Clarify

Graphite on Paper

Jieun stood awkwardly in front of the recording room. During the whole way, people kept giving her strange looks, wondering why another girl from a different company was lurking around Big Hit Entertainment. A few people gave her dirty looks like animals glaring at an unknown creature on their territory. She would've felt much safer if her manager had came along, but something had happened in the company that caused him to leave her alone at the unfamiliar building.

When I open this door, Yoongi is going to be there. She bit her bottom lip. Yoongi is going to be there. Oh god, he's going to be at the other end of this door.

"Hello!"

Jieun jolted and turned around. "J-Jimin?"

He flashed her a smile. "Surprised?"

"I-I thought I'd be alone with Yoongi," she muttered, a bit disappointed.

"That was the original thought, but Namjoon hyung suddenly called and told me to come here."

"Namjoon… Oh, Rap Monster."

"Yeah. I also got a call from your manager to check up on you and Yoongi," Jimin added.

"My manager? When did you two exchange numbers?" she asked, surprised.

"Does it matter?" he asked. "Go on, knock."

She faced the door. "Now…?"

"It's not like knocking on the door is going to kick you out of the room. You guys haven't even started." Jimin stared at her impatiently. "Go on. Knock."

As she was about to knock, the door swung open by itself. She gasped and took a step back when Yoongi's head popped out. He narrowed his eyes, irritated.

"You're late—" He stopped when he saw Jimin. He frowned even further. "Why are you here?"

"Namjoon hyung told me to check up on you," Jimin said innocently. "Besides, I can't have you stay alone with a girl, right? You might scare her away or something."

"As long as she isn't a nuisance, then she doesn't need to worry about a thing," Yoongi snapped. He grabbed Jieun's wrist and pulled her inside. When Jimin tried to walk in, Yoongi stopped him by shooting him another glare. "You stay out."

"But Namj—"

"Out," Yoongi ordered. Before the younger man could say anything else, Yoongi shut the door, leaving Jimin completely alone outside.

Jimin stood still, dazed and dumbfounded. Then, he scoffed a few times before sticking up his middle finger at the door while mouthing " you." With that, he turned around to leave, making sure to complain to one of the BTS members in detail of what had just happened.

• • •

It took a few minutes for Yoongi to realize that kicking Jimin out was a bad idea. He knew that he should've had at least one other person in the room, but whenever it came to talking with Jimin, he just couldn't help but do anything that would go against the younger member. His stubbornness had gotten the best of him, and he hated himself for that.

He slowly turned around and saw Jieun standing quite still in the middle of the room. She looked at the recording studio with a hint of admiration followed by an uncomfortable look. Yoongi mentally cursed himself as he closed his eyes, knowing that he had screwed up.

Relax, he told himself. Things are going to work well. It just has to work well.

"Sit," he commanded. She nodded and sat down at a random chair. He grabbed a seat besides her. "So… music writing."

"Yep," Jieun said, nodding her head a little.

"Do you have anything in mind?" he asked her. She shook her head until her phone started ringing. Noticing that it was from her manager, she excused herself and turned around.

"Hello?…Yes, I'm here…S-Speaker? O-Okay, wait for a minute…" Jieun turned back to Yoongi. "My manager wants me to put everything on speaker. Do you mind?" He shrugged his shoulders. Taking that as an "okay," Jieun pressed a button on her screen and gently laid down her phone on the table. "You're on speaker."

"Hello? Suga, you can here me, right?"

"Yes, sir," Yoongi replied.

"Great! Look, I got caught up with some manager stuff back at our company. I'll be heading over shortly after I'm done," Jieun's manager reported. "Jieun should've brought her bag. She has an old journal filled with song lyrics. Can you check them out and see if any of them are good?"

Jieun widened her eyes. "Manager, no. I can't show him that—"

"Also, you two better not do anything abnormal, okay?" There was a short pause. "I mean it, guys."

"I-It's not like we have any special relationship," Jieun murmured.

Ouch. Yoongi managed a painful gulp.

"Whatever. Just don't do anything funny, okay? I'm onto you two," her manager said. "Anyway, I'll be there in a few minutes. You have a third person with you, right? Is Namjoon there?"

Jieun and Yoongi widened their eyes. They looked at each other, silently mouthing nonsense. Jieun kept signaling Yoongi to speak in Namjoon's voice, while Yoongi kept mouthing to her that he wasn't going to do it. 

"Hello? Guys?" 

"W-What did you say, Manager? You got cut off," Jieun managed to say.

"Is Namjoon there?" the manager asked. "I'd like to speak with him."

"U-U-Um—"

"He went to the bathroom," Yoongi said quickly. "I told him that I was going to start writing with Jieun while he's in the bathroom. Do you want me to have him call you back?"

Please buy it. Yoongi and Jieun pleaded desperately in their heads. Silence followed Yoongi's words. Then, the manager sighed.

"No, I don't need him to call me back. Just knowing that he's there with you is fine," the manager said. "You two have fun, okay? I'll be there in a few minutes. I need to go."

"Y-Yes! Thank you!" Jieun exclaimed. She waited for her manager to hang up before she let out a sigh of relief. "That was close!"

"Thank god your manager isn't the type of person who doesn't trust other people's words," Yoongi mumbled.

"Anyway, why didn't you do as I sad? If you had changed your voice a little, then you could've sound like Namjoon," Jieun said.

"What? The real problem was you! What did you do to get your manager to suspect you so much?" Yoongi fired back.

"Excuse me? The only reason why he's skeptical of me is because of what you did when you kissed—" She stopped herself. She turned bright red, while Yoongi also turned red. They quickly looked away from each other, trying to conceal their embarrassment.

We need to work quickly, Yoongi said. Otherwise, I probably can't hold back myself.

I'm such an idiot! Idiot, idiot, idiot! Jieun cried out in her head, biting her tongue. 

"Um, so, song," Yoongi murmured.

"Y-Yeah. Song."

"The manager said something about a journal full of songs?" Yoongi extended his hand. "Give it to me."

Jieun froze and paled. She bit her tongue—hard.

Yoongi took quick notice of her unpleasant expression. She was hesitant with the idea of showing him her song book. Under normal circumstances, he would respect that, but he knew that the manager was on to them. If he couldn't get his hands on her song book, then it was highly likely that the manager would disapprove him staying around Jieun since he wasn't going to be of any help.

And Yoongi definitely didn't want that.

"I…think I left it at home," Jieun said quickly, hugging her bag a little tighter.

"Is it in your bag?" Yoongi asked. She flinched. "Come on, Jieun. I need you to give it to me."

"I'm sorry! I can't!"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not?"

Because they're the same ing songs that you hate, Jieun thought. "I just can't."

"Jieun." He looked at her sternly. "This is business."

"But it holds a lot of value for me!" she cried out.

"Give it to me!"

"I can't! You hate it!"

"I won't hate it! I won't laugh—"

"That's not what I'm afraid of!" she exclaimed. He stopped and stared at her for more explanation. She squirmed in her seat and gulped before looking away. "I…stopped writing lyrics ever since high school. The lyrics here are a collection of me in high school."

High school. Yoongi remembered that one song she had given him. The one song for some guy named Minho.

She must still have feelings for him, he thought. Something tugged his heart. "Oh. That love song."

She slowly nodded, while turning red. "Yeah. That song."

"Is there anything else?" he asked.

"No. They're just like the love songs. They're all about you."

"Great. They're all about—Wait." Yoongi widened his eyes. "They're all about me?"

She glanced at him, a little surprised. "Y-Yes?"

"Including that one song you had me listen to?" He paused. "Weren't you going to confess your feelings with that song to some other guy?"

"What?" Her eyes grew big. "What the hell? Where did you hear that? I only like you! That song was for you!"

"B-But you had a crush on some guy named Minho, didn't you?"

"Minho? Who the is Min—The class president? Of course not! He didn't even like being near me! He was only with me whenever I was alone because that was his job! Other than that, there was nothing else between us!" she explained. "How could you think that I liked Minho?"

"B-Because there were a few girls talking about that in the bathroom! They were talking about how you'd make chocolate for Valentine's Day and confess!"

"Idiot! Those chocolates were for you!" she said.

"Huh…" Yoongi calmed down. His heart raced as he thought about the past. "So our feelings were mutual this whole time…"

"Mutual?" She frowned. "Then why did you say you hated my song?"

"Your song was really good. I love it. I still can't get it out of my head," Yoongi said. "The only reason why I said it was terrible was because I didn't want you to give it to Minho." His voice suddenly became quiet. "I guess I was…jealous."

Jieun's heart skipped a beat. Her whole body grew warm as the two shared the silence together.

"Oh, yeah." She clasped her hands together, catching his attention. "By any chance, did you open your present from me?"

"Present? Oh. You mean this?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out the small box. "I haven't opened it yet. It felt wrong to open it if I didn't make up with you."

"Open it," she said, smiling a little.

He did. He opened the box—slowly at first. In the box, he was surprised to see a brand new music player. At first he grew curious as to where she found the money to buy it, but when he picked it up and turned it on to look at the songs, he was surprised to see that there was already one song in it. He glanced over at her and she smiled.

"I hope to release that song to the public," she added shyly. He looked down at the music player.

"Is this the same song—" He didn't even need to finish his sentence. He saw her adorable smile and automatically knew that it was the same song as before. Just knowing that she wanted her first self-composed song be about him made his heart flutter. "Hey Jieun…" His voice suddenly became husky and low as he leaned closer to Jieun. "Can I kiss you?"

She seemed shock with his sudden absurd question. Her whole voice heated up. She stuttered a little, trying to figure out what to say. However, he decided to answer for her and gently pecked her lips. She froze, but soon closed her eyes to receive more. The two continued to share passionate kisses, which soon grew into a hungry, lustful kiss. They could feel everything—the lips, the tongue, the heat. Eyes were closed, and when the opened, they would intensely stare at each other.

In the middle of their moment, the two could hear Jieun's phone ring. Embarrassed, they quickly parted away and sat back down properly in their own respective seats. Jieun frantically apologized to Yoongi as she picked up her phone without looking at the caller.

"U-Um, hello?" she answered breathlessly.

"Jieun, get out of the building quickly. Try to not get caught by the cameras."

She frowned, and glanced at her phone. It was her manager, but he didn't seem happy.

"I'm in the middle of songwriting—"

"Get out. The company needs you right now."

She continued to frown. "What's going on? Why do I have to leave?"

At that moment, Yoongi also received a phone call. He picked it up, noticing that it was from Namjoon.

"Hello?" Yoongi answered.

"Did you see the CEO yet?" Namjoon asked him seriously.

"The CEO? When?"

"Right now. Jimin was supposed to fetch for you."

"What? Why?"

Yoongi gasped a little when he saw Jieun shoot up from her seat. Her skin was pale and she seemed afraid of something.

"I-I'll be there right away!" Jieun exclaimed. She turned to Yoongi, apologized to him silently, then opened the door. To her surprise, Jimin had been standing in front of the door. Jimin awkwardly looked away, confusing her for just a second before she remembered that she had to head back to the company. She gave Jimin a quick smile before running away.

Yoongi continued to furrow his eyebrows as he tried to focus his attention back to the phone call. "Anyway, what's up?"

"Dude. You're in a scandal and it's huge."

He widened his eyes. "With who? How?"

"With Jieun, you dummy."