Done

Graphite on Paper

There was an odd silence between Yoongi and Jieun once they were left alone. Neither knew what to say or what to do. The situation was a mess and they could do nothing about it. It was clear that everyone was expecting them to end, ready to tear them apart and blind them so that they would never encounter each other. Just the thought about being separated ached their youthful soul.

Everything was insanely terrible.

"Yoongi, I don't know what to do," Jieun said.

"Calm down," he said when he noticed that she was about to cry. If she broke down, there was a chance that he would break down, too. The last thing he wanted was for her to see him tear up and act all hopeless. There just had to be something. "We can go through this together. We can—"

"Together?" Just the word seemed to stab her heart. "Yoongi, do you not understand the situation? They don't want us together!"

"I-I know, I know," he stuttered. He ran his fingers through his hair in distress. "I know they want to separate us, but let's slowly think this through."

"How slowly? We only have a few minutes," she said quickly.

"First, let's figure out how they could've taken the photo," Yoongi said. "I swear, when I came to visit you, there was absolutely no one."

"Well, yeah. I didn't really see anyone. I mean, besides Jimin, there wasn't anyone else in the hall. I didn't even hear—"

"Wait." Yoongi frowned. "You met up with Jimin?"

She blinked her eyes. "W-Well, yeah."

"Why?"

"He wanted to talk about the scandal between him and me. He was sorry that the company forced a dating news between us."

"What?" Yoongi's blood began to boil. "The only ing reason why there was a scandal between you and Jimin was because that bastard told our boss that you two were dating! The company wasn't even thinking about hooking you two up for the media until Jimin said that he was dating you!"

Jieun stared at him, shocked. "What? I was under the impression that the company forced Jimin to be my boyfriend!" She gritted her teeth. "Why would he do that? It makes absolutely no sense for him to do that!"

"What else did he say?" Yoongi asked carefully.

"He asked me if I liked you and—" Jieun stopped herself. There was a long pause before she shaped into a circle. "Oh. My. God."

"What?" Yoongi stared at her. "What happened?"

Jieun groaned and covered her face. "This is my fault. This is my ing fault!"

"Jieun? What's wrong?" Yoongi asked. He jumped out of his seat and kneeled in front of her, removing her hands from her face so that he could cup them in his. "What happened?"

"I'm an idiot!" she wailed. "Idiot, idiot, idiot!"

"Don't say that," he said sternly. "Tell me what happened."

"When he asked me if I liked you, I said that I did like you," Jieun explained. Yoongi's heart skipped a beat. "But Jimin always thought that I hated you."

Yoongi frowned. "You hate me?"

"I did before, but not anymore. Anyway, it seems like Jimin holds a huge grudge against you. He must've been torn when he discovered that I wasn't his ally. He probably thinks that I was pretending to be his friend when I actually thought of him as a sincere friend," Jieun said.

"Jieun, I don't understand why this is your fault," Yoongi said. "Jimin is always a jerk and that's how I've always seen him—"

"Let me call him real quick," Jieun said. She took out her phone and began to dial Jimin's number. The two impatiently waited for the younger boy to pick up the phone.

When the other line stopped ringing and clicked, Jieun gasped, anxious to speak.

"Hello?" Jimin answered. His voice was low and dark, as if he was expecting her to call.

"Jimin? Jimin, hi, this is Jieun. Jimin, I want you to listen carefully, okay? Please answer truthfully. I won't get angry, okay? Please answer honestly: Did you take the photos and shared it to a reporter?" Jieun answered.

There was a long, heavy pause. Yoongi tapped his foot impatiently, ready to grab the phone and yell at Jimin to hurry up and answer. Jieun gave Yoongi a sharp look, telling him to control himself until they got an answer.

Suddenly, they heard a soft chuckle on the other line.

"So what if I did?" Jimin asked. "Is there a problem?"

Yoongi exploded.

He snatched the phone away from Jimin and held it close to his lips.

" you!" Yoongi shouted. "'Is there a problem?' What kind of stupid question is that?"

"Yoongi, stop!" Jieun said quickly, trying to grab her phone.

"No, Jieun! I will not stop! I'm ing pissed at this kid!" Yoongi yelled. He turned his attention back to the phone. "What the hell did I do to deserve this?"

"Are you seriously asking me that question?" Jimin asked, appalled.

"Yes, yes I ing am asking you this question. What? Is this about not letting you write in the song? Well, I'm damn glad that I didn't let you because this? This is insane! You've caused so many problems for the group and for Jieun!" Yoongi pointed out.

"Well you shouldn't have any relationship with her in the beginning," Jimin said.

Yoongi wanted to throw the phone across the room, but he had to constantly remind himself that it was Jieun's phone. When he was so fed up with Jimin, he handed the phone back to Jieun, who began to press for answers.

"Jimin, why would you do this to us? To me? I thought we were friends," Jieun said, putting the phone on speaker.

"I thought so, too, until you threw me away for that seaweed brain," Jimin replied.

"It's a ing mint color! Are you ing blind?" Yoongi retorted.

"Throw you away? When did I throw you away?" she asked. Jimin remained silent. She let out a heavy sigh. "I'm speechless, Jimin. I'm speechless."

"I don't care," Jimin said. "Hate me like Yoongi. He already despises me anyway. He's probably thinking that hating me was a good decision, right? Of course."

Yoongi glared at the phone. He took it back, and turned off speaker. He placed the phone next to his ears so that Jieun wouldn't have to listen to Jimin anymore.

"Yeah, I hate you," Yoongi said.

"Yoongi!" Jieun exclaimed. She held her breath when Yoongi raised a finger to shush her.

"I hate you so much, Park Jimin. I do, I really do. You at writing lyrics, but you're a better dancer than me. I hate that you do well on variety and how to get along with everyone. I hate how you have everyone on your side supporting you. But you know what I hate about you the most right now? I hate—even more than your crappy song lyrics—that you were able to disappointment to this level. Amongst everything you did, I hate that you could bring yourself so low to this," Yoongi said.

Jimin had mixed feelings about what Yoongi said. A pang of guilt stabbed his chest. He tried to justify his feelings, claiming in his head that Yoongi deserved every little misery in his life. However, things started to change when Jieun took over the phone.

"…Yoongi and I didn't really have a good life in the past," Jieun said softly with a smile. "We were picked on and bullied. In high school, it felt like the whole world was turning against us. We only had each other, and even today, we have each other. Yoongi—since the beginning—was always a little bit on the harsh side. He doesn't know how to put things down kindly. After all, he went through several years ready to run at any moment, preparing to fight and get beaten down." She made a small laugh—a teary one. "He's a bit broken in the inside, but I promise, he's a very sweet boy deep inside who cares. If he truly didn't care, then this scandal would've came out a long time ago."

The only thing Jimin could do was keep quiet. He felt immensely guilty and wasn't sure what to do. He only listened to Jieun's voice, noticing that she was beginning to tremble. She began to sniff, and every little sniff made Jimin feel more ashamed.

"Jieun, stop. He's not going to listen," Yoongi said in the background.

"I'm saying this because after all this, you're still going to have to work with him, Yoongi," Jieun said to Yoongi. However, it was clear that she was making herself loud enough for Jimin to hear. "At the end of this day, if we part ways, you will need to go back to your group. You will have to deal with Jimin and you will have to learn to get along with him again."

"Stop," Yoongi said tiredly. "He's not going to want to get along with me."

Jimin could hear an alarm in the background. He could hear Yoongi's voice say, "Time's up."

Jieun sniffed once more. "A-Anyway, thank you for being honest, Jimin. Goodbye."

With that, Jieun hung up. She embraced Yoongi one time before tip-toeing to kiss him. After exchanging a short, passionate kiss, the doors opened, revealing the manager and the CEO. Yoongi held Jieun tighter in his arms while Jieun began to sob.

"It's time," the CEO said, returning to his seat. He allowed the two to be in each other's embrace. "Will you break up?"

There really wasn't any way out of this. This was it. This was truly the end. There was no way that they could persuade the CEO or the manager.

The two exchanged glances before parting away. Yoongi sat in a chair, learning forward while covering his face. Jieun, only the other hand, bowed politely at the CEO.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble," Jieun said softly. She turned to Yoongi for a brief moment. "Love you, Yoongi."

Her words shook his heavy heart.

"Love you, too, Jieun," Yoongi croaked out.

Jieun nodded. With one last smile, she left the room with her manager before breaking down and crying hard. The CEO and Yoongi could hear her cry until she reached the elevators. As she cried, Yoongi listened, taking into account all the pain and woes that she was feeling. The misery and despair that her cries held was intense. Tears began to slip down his eyes, but he continued to cover his face.

The CEO, knowing how hard it was for Yoongi to grow through such a break up, got up from his seat. He gently placed his large hand on Yoongi's shoulder.

"You two did the right thing," the CEO said, patting Yoongi's shoulder. "You both did the right thing…"


Author's Note: One more chapter left before GoP ends! ^_^