Chapter 7

Red Snow


" Thanks for the meal, Sooyeon -shi. It was great." " I'm glad that you liked it. Well it's pretty late. Why don't you go and rest? Come on, I'll show you your room. I hope it's ok for you two to sleep together because we don't really have enough rooms." " No it's ok, please don't worry." "I smiled. She's really worrying too much. I saw Lily yawning. I guess she's pretty exhausted. " Alright than. Let me show you your room. It's upstairs." We said goodbye to Yeri-shi and Inguk and then followed her. We reached a pretty long hallway with many doors that were each colored differently. " Yeah it's childish right? My sons wanted to have their own special door to their room so they made one themselves." " Really?! They did it? Wow, they look really good." I have to say that they're talented. When I looked around a bit, one door especially caught my interest. " Ehm, Sooyeon-shi? Who's door is that?" " Oh the blue one? Ah, it seems that you like blue? Well, it's Xiumins, my eldest one. But don't worry too much. You get to know everyone later when they come home and when you two get enough sleep so hurry and get ready." She opened a white door and ushered us in. She showed us a little around and gave us some of her old clothes that she found in her wardrobe and told us good night before she left. We washed up and got in the double bed. " Unni, I'm glad that we found this place. I know that it will be hard but can we stay here, for a while?" "I don't know. We don't know what Sooyeon-shi's Husband and sons will say to us, let alone accept us, a Witch with a Human sister. People would think that it's a fictional story." She laughed and we turned around to face each other. " I'm scared, Unni. About what happened yesterday and what's going to happen." " Yeah, I know. I'm scared, too." " Really?" " Yeah. But it doesn't matter to me. You know why?" She looked at me with a questioning face. I pinched her nose and laughed. " Because I have you beside me. That alone gives me hope that we'll make it through everything that comes in our way, together." We hugged each other and I patted Lily's back and soon we both fell asleep.

" Yah, do you think that she's pretty? I mean all Witches look ugly in the story books." " I don't know, but I hope she's not a crazy Witch. You know, the one with a black cat, scary black dresses and such." " Yeah, right 'cause if she is than- Ahh! Kris Hyung! Why did you hit us?" " Stop saying nonsense! These story books are full of crap that some Humans found funny to write about. We won't judge her and be nice to her and her sister when we get home, understood!?" " Ne, Hyung... Aish, why is he so serious about this. It's not that we actually believe this stories." " He's just nervous because mom will kill him if we'll be rude to her." " How do know that, Suho?" " He got a text were she threatened him to shave his hair if one of us treats them bad. So I understand him well. You also know how much he loves his hair." Chanyeol and Chen nodded. They indeed know that Kris loves his hair, even more than himself. The way back home was long but they finally made it home at 9 am. " Ok guys, I know that you're nervous and all but you have to be nice to them at all costs, ok? You know that mom especially wants you to treat them well because of what we know." The boys nodded. Earlier Ilhoon got a phone call from his wife who told him about what she found out about the two girls. " Appa, I have to do something. I'll get home later." " Ok but don't take too long. We didn't sleep at all this night so get home quickly." Xiumin nodded and ran in the direction of the Forest that was behind their town. The rest wondered where he'd gone to but shrugged it of and concentrated on something more important: The Witch in their house.

After Xiumin ran in wolf form into the forest, he rested at his favorite spot and shifted back.

Ok, I really have to calm down. I've never had such mixed emotions like now before. It was a shock when dad told us that she was Marinas descendent, who brought that curse over our Family. I was furious, but somehow I couldn't really get angry. Ahh it's so frustrating. One one side, I want to get angry, even if mom always tried to console me that it's ok, but I know that she was also very hurt of what happened. But on the other side, I don't know. It's like something is urging me to go as fast as possible home. Aish! What's wrong with me?!

" Yeobo, we're back!" " Aish! Would you be quite please!" " Well, if that wasn't a lovely greeting." The boys snickered at their parents behavior. " Ah sorry, it's just that the two are sleeping upstairs, so please don't wake them. They were pretty exhausted." " What, they're sleeping? But I wanted to meet her." " Yah! Of course they're sleeping. Girls need their beauty sleep after all." Sehun waved his hair in a mocking way and the boys laughed. " Alright, alright. Stop it. Well I don't know when they'll wake up so you can rest first." " No, it's ok mom. We'll gladly wait for the sleeping beauty to awake." " If you say so, Kris. I go make some breakfast... Wait, where's Xiumin?" " He said he had something to do, he'll join us later." Sooyeon nodded and moved towards the kitchen, followed by D.O, Lay and Suho. " Mom, how are they, I mean what kind of persons are the Witch and the Human sister." She took some things out of the refrigerator and started slicing some vegetables. " First of all, Lay, please stop calling them "Witch" and " Human sister". They have names you know. Lily, the Human like you said, is 8 and her 16 year old sister, the Witch, is called Rose." Lay nodded and smiled embarrassed at his mother. " Oh, so she's younger than us." " Yeah, but don't take her lightly. Even if she's 16, she's more mature than any of you!" She glared at us, holding her knife in a threatening position. " Well we have to see that... Anyways, is she really ok? I mean I'm worried about Kyungsoo here." " Ah, don't worry Hyung, I'll be fine." " You sure? You can't handle strangers, and certainly not woman. Why do you have to be so shy?" D.O looked at the ground in order to hide his embarrassment. " Ok, that's enough Suho. We'll see how it goes when the time comes. Now help me with breakfast now, would you?" 

Meanwhile the others were sitting in the living room and entertaining themselves.

" Ahhh it's sooo boring! When will they finally get up?" " Don't be so loud, Beakyhun. Just wait a little bit, will you." " But he's right Hyung. I really want to see her." " Not you too, Tao. I thought that you would at least stand me by. And besides, we've been here for just half an hour. Play games if you're bored or something." " Ah I'm tired! I hope they get up soon." " No one told you to wait here with us. Go sleep if you want, Luhan." " Hmm yeah I think I'll do that. Have Fun waiting guys." He stood up and went towards the stairs but stopped in front of them. " What's wrong, Lu?" " They're awake." They all stopped moving and fixed their gaze at the stairs. The three that were in the kitchen, including Sooyeon, also came as they heard Luhan.  " Ah Rose, Lily. You're awake. Come join us. I want to introduce you to everyone."

 

Author's Note: Well how will their first meeting go? And what's wrong with Xiumin? We'll see in the next chapter ;-) I hope you liked it and remember to leave a comment. Saranghae<3