Clashes

Graphite on Paper

Yoongi despised a lot of things in the entertainment world, but if there was one thing that topped the list, it would be one of his greatest weakness: dancing.

It wasn't like he couldn't keep up with dancing. He wasn't the worst dancer either. The only reason why he despised dancing so much was because…

"Hey, hey, Suga," Jimin said, rudely waving his finger at him. "Let's move you to the left instead. I think it works better."

Yoongi gritted his teeth. He might've held more power in song-writing, but in dancing, it was Hoseok and Jimin who held the most power. He had no problem with Hoseok being the lead choreographer for the group, but with Jimin, it was annoying.

"I don't think he needs to move. I think he just need to have more facial expression," Hoseok said. He gave Yoongi a small smile. "Why don't you smile, huh, Yoongi? A little smile won't hurt the crowd!"

"The song doesn't even need us to smile," Yoongi pointed out.

"A small smirk won't hurt," Hoseok persuaded.

"A smile with a rebellious image?" 

"Not a smile, Yoongi. A smirk."

"I don't want to 'smirk' or 'smile.'"

"He's right. If Yoongi smiled or smirked, then people would start running away," Jimin said playfully. Yoongi only shot him a glare. "What? With that look, who'd claim you as their bias?"

"Enough, enough," Namjoon said, pulling Yoongi away from Jimin before he could jump on the younger boy. "I think we need a break."

"Okay, but you and Seokjin need to practice more," Hoseok said. "I need the chorus part to be perfect, and you guys aren't keeping up with the right rhythm."

Namjoon stared at Hoseok. "Dude, are you serious?"

" yeah, I'm dead serious," Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, language," Seokjin said, giving him a sharp look. "You don't know who's near this training room."

"Okay, okay. You two! Again! I'll even help you out by sacrificing my break time to dance with you," Hoseok said, pushing the two back to the center of the room.

"You just want to dance a little longer," Seokjin said, frowning.

"Is it obvious?" Hoseok asked, grinning. He turned to Jimin. "Jimin, want to join us?"

Jimin glanced at the rest, then sighed. "You know what? Why no—"

The boy was interrupted when the door opened. Their manager stepped into the room and smiled at them. The boys respectfully bowed to their manager.

"Are you guys practicing well?" the manager asked them.

"Yes," everyone answered in unison.

"Good, good…" The manager looked at Jimin. "Jimin, are you busy?"

"No, I'm not," Jimin replied.

"Can you come with me for a little bit? It's important," the manager said. 

Jimin looked at the rest of the group, who stared at him in surprise. It was unusual for the manager to call Jimin in private. It was usually Namjoon, Yoongi, or Taehyung who was called over; Namjoon and Yoongi always kept the manager informed about the song's progress, while Taehyung kept getting into random scandals and had to be scolded for repeatedly.

"M-Me?" Jimin asked, pointing at himself. "Are you talking to me?"

"Yes, I'm talking to you," the manager repeated again. "I'll meet you at the office. Come as soon as you clean yourself a bit."

"The office?" Jimin repeated. "Should I take a shower?"

"No, it's short. I told the guest that you would be a bit sweaty, but she demanded to see you right away."

She?

"Who is it? A relative?" Jimin asked. 

"Just come," the manager said.

Jimin looked back at the group. "I'll be back as soon as possible. You guys go ahead and rehearse without me."

"Gladly," Yoongi muttered, finding himself at ease. Jimin glared at him, but walked away with the manager. 

• • •

An hour later, Jimin came back, unable to wipe the huge smile from his face. He whistled a tune and walked in with a light air around him. Everyone stared at him, waiting for him to spill out the details. When it looked like he wasn't going to say anything, the members elbowed Jungkook to ask. Jungkook scowled a bit, but stepped forward.

"Did something good happen, hyung?" Jungkook asked him.

"Could you tell?" Jimin asked, still smiling to himself.

"What happened?" Hoseok asked.

"It looks like there's a new rookie who's going to debut on the same day as our comeback stage," Jimin said.

"Ouch. That's going to hurt her a lot," Namjoon muttered.

"Exactly. That's why her company wanted to do a small collaboration," Jimin continued. "I'll be dancing with her when she makes a comeback. Apparently she's been promoting herself a lot, but I don't really know her name."

"Well, then it looks like we'll have to see her later," Taehyung said, smiling.

"You just want to get her number and use her to make yourself more popular," Seokjin said.

"Is it that obvious?" Taehyung asked.

"Anyway, I'll be gone for the next few days in order to rehearse with her. You can handle things without me, right?" Jimin asked.

"Of course," Hoseok said. He gave Jimin a friendly pat on the back. "I'm proud of you, Jimin, you know that?"

"I just hope things work out well. I haven't been getting any solos, so I'm hoping that I can use her to gain more popularity," Jimin said.

"Honestly, it's probably her who's going to benefit more," Yoongi said in a matter-of-fact tone, killing the optimistic vibe. Jimin stared at him as Yoongi got up from the ground. "You already have some kind of fame. She's probably going to steal some away and use it for her own sake."

Everyone kept quiet. Namjoon gave Yoongi a small nudge on the arm.

"Aw, come on, Yoongi, "Namjoon said softly. "Don't kill the mood like that. Say something nice."

"I'm right, though," Yoongi said, his eyes still on Jimin. "In the end, you're not gaining anything good from this."

Jimin glared at him. "And who's fault do you think that is?"

"Okay, let's break it up!" Hoseok exclaimed, clasping his hands together.

"It's only your fault," Yoongi said, ignoring Hoseok. "You only need to blame yourself."

"Oh really? Why isn't it your fault, then?"

"Because I'm just doing my job. My goal is to write songs for money. I can't let anything bad get in the way of making money. I'm not going to make you be the cause of the group's downfall if you write bad lyrics," Yoongi told him.

"You know what—"

"Stop, stop!" Namjoon said, raising his voice. He pushed Yoongi to the side. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Yoongi looked at Jimin. He knew that the younger boy was ready to pounce at him, and he knew that Namjoon was giving him a warning sign. It was clear that Namjoon was telling him not to cross the line, but…

"I need to talk to Jimin, too," Hoseok said, helping Namjoon out when he realized that Yoongi was going to talk back. Before Yoongi had the chance to say anything, Hoseok dragged Jimin out of the room to give him a small talk.

When the door closed, Namjoon looked at Yoongi with a disappointed look. Yoongi naturally looked away and shoved his hands in his pocket.

"What the hell was that?" Namjoon asked.

"Nothing," Yoongi murmured. "I was just being honest."

"Okay, but at least be nice about it."

"Well, it's the truth."

"It might be, but be supportive! I mean, if you're not going to let him write songs, then you might as well support him with collaborating with other idols for dancing," Namjoon pointed out.

"I don't know. He just pisses me off," Yoongi said honestly.

"Well, can you hold it in?" the leader pleaded.

"I don't know."

"Please? At least try."

Yoongi looked at Namjoon, then sighed. "Fine. I'll just keep quiet and not talk to him, okay?"

"Okay," Namjoon said, nodding his head. "Let's try that."

A few more minutes passed. Jimin and Hoseok came back to the practice room. Hoseok raised his thumb to show that he had successfully calmed Jimin down. Jimin gave Yoongi one look before figuring out that Yoongi was going to give him a silent treatment.

Fine by me, Jimin thought. This should work a lot better for me, anyway.

For the remainder of the week, the group worked long and hard to prepare the perfect comeback stage. 

But little did Yoongi know that the date for his comeback date crossed paths with an old friend—a friend that he had not seen for several years, and didn't want to see at all.