Hm. Anyway, where are the rest? I know that Taehyung and Seokjin are inside the waiting room with two girls. I just went in there. I came straight out when I saw Taehyung making out with one of the girls."

"Gross."

"I'm surprised that you would say something like that."

"They're doing something scandalous and unnecessary. It's just gross."

"The last part makes you sound like a kid."

"Shut up, Namjoon."

"Okay, okay." Namjoon paused. "Oh yeah, where's Hoseok?"

"Ran away."

"Why?"

"Made fun of me."

"He teased you?"

"Yeah."

Namjoon chuckled while Yoongi shot him a cold glare. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry."

"You're pissing me off, too," Yoongi mumbled.

"There, there. You don't have to get so riled up over nothing. Rather, just think about the performance tonight. Aren't you excited?"

Yoongi smiled. "Of course I am. I worked damn hard for this moment."

"See? Just you wait. We're going to be on that stage any minute, and you can forget about everything that's been boiling up," Namjoon said, enticing him with his words.

"You know how to make me feel better," Yoongi said, sipping some of the sparkling water.

"Of course I do. I know how to make everyone's day. I'm the leader," Namjoon remarked. "I think we can go back."

"You think the girls are out by now?" Yoongi asked.

Namjoon shrugged. "When I was going in, they looked like they were ready to go."

"Okay, but if they're still there, then I'm going to kick them out."

"Taehyung is going to get mad."

"V deserves it."

The two started making their way back. This time, they started to bow at their sunbaes and greeted their hoboes with a small smile or a wave. The boys quickly scurried through the busy crowd until they arrived at their waiting room. Yoongi opened the door, but scowled when he saw that the two girls were still in the room. 

Taehyung and Hyejeong were getting ready to finish making out, while Seolhyun was trying to flirt with Seokjin, who awkwardly tried to push her away as gently as possible. Yoongi frowned at Seolhyun.

She's clearly taking advantage over the fact that Seokjin hyung can't do anything because he's bad with people, Yoongi realized. He motioned Namjoon to close the door behind them. Namjoon did as he was told while Yoongi stormed over to Seokjin and Seolhyun. He angrily grabbed onto Seolhyun's wrist, widening her eyes and grabbing everyone's attention.

"Stop messing with my group," Yoongi muttered.

Seolhyun smirked. "Ooh, a new side. Whatever this is, I like it—"

"Shut the up!" Yoongi ordered, raising his voice. This seemed to finally snap Seolhyun out of her fantasy. She stared at Yoongi with a ghastly look. Taehyung quickly made his way towards the two and slapped away Yoongi's hand from her wrist. The younger boy intercepted the two.

"You need to chill, man!" Taehyung told him. "What did she ever do to you?"

"You," Yoongi said, glaring at Taehyung, "you know that Seokjin can't handle situations like these, but you just let the girl walk all over him? What kind of group member are you?"

"At least I was trying to show him a good time!" Taehyung argued. "At least I'm letting him try something new! When have you let any of us try something new?"

"Maybe if you weren't such a dimwit, then I'd let you take part in song-writing."

"Oh, you and that idea! I know that you're never going to let us touch any of the songs unless we're recording it," Taehyung snapped.

"Break it up, break it up," Namjoon said, pulling Yoongi away.

"Why? Why pull me away? I'm not doing anything," Yoongi said.

"Will you girls please leave today?" Seokjin asked the two politely.

"Don't be so nice, Seokjin hung. You're making me lose respect for you," Yoongi stated.

"I'll see you next time," Hyejeong said to Taehyung before grabbing her stuff and leaving.

Seolhyun collected her belongings, but then decided to do something stupid. She scurried over to Yoongi, who only scowled at her. Before he had the chance to do anything else, she gave him a quick peck on his cheek and giggled. Yoongi widened his eyes and was able to scream at her until she followed Hyejeong and left. 

"That …!" Yoongi grunted and pulled away from Namjoon's grasp. He wiped away the kiss with pure disgust. "!"

"You've done enough cussing for today," Seokjin said, gently patting Yoongi's shoulder.

"I'm leaving," Taehyung said, throwing his arms up.

"Why? Where are you going?" asked Namjoon. 

"Somewhere far away from here. I need to cool down, and I don't want to deal with this ," Taehyung said. 

"It's best that you don't go anywhere right now," Namjoon said. "You look like a mess. Stay here."

"But—"

"Wow, way to put on a show for us." Everyone looked over at the door and noticed Jimin standing there in an awkward manner.

"Since when were you here?" Namjoon asked.

"Aren't you going soon?" Seokjin added.

"Yeah, but I just figured that I should come and see you," Jimin said. "I mean, you're letting the rookie hear everything. She's going to start spreading rumors."

"Where's Jungkook?" Seokjin asked him.

"With Hoseok. They're planning to go and watch me from the audience."

"Is IU with you right now?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah," Jimin said. He pushed the door a bit more, revealing the girl who was standing behind him.

At that very moment, Yoongi's eyes widened. His heart stopped and he held his breath. His eyes locked with the same gentle brown eyes that he had seen years ago. The woman held a familiar smile that made shivers travel down his spine. He noticed Jimin open his mouth to say something, but he couldn't hear anything. Rather, the only thing he could hear was the words that slipped out of the girl's perfect, pink lips when she bowed with upmost grace:

"Hello, I am Lee Jieun, also known as IU. Thank you for having me under your care."

Following the silvery voice, the second sound that Min Yoongi heard was his heart pounding against his chest—a pound that carried a blessing miracle with a touch of sorrow and bitter memories.